New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I could as well. It's certainly the best of the mockups that we've seen to this point, by a fairly wide margin at that.

I could also deal with a similar design where they added a bit more black and/or silver, which is used as a minor bit of trim on the uniform.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That helmet is awesome.

Freddy Mondo and alleycat9 like this.
  3. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

My thoughts: If they're going to do something, go all out in a different direction than anything set before.

abc likes this.
  4. abc

abc Well-Known Member

I agree 100%... I Prefer a Different color as well... the jets are Only green & white because of Hess Gas.

Peebag likes this.
  5. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I believe the Green color predates Hess. Original owner (Sonny Werblin?) selected green based on "luck of the Irish". I think that Sonny was Jewish and not Irish so that aspect of Jets lore has never made sense to me.

Since Woody and Chris are part of the J&J legacy, maybe that means we're changing to Red and White??

Jets69 likes this.
  6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This thread cracks me up. I picture you all with your flannel shirt on and pants up to your nipples commenting on fashion that you wouldn’t know anything about if it smacked you in your face.

They will target a younger demographic than most commenting in here and most of the old fuddy duddy’s on here will hate it and threaten to not be a fan anymore.

Can’t wait!!

alleycat9 and Jets81 like this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I like the 80's helmet logo on a White helmet. Hopefully just like the all green helmet they can have 4 shades of it. I loved when we lined up on the ball our OL and DL looked like they were wearing helmets that we outsourced to a factory in a North Korean prison.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It definitely predates Hess. Green actually became popular in Europe during the middle ages for brides. It represented fertility.

sackexchange and ukjetsfan like this.
  9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Harry Wismer was the original owner and he sold the franchise for 1M to a 5-man syndicate headed by Sonny ("as in money") Werblin who renamed the Titans the Jets, changed the unis to green and moved them out of the Polo Grounds into Shea.

The 'green' was because Sonny Werblin was born on St. Patrick's Day. .

Brook!, sackexchange and alleycat9 like this.
  10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I think they made a prototype to compare to the green Jets helmet they eventually went with in the late 70s and 80's, so the white helmet with the retro logo isn't a new idea.

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. forevercursed

That's a baldfaced lie. It's mostly lighter green stuff with the retro and plane logo. There's no more or less black than there always was.

Black is not a new Jets color. We used it as an accent 1990-1997. We may use it as an accent again but it will never be a primary color because the overwhelming majority of Jets fans would hate it. Woody Johnson had 18 years to work it into our color scheme if he wanted. He never did

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Anything in this thread that has been either “not traditional” or “black”

Has been called ghetto or gangster

All things related to racism.

Why not just say I’m not a fan of the color scheme or style of uniform?

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I guess you guys haven’t watched the video.

We’re not just getting a lighter shade of green.

14. forevercursed

The video tells us absolutely nothing. It certainly doesn't hint at black. And yes we know it will be more than just lighter green. If anything what the Jets have been pushing (and what the fans love) is the 80's style logo. So if it's anything it's an updated 80's look. I doubt they'll go the bucs or seahawks route and look like garbage.

15. forevercursed

Because we don't want the Jets descending into the pits of the recent uniform laughinstocks/mistakes like Cleveland and Tampa. All that happens with those teams is that they go back to the drawing board like Minny and Miami did. So it needs to be repudiated. Harshly

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Can we at least agree that the numbers on the jerseys should be standard, block uniform numbers with minimal serifs and minimal outlining, not computer tron led types, alarm clock types, italicized or anything with goofy little wings sticking out in weird places. Numbers like the ones in use today are just fine.

Chappy13 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

On the current jerseys, the numbers are a different font than the letters in the last names. Idk when that started but I hope they fix that

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I can't think of any team that has anything other than plain block lettering without serifs for the players' names probably due to the limited space available for long names. Even the teams with goofy wings on the numbers or digitized numerical fonts still seem to use plain block letters for names.

19. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

Gunna go out on a limb and guess wrestlemania week (April 1-7) since a lot of media will be at MetLife

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  20. Nah...numbers are too flashy all together. We want our uniforms to portray a bleak,colorless timeless wasteland of nihilism just like the way the team plays on the field.

No numbers.No colors. No names.

Just plain white...home & away.

alleycat9 likes this.