Report: Jets will make a run at Jim Harbaugh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsclaps, Dec 23, 2018.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Give it to him. Give it all to him. Change the team name to the New York Harbaughs. Make his face the team logo. Whatever it takes. (Maybe not the last two.)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Harbaugh gives me the runs

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Do it, Chris! Sign this beast!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I have to think that Darnold's month of December is driving up the appeal of the Jets job. Excellent timing for the team.

5. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

If we do this it'll be Rex 2.0.... Lots of early success, followed by a epic spiral into the abyss lol

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

6. HomeoftheJets

Things are different when instead of Sanchez you have Darnold. Who by then might be a ********* **. (Can't afford to piss off the football gods.)

7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

He's going to reject us. But I'd love to have him here.

We'd better be ready to pay up. He's an excellent coach. A sociopath. Fine who cares. But a top notch NFL coach

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. forevercursed

And the mark of a great coach is they do evolve. They change, they adapt and learn from mistakes

Bowles never was able to learn from his mistakes. They are able to adapt to changing situations. A changing NFL. Shula was like that as much as I hated him. Belichick is like that. He's a far cry from the guy he was in Cleveland. Ditka couldn't. Landry used to but then he hit a wall. And things started to pass him by

If we get him his track record in San Francisco will not necessarily be an accurate prediction of what Jets coach Jim Harbaugh will be

9. HomeoftheJets

I think somehow we're the best NFL team for him. The only other openings where you can argue the QB is better are Cleveland (may or may not be better) and GB (better but older). But he isn't going to be Dorsey's bitch and Dorsey may stick with Williams and Kitchens. And Rodgers is tough to get along with, plus GB won't give him the power/money we can. So Harbaugh may say he'd rather stay in Michigan, but it isn't impossible he comes here (though it's still unlikely).

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. forevercursed

And by the way, he does have some bloodlines here

Jack Harbaugh was a safety on the 1961 Titans

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. forevercursed

You're right. He would never be subservient to someone like Dorsey and even a promising young QB like Mayfield...Mayfield and Harbaugh are two strong type A personalities who would clash often even if they do have success

12. HomeoftheJets

Yup. Rodgers is like that too. OTOH Darnold is easier to get along with, and he has the perfect temperament (calm and level headed) and playing style (West Coast plus mobility) to work well with Harbaugh.

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If they were smart they absolutely stick with those guys. Mayfield has looked excellent and they arent the team people circle on the schedule anymore. They’re playing good football.

14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Sam Darnold...a high draft pick...$90m+ in cap space...Pats decline(?)...potential dominance of division...Jets should be able to sell ANY coach to come here.

That being said, Is Harbaugh the right guy? In three years is he likely to be out the door on his way to his third dream job?

FJF and Mark Lattimer like this.
  15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Well if he is the Jets would be compensated handsomely so I’m more than willing to take that chance.

Harbaugh/ Darnold combo is a dream for Jets fans and nightmare for other AFCE fans. Just the possibility has got me excited.

I’ve thought Harbaugh was a pipe dream all year but with Darnolds emergence and current Jets situation I’m not sure Harbaugh will ever have a better opportunity to return to NFL. If the Jets truly make him an offer he can’t refuse, he just may not refuse.

16. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

So the Jets are going big-game hunting, but McCarthy ISNT on the top of their list.

Then a report came out last week saying an “unnamed NFL team is prepared to give Harbaugh a cant refuse offer”. Last night PFT found out the team is the Jets. Give Harbaugh more money than he would make at Michigan and give him full control over player personnel. This is a no-brainer decision.

HomeoftheJets, NYJetsO12 and Harpua like this.
  17. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I just want a coach that can use timeouts correctly.

18. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

The press conferences would be epic...

stinkyB likes this.
  19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I want a head coach. I don't want a coordinator who is great at doing one thing but cant run the whole ship. Bowles, Rex, Mangini, and Herm were all in way over their heads trying to run a franchise. We have the QB, we need a leader to go with him.

20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Jets winning a Super Bowl would be monumental. If that ever happened, a guy like Harbaugh would be out the door before the last drop of champagne gets squirted. Remember Mike Keenan?

Also, if Harbaugh goes to Notre Dame, Ohio State or USC in 4 years, how will the Jets be compensated?

Harbaugh is a potentially good choice. But he's a supernova. Jets fans deserve a ten year run.