New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

Wouldn't have sold any??? The nfl breaths and dollars come flying in. They didn't' need this stupid promo. All people need is one image and they buy crap up, like Pavlovian dogs.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well you are wrong. but that's ok

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You don’t have even a basic understanding of marketing I see.

4. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I dislike the uniforms. I hate the ownership that selected them. Except I really hate the black uniforms.

5. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

I have no understanding of marketing because I know people would buy crap, with less build up then what they did? No. It means I understand it quite deeply after observing it for 4 decades. People are so entrenched in consuming that we didn't need that half hour after 6 months. All we needed was the 2 seconds to see the jersey. I understand marketing quite well. It's just another aspect of propaganda. It's just another way to convince you of something. My point is, people are already convinced that they will obey and consume from the nfl. They didnt' need the build up. And the fact is, after all that time..half the stadium will still be filled with last years' jerseys.
    The Jets didn't do this as a separate entity from the nfl. They are an nfl employee so to speak.The nfl is one company.Not 32 separate companies. The nfl organized this show and release. The nfl designed and ok'd the uni's..the nfl made all the decisions. Not the Jets themselves.

6. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

I would have used your name if it were available :) darn you!!

donkey likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Well, you are unhappy. Makes sense!

8. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

Judging by how I've been spoken to. You should be banned for making that statement!! :) blasphemy!!

9. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

at first it was, not bad...like the helmet, like the green, white & black uniforms, but could be brighter green. After seeing different pictures with better lighting I was like WOW the green is brighter than I thought and shows up better on the black than I thought. The more I look at the Uniforms & helmet the more I like them. I think the people with a preconceived Idea that a drastic change in logo and colors was going to happen are the ones most disappointed. I was actually relieved that they didn't turn out to be over done. there is not a whole lot of crazy things happening to try to set the fashion bar to a new level. Their simple but with a hint of modern touch. All in all I am pleased, I saw a few Jets on the NFL morning show give out a few jerseys to the hosts of the show & the green jerseys looked bright & sharp. The helmet they showed was bright green unlike some photos where they looked kind of Eagles-ish in bad lighting. I am totally pleased & will be looking forward to seeing them in the preseason.:)

#4309 BudJet, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    sackexchange, FJF, ukjetsfan and 2 others like this.
  10. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Most of the buildup didn't come from Jetland but from following this thread for the past year. 200+ pages of buildup came from poster's like you & I. What did you expect a 5 minute showing of the uniform & that's it. Then you would be complaining that "is that the best they can do is a 5 minute showing". I am convinced that some people just like to shoot their negative thoughts off no matter what. If people truly don't like the Jets organization & how it is run, then they should find another team to root for that makes them happy, ...like the Steelers. ;)

#4310 BudJet, Apr 6, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    FJF and K'OB like this.
  11. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

As it turns out.. I guess you could call it candy apple green but darker

12. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

When I saw this video yesterday I was in tears when I remembered this post of yours and then hearing Neil Glat saying “our only focus group was the players and they loved it” (minute 9:35). I mean, it was one of those laughs full of hopelessness knowing that this franchise is doomed with this inept ownership.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/the-making-of-the-new-jets-uniforms

BacktoQueens likes this.
  13. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

People with billions , don't let silly little tax slave peons make any decisions for them.
    Either that or the focus group for the Bucs was a bunch of color blind 7 year olds.

14. BrowningNagle

Well I bought it up back in 2003. So you missed out by like 16 years

15. BrowningNagle

No that’s literally all wrong. Cringeworthy it’s so wrong.

The New York Jets aren’t “an employee so to speak” of the NFL in any way whatsoever. The New York Jets are a for-profit company, thus subject to tax and dependent on their own growth. I can’t believe I have to type that out.

The NFL is simply a trade association. Just like Universal Studios isn’t “an employee so to speak” of the Motion Picture Association of America, the New York Jets aren’t employees of the NFL. And just like Universal Studios chooses which movies to produce and how to promote them, the New York Jets do the same with their uniforms.

I can’t tell if you are trolling and messing with people or if you really think some of the bullshit you are spewing. But either way, it’s dead ass wrong

16. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

the nfl has said in court, when a Jets fan tried to sue them for the Pats tape gate. That the nfl is a entertainment business under one umbrella.

17. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Remember the fools wanting a black helmet. Man how idiotic was that.

We knew the black jersey was coming for a calendar year. Not sure if it will have lasting popularity but I think we'll do the yearly color rush game in black for at least the next 3 season. It's entirely possible we totally get rid of it quietly one offseason once people get sick of it. It's a gimmick but one they couldn't resist. But it's really good to see the home and road primaries have very little noticeable black. Just an outline. Like 1990-1997

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

The green on green should happen almost never. I mean they'll do it, they've done it in past seasons. Gase strikes me as no nonsense (and Miami shifted back to a more traditional look under him) I do not expect Gase running them out there green on green very often.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I felt anger and frustration upon first seeing these, I realized later what I was feeling was just disappointment. My expectations were set too high.

Now after a few days to reflect I feel neither excited or upset.

I feel like a Jets fan normally feels.

FlaJet and Hackenberg like this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Candy apples are red, not green.

twown and abyzmul like this.