Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not yet. I’ll get to it now that the seasons over.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Saying it again,,,,,,we still have a chance at some White stuff on Xmas ---yeah yeah I know = "WISHFUL THINKING " ---"don't know what Im talking about " "no one is saying this "------> NOT a tremendous storm , Im saying mood flakes and hopefully enough to make everything a bit white so don't kill the messenger ps keep an eye on New Years as ITS THERE and could happen and FJAY it looks as if me and you and the snow luvers might be dancing in the streets come January ----SnoWisperer out

FJF likes this.
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm sure there's a way to PM pictures, but I'm too stupid. Most people take photos of friends and family. I take photos of the food I make, haha. I have an excellent roast venison loin recipe, too, if you'd like.

@CBG it's gonna be 55 degrees today! I think your White Christmas hopes are dashed. Looks to be around 40 degrees on Tuesday.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Jeto " nothing is over until CBG says its over " ---as far as Xmas it might actually be slightly colder than these yahoos on Tv are predicting--I Mean the 3k Nam and 12K Nam still give us a chance at some mood flakes ----" now Dash away Dash away Dash away all ! "

5. jetophile

Yahoos, hahaha. And here we are with the flakes again. I'm not into the technicalities like you folks. I just flick on TWC now and then or see what's happening for the next couple days on Weather Underground. <=== I don't actually know how they got away with using that because Weather Underground - formerly known as Weatherman - was a domestic terrorist organization, lol.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

BTW----> local weather peeps are now talking about a shot at some snow on Xmas Eve,,,,,,CBG -->whispering away

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

snowing out,,,,,grass and deck are all white

FJF likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Same here c. A festivus miracle

CBG likes this.
  9. jetophile

Well, CBG, you got your wish. I woke up to a good dusting early this morning. Now if only you could wish Woody Johnson and the Jets FO into the cornfield.

[​IMG]

CBG likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yep Jeto I got ONE of my wishes and had it happened tonight it would have been even better but we got some good mood flakes and thats all that matters. I will settle on trying to wish Mac and Bowels into the damn cornfield as it appears sadly the Johnsons are here to stay.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I might as well annoy Jeto with another Xmas thread so here goes ----> To Jeto and all you weather freaks who follow this thread = that goes for you JayWayne where ever you are ------------> Merry Christmas to all of you !!!!

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Same to you CB!

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Hey Jayster-----> you out there ? How about Fjay or one of the other weather geeks ? Statjeff ? or Stinky ? = Im trying to understand MJO and how it effects our weather are any of you guys familiar with it or understand it ? If what I am reading and learning is correct then winter should arrive around the 2nd week in January ---> Im talking COLD and real good chances at SNOW and it should last for at least 6 weeks give or take ------> am I mistaken because I don't think I am------but the science of this is damn hard

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I know nothing about this stuff, but my understanding was that Madden-Julian oscillation was about effects on west coast winter weather, not east coast? Last I heard the long range forecasts were for warmer-than-normal temperatures for this part of the country, in part because of El Nino. That could lead to more storms up the East Coast, but they would be more likely to be wet than white. That's consistent with AccuWeather, which has 3" of snow total for the entire month (https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/new-york-ny/10017/january-weather/349727?monyr=1/1/2019&view=table). The Weather Company does predict a much colder February, but not January (https://weather.com/forecast/nation...march-2019-us-temperature-outlook-the-weather).

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Statjeff here is what I was told that " The favorable phases ( 7-8-1) promotes a ridge in the west which helps promote colder and stormier weather in the east " so it definitely effects both coasts

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Thursday / Friday " could be snow " just a heads up

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Still there,,,,,might be looking at Snow Thursday / Friday

regan62072 likes this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

How big of a snow CBG?

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook its still very much up in the air ----the models really suck and have not been much help so far this winter,,,,,,they have flipped back and forth between a rain event and snow,,,,might not know any better until we get closer. Needs to have an eye kept on it,,,still could be all wet and not white

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook unless something changes dramatically and there is still time but it looks like Friday will be WET and not White give or take a day

Brook! likes this.