NFL Schedule released.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GREG, Apr 16, 2019.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think you're underestimating Jounson.

twown likes this.
  2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nah actually I think his brain power is lower then a cockroach & his history to date proves it. Actually a think crocs with the small brain ae way smart then the Johnsons :mad:

3. abyzmul

What does that have to do with Jounson?

FJF likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Perhaps playing Pittsburgh in the next-to-last game will somehow help Bell stay healthy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@donkey

Our date in London is set my friend. :) Dec 29 is my birthday and I will be in London. Let's bring all TGG UK members together and watch Jets clinching playoff together and celebrate my birthday. First round on me. :)

NYJetsO12 and donkey like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

cowboys are interesting. on one hand they lost 2 of their starting lineman. on the other hand they still have lawerence and grabbed a lineman from miami in a trade. on offense their o-line is still great. and they have zeke at RB. but yeah on paper dallas doesn't seem as good as they did last year and they got much worse this offseason. that may be a game we could/should win

Footballgod214 and donkey like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

I think both miami and the bills are weak teams. not sure how buffalo isn't a weak team. they have nothing on offense. nothing at WR, mccoy is old and beat up, no o-line, allen still needs a few years to be good (if he ever gets there) and their defense isn't anything special to tide them over

8. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Perfect mate, I can do that. Brook and the playoffs...boom! :)

Brook! likes this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Looks like I got my wish with the Bills being first week! That should be a good one!

10. abyzmul

Enjoy your roofies.

Brook! likes this.
  11. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

Not till 5pm? Jeez

12. NCJetsfan

If the schedule that Manish leaked is accurate, it's not nearly as bad as it could have been, and I think the potential positives outweigh the potential negatives. Like any schedule, there can be pluses and minuses.

I see the following as positives or potential positives (they're mostly things that other posters have said):

1. We don't play 3 games in 11 days

2. We don't have to travel to the West Coast

3. Both games against the Pats are early

4. We don't play in Jacksonville and Miami until Weeks 8 & 9, and it should be a little cooler then

5. No 3-game road trips

6. We open with the Bills, which should be a win

7. We only travel 200 miles for games through the first 7 games

8. Playing the Browns early will be a good gauge of where we are

9. The early bye

10. The games against Miami and Jacksonville are back-to-back, so the Jets could possibly stay in Florida for the week, rest, and acclimate to the weather if they have a place where they could practice

11. Away games are at Cincy, Philadelphia, Buffalo, NE, Miami, Jacksonville, Washington, and Baltimore. NE, Baltimore and Philly are potentially the only tough away games.

12. Two Monday night games give them more time to prepare against those opponents (Browns and Patriots).

13. Ten very winnable games (Bills x2, Dolphins x2, Jaguars, Bengals, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, and Raiders), and the other 6 games are winnable

EDIT: 14. Due to the Thursday night game in week 15, that would give us extra time to prepare for the Steelers.

Negatives or potential negatives

1. Rough early stretch of games Brown, Pats, Eagles, Cowboys, Pats (although I don't think the Cowboys will be that tough, and this could actually prove to be a blessing, because if we win 3-4 of those games it will give the team a huge confidence boost, and they could get on a real roll. Hopefully, we will still be healthy this early in the season, and that should help. )

2. Possibly late rough stretch Ravens, Steelers, and Bills (I actually don't think this will be. The Ravens lost most of their pass rush and the leader of their D. I think we have a very good chance to, and may finally beat the Ravens. I think the Steelers will be very beatable minus Bell and Brown, and Roethlisberger isn't what he was a few years ago. The Bills could be better by that point, and they're always tough in Buffalo, but we should be able to beat them twice barring major injuries.

3. Early bye

4. Two Monday night games gives them less time to prepare for the next opponent (Patriots and Jaguars)

EDIT: 5. Due to the Thursday night game week 15 against the Ravens in Baltimore, this would not give us much, if any time to prepare for the Ravens game, and it will be even tougher being in Baltimore where we've never beaten them

#72 NCJetsfan, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

They made a lot of moves this off-season (just like the Jets) to improve their OL and WR corps. They had the #2 ranked D last year so it was pretty good. I am not saying they are great but the Jets (4 wins last year) are no position to call anyone weak. I say the Jets and Bills are evenly matched and will probably play two close games and split. As for the QB's I think both Darnold and Allen are the real deal. Which one ends up being better time will tell.

14. abyzmul

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You jealous? Shame on you that I came to San Antonio and you snubbed me. Look at my dear friend donkey. We will first get together at the Cowboys game here at Metlife and then watch Week 17 in London on my birthday.

donkey likes this.
  16. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

No, that's what happens on phone. I'm not on pc where the address bar does it normally

17. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Probably because the Eagles game is a scrubs only game, where as Giants game would have been starters playing in week 3 pre season game. I don't see the reason behind it seeing we play divisional teams twice a year so what is the difference.

#78 BudJet, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  18. GasedAndConfused

other then landing mitch morse, I don't see that much improvement. Wasn't aware they had the number 2 defense but i guess 25% of your games against the jets and fins helps that along lol. They are still preaty weak at the offensive skill posiitons and allen has to make a big jump.

19. NCJetsfan

Good point, but I think the Jets have a big edge at QB, at RB, and CS. Talent-wise or CS-wise, this isn't the team that only won 4 games last season. Buffalo added some good OL, but they also had some JAG-types.

NYJetsO12 likes this.