New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here’s another redesign of the new logo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

I'm kinda nuetral on the current helmet logo it's self, but this would have hit the spot. Love it!

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm glad that some people are psyched about them, and I don't mean to drag you and them down, but we all get to share our POV, right? I'm in the group that would've preferred no change (except banning the all-green uni), but if they wanted to change things I didn't want something garish. This version at least meets that criteria, but the logo is REALLY a botched job. And the shoulder stripes are strange - I guess they're one of the major changes and yet they seem to not really make a statement. Are they jet wings? Are they Nike swoops? What exactly are they supposed to be?. 20 or 30 pages back somebody posted a jersey with a jet that was made up of the N and Y and I thought "That's it!", that would've be innovative and combine the two major elements: NY and Jets, which is what a good logo should do IMO. This "new" logo isn't really a logo - it's a word sitting on a cartoon football.

So, in the end, I don't hate these uni's but I am disappointed, and I am angry at the Johnsons and whomever they hired to create this.

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Alright, after a day to dwell on it, the new uniforms are the worst we've had. Looks like some arena football crap.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Is that a chemtrail behind the Jet ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Me too. I actually think the helmet is awesome. Big fan of the chrome-y look and it's pretty unique for an NFL helmet. The Gotham green color is awesome too and really pops. I know people are hating on the shoulder stripes but I like them a lot. They kinda invoke Jet wings.

The only thing I would change if I could is the boring logo. Still want to see an actual jet appear somewhere on the uni.

BudJet likes this.
  7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Only the best.

8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Very nice. This would have been a nice blend of the last two logos into something new yet familiar.

While I don't have the photoshop talents to put it on one of the new helmets, this is an idea of what I would have liked to have seen done with it:

[​IMG]

I think put something like that on the green helmets that we got, perhaps with a tweak or two, and it would have accomplished their embrace of New York while also going for something new yet familiar, which seemed to be what they were trying for in terms of the logo.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

From what I've read on here and other places, the logo seems to be the main sticking point to the new uni scheme. Best bet is that they'll get changed out within a year.

10. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

What do you expect from the Johnson's?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Too much like the Giants.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

The Black could sorta be a Nets - Jets connection

13. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

Jets already had NY anyway. Mets ,Yankees..4 teams with NY. The letters are worshiped

14. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Now this I really like. The current "Jets" font is the one thing I don't like about our uniforms (the before yesterday uniforms), but the NY with the Jet looks great.

15. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Actually, a Yankees/Mets type interlocking “NY” logo would have been pretty awesome.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Good. Get rid of that football and have the streaking Jet under the word Jets. That would be excellent.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What are you talking about?

Look again, I responded to Kurt who had said "...I'm just angry."

Edited to add:

Unless you're talking about things like this that had been directed at him (italics added):

"Lol no, they in fact had 2 helmets. This isn't 1975. No one was sticking and unsticking all those helmets .they would have looked like shit during a game."

"same set doesnt mean they are using the same helmet and putting a sticker on it. It means they made more than just the white horn ones, beforehand .
    again, the helmets would look like shit, early in the game, if they just stuck horns on top of the other. Use some common sense, bro."

"its a pretend rule. they can do what ever the freak they want.. Allowed one helmet due to concussion issues...? thats meaningless nonsense,it means nothing. Thats not why the teams didnt wear throwbacks. They made that up because they know the common man is dumb enough to believe it. Colleges have 3,4,5,6 helmets a season. Again, common sense says the Rams didnt replace stickers multiple times. They would look like crap. its really that simple"

"nope, youre 75% duped by propaganda. Theres a slight possibility they might change out stickers... might. I will concede that.
    i'm not remotely 100% wrong, 50% at best. I'm most certainly not wrong about it being a fake rule. They just say that so you have something to gossip about. they do what ever they want, when ever they want.. Its not like you have any real first hand ability to know the truth.. Reading secondary and third party info isnt proof. it just means you choose to believe media."

"yeah, just like that rule about hitting a players head before the ball gets there... they do what ever they want, when ever they want. Both on and off the field. there are no rules for billionaires."

"ok, again, what part of they can do what ever they want, dont you get? quoting a rule book has nothing to do with what they actually do. They just tell you this.
    its meaningless jibberish for you to waste time reading. Nothing more. they do what ever they want, when ever they want.
    they constantly show and tell you how they dont actually follow any rules and you still cant seem to take a hint"

"the definition of conspiracy is basically wealthy people behind closed doors doing what ever they want at your expense. thats not some extreme rarity. Its exactly how the world is run on a daily basis.
    everything you do,say and think was provided for you by the propaganda that they funded
    ."
    Yeah, those "words on a screen" sound angry to me as well as starting out just plain wrong and veering way off topic into sociology and politics and are totally unnecessary here. My advice to Kurt and anyone else concerned stands as written in the morning.

#4275 Ralebird, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  18. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

No, I just bought some junk wax years, baseball and football cards boxes to open

19. Ralebird

I don't know if that would be permitted, the NFL requires at least five years between uniform changes. Whether that would also include just altering it a little by changing a logo or something like the socks I don't know.

It seems that almost everyone really disliked the color rush uniforms, not just for the garish shades but for the monochromatic look where shirts, pants and socks were all the same color but that's exactly what we got except for the whites but I think I did see an "official" picture where all white socks were shown there too. The garish green is gone but the Gumby look remains, now with the addition of a black Gumby. Hopefully they could change up the socks a bit.

20. Ralebird

Unless something has changed recently there is no actual home or away uniform in spite of what many may think. For a long time the home team has decided what uniform they want to wear and notifies the NFL and opponent. One team must always wear a white based jersey so it is up to the visiting team to conform. I would guess that each team uses their own criteria to decide what they will wear for any given game.

21. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

Actually, it's' based on gematria,numerology, maybe Egyptian oriented stuff..basically who's ever pulling the nfl's strings. in simpler terms..the date of the game and location can dictate who is dark or light jersey.

22. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I was born in March, part my hair on the left, and I enjoy olives.

Do I have any offspring I don't know about?