Pathetic to drop a 16 point lead.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 8, 2019.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This is the same old story every year, the D flames out in the waning minutes. Just pathetic.

sackexchange likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Don't forget spending all our money on one shit cornerback and having threepence left to spend on the other CB's.

WR's wide open all over the field today, disgraceful, I would pay TJ up at the first available opportunity, he was an embarrassment today.

3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

We're not there yet

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMO this has little to do with Sam and even less with Gase. And fucking everything to do with the worthless GM history culminating with Mac cluster fuck and the POS committee that appointed him. Our OL and kicker cost us the game. Period end of story and massively inexcusable.

Baumeister, Cman68 and Freddy Mondo like this.
  5. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

As holes in our team have developed over the past ten years, absolutely NO ATTEMPT WHATSOEVER has been made to fill them with good players. We had a decent O-line when D'Brick and Mangold were playing. How many LTs or Cs did we draft in the early rounds to replace them? Oh yeah, NONE! We were too busy drafting a bunch of D-linemen we had no need for because they were "too good to pass up" and analysts were comparing them to [some Pro Bowl defensive lineman]. We filled the holes left by Revis and Cromartie with no name guys who would be special teams talents at best anywhere else. This team is going to take years to get to even .500 again.

6. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Miss easy kicks, lose game.

7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Fuck this team

Fire Gase

Darnold did not look good st all
    Bust watch starts now

JeTsInTexas likes this.
  8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Too early to say.

Unlike Buttfumble & Geno and many others Darnold has shown glimpses of franchise QB ability. He's crazy young too.

9. chinopec

chinopec Member

All started with that idiotic roughing the passer on 3rd and 10.

10. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

This season makes 44 years for me. So unfortunately I'm stuck with this loser team too. It's the curse of my lifetime.

K'OB likes this.
  11. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Man, was it a terrible loss...fuck yes.
    Is Darnold as bad as y’all are saying...hell no!
    Buffalo has a top D...our Oline is brutal.
    He will be fine if the coaches can cobble together some semblance of protection.
    The D when it lost Mosley was scary. And not scary in a good way.
    Lots to worry about, but I ain’t throwing the towel in in the season just yet.
    There are some stars here..Bell was the man today. Mosley before the injury.
    There’s time to get this right.

12. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Maybe not this season. But we need to throw in a king's ransom to get the O-line fixed for next year.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

" They are who I thought they were " = Gase is a loser until he proves me otherwise = the guy called plays scared today! Did we take even 1 damn shot downfield ? As others mentioned why was Darnold not rolled out it makes zero sense. The O line got abused I told you guys TOO many weak links ! Still no pass rush where have you gone John Abraham and Jason Meyers ? The secondary still sucks and let me give a big shout out the most over rated and over paid CB in the league # 22 Trumaine Johnson ! We can add a kicker to the list of needs as the Jets cant find one. It is only 1game but IMO as I have said for a while its Gonna be a long year folks 6 -10 looms.

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

yep - I was texting my mate as I watched the game and when that happened i said that was going to keep the bills in this game - it all went downhill from there and we seemed to switch to some sort of 'prevent defense' and they just ran all over us

K'OB likes this.
  15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

you are a better man than me, my towel has hit the mat - just watch I bet Mosley ends up out for multiple games, he looked to have done himself an injury when he ran back to cover that pass in the endzone

dcinct and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Let's not forget the pass rush issues that never get fixed by drafting interior DLine men

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, as bad it it was, it's still just the first game.

There. that's the "good news".

For a supposed "offensive genius" how did Gase not figure out how to get this offense moving? Yes, the OL was terrible, but Buffalo has one of the best defenses in the league so why wasn't he prepared for that? Where were the designed roll outs? Why not take a few more shots deep to slow the rush down? And where was the "D" when it was needed at the end? The other "genius" on the CS couldn't figure out some way to stop them? And finally, whose brilliant idea was it to go into the very first game with a completely unproven PK? Four points taken off thee board by that alone! The margin of victory plus 2!

The "silver lining"? I can devote time to much more enjoyable and productive things instead of watching this shit.

K'OB, 94Abraham and JeTsInTexas like this.
  18. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Just some perspective for everyone who's freaking out:

This Bills defense might be top 3 this year. Could be the hardest we play all year. I guess nobody remembers what has happened in the past years when our team starts to choke--our QB starts turning it over in a panic. I thought Darnold did a great job of playing turnover free football. He clearly wasn't sharp today and missed a few things and their D-line had him rattled a bit, but the most important thing he did was not make it any worse with his play.

I think Mosleys injury could be a big impact, but I actually think the offense will produce more, and if Darnold's "bad games" (wasn't even that bad) are like this--I'll take it.

19. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

It's realistically gonna take a year or 2 to fill the vacuum of talent left by the MacCagnan regime. There is no way for a team to overcome missing so consistently on mid-round picks. Darnold may or may not be the answer but either way, he needs to be set up for success with a good O-Line, good playcalling and a playmaker or 2.

I always try to keep my expectations in check with this team. I was seeing the ceiling as sneaking into the Playoffs as a Wild Card. Still hoping that is the case but the realist in me says we're looking at about a 7-9 season.

PabloJa likes this.
  20. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

Bills d linemen are all 7 feet tall