New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

Sears Catalog , circa 1977
    [​IMG]

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

In all fairness, we always root for the ugly ones...lol

4. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

They are the same helmets. The NFL won't let teams use more than one helmet per player during a season. This is not a debate; it's the NFL's rule.

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

nope, youre 75% duped by propaganda. Theres a slight possibility they might change out stickers... might. I will concede that.
    i'm not remotely 100% wrong, 50% at best. I'm most certainly not wrong about it being a fake rule. They just say that so you have something to gossip about. they do what ever they want, when ever they want.. Its not like you have any real first hand ability to know the truth.. Reading secondary and third party info isnt proof. it just means you choose to believe media.

6. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

yeah, just like that rule about hitting a players head before the ball gets there... they do what ever they want, when ever they want. Both on and off the field. there are no rules for billionaires.

7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...-full-potential-of-new-uniform-designs-091616

November 2016:

Three years ago, the NFL established a policy that required every player in the league to wear just one helmet per season. The rule came after it was communicated to the league that changing helmet shells during the season may leave players more susceptible to head injuries.

“In 2013, we communicated to the clubs a recommendation from the Head, Neck and Spine Committee and the Player Safety Advisory Panel that players no longer wear different helmets during the season to accompany a different jersey design beyond the home and away uniforms,” a league official said in a statement when reached by email. “The outside of the helmet can be modified by removing or replacing decals, as long as it does not affect the integrity of the helmet.”

The league believes that new helmets need time to break in. By switching out helmets during the season, the NFL is afraid there's a chance players can get hurt if their new lids aren't broken in well enough. And while it's understandable that the NFL would want to take measures to limit brain damage to players (although there certainly seem to be more pressing practical concerns as far as that goes) — there's doubt as to whether this policy actually does that.

8. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

ok, again, what part of they can do what ever they want, dont you get? quoting a rule book has nothing to do with what they actually do. They just tell you this.
    its meaningless jibberish for you to waste time reading. Nothing more. they do what ever they want, when ever they want.
    they constantly show and tell you how they dont actually follow any rules and you still cant seem to take a hint

9. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

So Hackenberg is saying it’s a conspiracy and that he’s correct they do switch up helmets.

Okay then, nothing else to really discuss.

Anyway the uniforms are great.

HomeoftheJets and FJF like this.
  10. Hackenberg

Hackenberg Active Member

the definition of conspiracy is basically wealthy people behind closed doors doing what ever they want at your expense. thats not some extreme rarity. Its exactly how the world is run on a daily basis.
    everything you do,say and think was provided for you by the propaganda that they funded.
    no, i said I would concede the switching of stickers.. but they dont literally follow any of these rules. Its not a conspiracy by your definition of it being sneaky and rare. Its simply the wealthy doing as they please, as they always have.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My best takeaway from this mess was the kid Sam wanting to win win win win

That's what counts..

can't judge a book by its cover

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The color is very nice. I think that jersey with the white pants will be their best look.

13. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I'm pleasantly surprised, no horrible shades of off green or 2 tone green (which I feared).

I do think that the green shirts need the white pants and white shirts need green pants. All green or all white is a little too much for me. I think that they will sell, and thats what the Jets are after.

NCJetsfan, GQMartin and GreenFan15J like this.
  14. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

They can wear grass skirts for all I care.

Just beat the Pats...win the division. Get it done!

NYJetsO12 and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I will miss the all whites for sure.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Oh. My. God.

That was freakin' horrible. It was actually painful to watch. Bad jokes, bad music, bad pacing, bad content and terrible audience involvement.

Right there you have a perfect example of how out of touch Jets management is with their fan base.

They would have been much better off just getting the crap into Modell's and everywhere else overnight and let the real fans create their own excitement first thing in the morning. They could have called it Black Friday 2, instead they took flight - like a Boeing 737 MAX 8!

17. Ralebird

He's the guy they named the new Boeing 737 after. You know, the one that has crashed twice already.

18. Ralebird

I don't know if you know anything about football but I am positive you don't know anything about parties. That was no party.

19. Ralebird

[​IMG]

20. twown

twown Well-Known Member

So why are you interested in sports? Don't you believe the Super Bowl winner has already been predetermined?