New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"A fool and his money..."

AJW and GQMartin like this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Since they are absolutely sucking on New York, are they gonna eventually get rid of the toilet stadium? Move to New York?

AJW, NCJetsfan and stinkyB like this.
  3. Ralebird

"Buyer's Remorse"

GQMartin likes this.
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

We definitely agree on how cringley out of touch the Jets ownership is to think the blue collar “Hey Donna, pick me up a sixer and a pack of reds” crowd would enjoy the America’s Got Talent uniform reveal.

5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This is all they had to do to not make it look "forced" like an 8yo on Madden's create-a-team made them. *mic drop*

HomeoftheJets, BacktoQueens and twown like this.
  6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t know how anyone can hate them. The general consensus of this thread for the last year was fear that they would go too far with the modernization. People feared the lime green, the ginormous numbers, which we did not get. They made them modern but kept them simple.

The helmet looks great and is a major upgrade. The green is a far better shade of green. The white is still sleek and simple. The black I get there are mixed feelings about, I personally like black uniforms.

The event was a whole nother story. It was awkward and unnecessary. Any event that has Glat & Johnson speaking is a fail. The teaser video was cool, they only needed to show the remainder of it and it would’ve been fine.

Robby looked like he would’ve rather been in jail then there, the other players looked like they were enjoying it decently enough.

7. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

For me it's the lines, and sharp points that look uninspiring. It's literally Bronco's pants and Chargers jerseys.

White = so long as I don't pay too much attention to the lines they look good
    Green = looks pretty gross, but the green on green solids is a putrid colossal failure
    Black = is how black normally looks with green accents, not good. Maybe with white pants but now we look even more like the Eagles *sigh*

BacktoQueens likes this.
  8. Ralebird

JETS New Uniform Unveiling

4/4/2024

TAKE...Another Shot

SackExchange69 likes this.
  9. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I'm not taking the time to catch up on the 20 pages from last night. Here are my thoughts. I like the colors of the new jerseys. Everything else seems underwhelming. I don't think it looks bad, but we were told "total redesign" and "badass" and I don't get any of that from this. If there wasn't so much hype and build up to this, I would probably like them. As is, they are fine, but I feel like the helmet is a missed opportunity.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

How was it NOT this?!

11. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

True def looks better, but let me ask you, then how will we take flight?

PabloJa and DarrelleRevis.Human? like this.
  12. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Dude, it’s an NFL official rule that has to do with reducing concussions, look it up. The decals are not flimsy stickers, they are sturdy malleable plastic with strong adhesive. Any alternate look on an NFL helmet is literally the same helmet with swapped out decals. Each player has only one helmet they wear throughout the season unless it is damaged, in which case it is replaced. The reason for this is they measure impact and pressure points on the helmets over the season to make the sport safer.

NY Jets68, NCJetsfan and abyzmul like this.
  13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

14. Ralebird

Regardless of how anyone feels about the experiences of the last twelve hours I think we must all keep in our thoughts today those low level staffers and interns in the Jets marketing department who have been tasked today with scouring the mainstream media, bigtime social media and this and other similar forums to compile a report on how the uniform change and its showcasing have gone for the Jets. Those poor bastard have a helluva decision to make deciding whether they should report that which Glat and Johnson wish to hear or tell it like it is. For all we know management may believe they have put on the best show since Woodstock.

Hang in there, guys, the job market has never been better!

15. Ive been so excited since the unis came out.But after reading this thread im just angry.

Neutral i can understand but this level of anger i really cannot relate to or understand.

Thanks to all the stick in the muds for kiling a nice vibe that shouldve at least lasted till our first match up w the cheaters

16. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Dude... exactly. The jet motif is so obviously and objectively superior to the cartoon football thing. Is there a single individual who prefers this goofy football logo to the subtle but sleek jet stylization?

The only thing I can imagine is that somehow there is something slightly politically incorrect about an actual jet? Like... I don't even know, climate change? Military = bad?

I know that sounds batshit crazy, but as you implied, what other reason could there possibly be?

Acad23 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just easier to use the Eagles' unis as a blueprint..

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

I personally think they should have went with a medium grey instead of black. Would have given the impression of an actual fighter jet. Think that would have looked awesome with this color green and white trim.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The name "Jets" is really is a misnomer..

20. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The old school pink power ranger was cute, the new one... meh...