Next week is Chad's last chance: thoughts from a Chad fan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Gubernaculum, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This sums it up very, very well.

In fact, thank you, Mr. Mangini.

All seriousness aside, very well put, Br4dw4y5ux. And lt's not think Mangini isn't thinking this exact thing. It's the end of the era, it really is. And Mangini will be kind about it, you can bet on that. Chad has been the face of this team for quite a while and has given us some thrills and a lot of hope. I'll never forget going into Pittsburgh and basically slapping them around. We lost and were eliminated, but the Steelers knew they didn't deserve that game.

But Mangini and Tannenbaum have the awesome responsibility to continue getting this team on track. And they will. And that means a change in QB for next year. We can't go to the next level and win knowing we have to face opponents who have our number and can use it to huge advantage.

2. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Once we get loss #7, we need to play Clemens to get him experience.. This isn't a knock to Chad, it's more of building for the future and seeing what we have.

3. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

That's not all Chad's fault though.

Cotchery and Coles are nice possession guys, but they aren't big time deep threats. Baker's a decent tight end, but not a guy who's really going to open things up for everyone else. Our running backs are mediocre. We've been able to piece together some decent rushing numbers because of good gameplanning and good coaching, but none of these guys actually scare a defense

Chad is part of the problem, but it's deeper than that. The offense as a whole is devoid of real playmakers that can cause matchup problems and the defense has to really focus on.

Next year priority #1 has to be to get a big time running back, probably through the draft. I think that could do wonder's for this offense. We could also use more of a playmaking receiver. Maybe that will be Brad Smith, maybe not, but I'd like to see him get more involved in the passing game.

And then I'd have Clemens and Chad compete for the job in training camp. If Clemens is the better player at that point, make him the starter. If not, Chad should start again next year

4. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

I suppose Santana Moss was also a possession reciever too? And I guess CuMart was never a big time RB. And I suppose the actual top QBs in the league, like Brady, Manning and McNabb have always had that big time running back playing with them. C'mon man, it's Chad holding back the rest of the team. The RBBC is fine, as long as you have a QB that keeps the defense from cheating up because you can't pass for anything beyond 8 yards. Coles is one of the fastest WRs in the league and went to a Pro Bowl with Brunell as his QB, and he's not exactly a great QB. Moss went to a Pro Bowl too with the same chump. Meanwhile Pennington couldn't get either of them anywhere near the Pro Bowl. Cotch broke recieving records left and right in college, but now he isn't good? I think we have one of the better tandems in the league, definitely in the top 10. If we had a QB with a decent arm I think this offense would be wide open. It's a designed pass offense that doesn't have a QB that can pass.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Chad has never played a full season.

To bench him say week 17, would be wrong to do in my opinion.

6. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Yes, because Chad's feelings and him being able to say he played a full season is much more important then the future of the franchise.

7. The Dark Knight

:rofl2: I thought you would respond to that.

He should atleast start. Let Clemens come in to the game in the 2nd Q.

8. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

exactly.

and this is the kind of thinking I think we don't see made public (in this forum) by the Chad supporters. their loyalty and love for Chad clouds their reality; so they try to excuse Chad and give him another chance because this was just "one bad game." only, it's been going on for a few seasons now and one bad game is now a lot more.

cheers

9. The Dark Knight

Nothing wrong with letting him start the game.

10. The Uniform Bomber

i know what you're saying.

i just think that emotions keep people from admitting Chad isn't the answer. i wasn't trying to single you out or anything. it just seems like the people who are tired of Chad are looking at the bigger picture and don't appear as "tied" to him as the full-blown Chad supporters.

cheers

11. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

i agree, afterall we were considered a rebuilding team in the beggining of the season. it should be good to get clemens some real reps.

obviously only let him play when were mathematicly out of playoff contention.

12. The Uniform Bomber

even still, this board will piss me off because when Clemens doesn't play well in those 2 games he'll get this year, everyone will panic.

ya know, Phillip Rivers didn't play well in his limited action last year; a lot of people thought he wouldn't be the answer.

cheers

13. The Dark Knight

The Jets will most likely beat the Vikings. They have a decent shot of beating the Dolphins, so I don't know which 2 games you mean.

14. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Another interesting characteristic of many Chad supporters is while they claim that "anti-Chad" people hate him and want him to fail you can feel their own hate for Clemens practically oozing through the screen. This guy took what 4 snaps yesterday and I saw plenty of people bad mouthing him today. Absolutely unreal.

15. The Uniform Bomber

i'm done thinking the Jets will most likely beat anyone because we don't know which Chad or which D will show up next week.

cheers

16. The Uniform Bomber

totally.

and there are those who say "there's no way we'd be 7-6 with Clemens..."

okay, i'll admit, i wouldn't expect that either; but to say that it's impossible -- how? how does anyone know how Clemens would have played/progressed from the beginning. some guys come in and get it right away, some don't.

i just fear the game Clemens comes in and doesn't light it up.

cheers

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I have no problem with Clemens getting some time if we lose one more game, but so far, there has been nothing that tells me this guy has what it takes to be good in the NFL.

Ramsey will never be our answer.

18. The Dark Knight

Yeah, true. Thanks for all the cheers by the way. I could use them.

19. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

after the debacle yesterday, the time for change is now! Why wait? If CHAD runs the slate( but won't) he will quickly lose in the playoffs to any team with a good passrush! CHANGE is inevitable! Do it now!

20. Francis_Cole

Francis_Cole Active Member

At the start of the year we were thinking we might win 3 or 4 games at the most.
    Even Jets players thought that.

We are now 7-6 , and could finish the season with 8-8, something not many of us were predicting at the start, but due to the fact we didn't beat the Bills yesterday suddenly we are in some sort of crisis and need to get rid of Chad?

Right....