Gase doesn't get it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 8, 2019.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Really wish you'd hang around, Kurt - this post is just another example of the cool, calm, collected, and insightful impressions you share around here.

I really can't believe that this thread is still going strong. Haven't the major players made their views abundantly clear? No one is going to change their opinion at this point.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The feel good post of the year. Thanks Sid.

If it makes you feel any better there are Pats fans who will die before the playoffs start who will never see another banner fly. Being a fan of the Jets isn't for crybabies.

Put on your big boy pants and glue your eyes to the train wreck for 4 quarters, 16 games for however many seasons it takes. Buckle up drink hit the meds if you need but don't cry me river. We're Jets fans. We can take endless amounts of crappy football, losing seasons and heartbreaking playoff losses. There's no amount of agony a Jets fan can't bear. Wear it as a badge of honor. I remember when Red Sox and Cub fans used to be tough and dependable. Now they're like soft mushy diarrhea, Yuk!

Buck up Sid it's all going to end soon enough and it ain't going to be Heaven can wait, it's going to be football hell forever.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great to see that you haven't left altogether! Please come back and stay. I miss you, and know that others do as well!

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Kurt's a dyed in the wool Jets fan. There's no escape. He's always been all in.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Since firing Gase the Dolphins are 0 - 1.

Since hiring Gase the Jets are 0 - 1.

6. Ralebird

That is an unfounded opinion, not a fact.

7. Ralebird

Inappropriate signs of a losing argument.

8. Ralebird

False. Miami has been in a free fall since they hired Gase.

9. @NCJetsfan @HerndonFan @statjeff22 @Falco21 @Biggs

Dont wanna make a big fuss about my absence.Had my reasons well beyond football.But thank you for the kind words.

:)

If you are calling for Gase to run a screen it was likely the right call.

In all seriousness, could be acouple reasons why they didnt.

1.with screens,often theres a primary defender that needs to be identified pre snap to be properly accounted for, typically either DE/OLB or safety in box.If there having trouble IDing the defense,running a screen w an unaccounted for defender could be a massive loss of yardage or worse.

2.There were so few looks down field from our O that it was hard to even tell what pass coverage billls were using.Looked like they were mixing up pressing/bailing/playing off..but in terms of zone vs man..just didnt have alot of time to tell.But if they were playing short zone which they very well mightve been, screens can be quickly nullified bc the D is “face up” to everything offense is doing.

Need to run the ball & hit one deep to open things up.They didnt get the Bills out of their primary defense/gameplan once the entire game.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Those records show Gase is better than Joe Philbin. Which isn't much more impressive than saying he's better than Gus Bradley, Hue Jackson, or Jim Tomsula. As for the current Dolphins team, they traded all their vets away because they're trying to tank. Gase (and anyone short of Belichick) would have also been blown out last week.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Actually it wasn't either a fact or an unfounded opinion. It was an opinion that was logical, grounded, rational, reasonable, justified, etc., etc., etc. Miami has had 1 winning season in 10 years. Gase was the head coach. Fact.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Kurt, did you play D-line in some program somewhere? I mean, when you aren't losing your mind over the Patriots shenanigans, you have the most insight by far of anyone that posts here.

So, can you explain what "great bend" is?

13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well lets see he is 1-4 against the HC of the bills. The game plan was very very similar to game plans he used in Miami. What crucial plays? You mean throwing 5 year pass to slot R? You mean force feeding Bell the ball and not having Montgomery or Powell come in at all? Really...

Why would you play a OL that hadn't played together at all? Because they are veterans like AG said? Yea we saw how that worked out. And you failed to comment on his conservative play calling that was = to TB regime. I guess we'll see about the dynamic O he was talking about .

o
    No they couldn't … the D scored 8 points. They were dysfunctional all game long and there were no adjustments in game or at half time...sound familiar ?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Its amazing, if the O just executed those 3 big pass plays to RA, this topic wouldn't exist. The main problem is execution.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I didn't pay attention to the Dolphins the last few years.

I don't give a hoot about Gase's media savvy.

I don't like what I saw out of the offense game 1. Actually it was pitiful.

This could be a long year.... :confused:

Ralebird likes this.
  16. Again,dont wanna make a big fuss.My opinion carries no more meaning than anyone else on here..cept for @Ralebird..Kidding! Lol

I only played from age 7 to 15.Was good for my age group till i got to HS & health sidelined me for good.

Just been obsessed with football far beyond normal fan levels my whole life.Read anything i could find,watched every game/draft i could all day Sat & Sun.When i got old enough,while other dudes were chasing girls(er boys..or...pronouns) i was down at hoftstra not for autographs but to watch Anything w OL,DL & DBs.

I became a senior columnist for a draft web site for acouple years before entering insurance world,got sick,lost my career & long story short im now coaching/ scouting
    in D3 college ball.Absolutely love it.My goal is to become a director of player personnel for a D1 school. Keepin my head down but alot of encouraging compliments along the way.

@Dierking Whenever i lose my shit over the pats you enter my mind cause i know youre in NE too,always lingering in the nfl forum & usually have a kind way of bringing me back to earth after my tirade.I think those dentistry tools of tirture keep you sane...im not as collected. Ive calmed down quite a bit but the term “jealous” still ignites a fire from within.Call me bitter,say my team sucks,even say im a loser..dont call me or any jet fan jealous.

#216 KurtTheJetsFan, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2019
    johnny and Dierking like this.
  17. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What quality coaching has he received so far? Just wondering why you do not use the strengths of your QB... or better yet, why no in game adjustments? maybe its me but I am not interested in blame game just results and this coach is now 13-20 the last 2+ years.

Why is it you see other teams play sound fundamental FB while our guys always seem to be lacking, missed assignments, poor communication, etc. Coaching and players...

18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I didnt hear much of what he said... but i did hear him call out our WR core, and hard to say that wasn't directed at Q and Robby.

And that's good for me... I'm pretty tired Q and Robby showing up every 2-4 games and being invisible the rest.

Robby being our number 1 kills us, he is just not that.

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Why don't we give the offense a little time to click? They are learning a new system on the fly with minimal reps together. Anybody who expected the Jets to just blast off and come out of the gate wrecking is delusional.

Yes, close games like that where a lead is blown hurt emotionally, but let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.

20. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

It always is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk