Who is going to coach the Jets with a lame duck G.M?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AlexJETS, Dec 4, 2018.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I can say this without hesitation that Mike Mac regardless of who the coach is = his philosophy on how to build the offensive line will NOT change and he actually believes they way he is going about it actually works ! Shit can them both !

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Call me killjoy but see my thread about the new Org. chart that's coming..

3. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Per Cimini The embattled Todd Bowles is the first coach in Jets history to have three straight nine-loss seasons. Asked if this job has been a bigger challenge than he anticipated, he said: "No, it's normal. It's a coaching job." He added: "I anticipated a lot of things in my life that didn't go quite as planned, but that doesn't make it any more challenging than the next job."

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You hate to be a killjoy, hahaha. What's in your title bar, hello (said in Herm Edwards voice)?

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

well........ :)

6. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Not sure who is making the final decision; Chris? Woody? but the dysfunction needs
    to end, the GM and HC need to be on same page, I thought at the time that the 2 main reasons for
    the Hackenberg fiasco was his lack of talent and Bowles had no desire to work with him.....

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

8. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Think about this comment. it shows that this guy is delusional. How the hell can you be the 1st HC in team history to have three (3) nine loss seasons and not recognize that its NOT normal.... What an incompetent.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

JetsNation06, HomeoftheJets and CBG like this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I did not see your post,,,but IF IF IF the GM is actually blaming others for the draft picks ? " Dead on "

11. abc

abc Well-Known Member

vomit

JetsNation06 likes this.
  12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I stopped reading the NY Daily News because of Mehta.

He's the most divisive 'reporter' I've ever seen cover the Jets.

Stick with the NY Post people.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So now it’s serious?

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

WOW! This is about as clear of an indictment of the Jets organization as you'll find outside of a courtroom:

https://nypost.com/2018/12/08/jets-never-can-seem-to-get-off-of-the-dysfunction-train/

"There is a leadership vacuum on the Jets as the players make the same undisciplined mistakes seemingly every week. They’ll change the coach, and they can add some talent in the offseason, but just as important and necessary is an improvement in the organizational culture to actually fix mistakes...

...This culture of accepting losing and accepting mistakes week in and week out must change.

If you were in the Jets’ locker room Friday, you would think this 3-9 team were headed to the playoffs instead of mired in another lost season, as players laughed and joked with one another flanked by two giant blow-up Santa Clauses.

Ho-ho-ho.

This isn’t about naming a new coach or giving general manager Mike Maccagnan more power. It is about making the Jets more responsible as an organization.

Improve the communication. Hold players accountable for mistakes on and off the field. This is a sport that preaches communication as part of its holy grail — communication, toughness and instinct."

The worst thing about this is that it's been going on for years, not just under Macc and Bowles. But they were supposed to fix this, but after four years it's worse. Which only goes to prove that the problem - as we all have known - is at the top. Owners who are clueless and don't know how to build a winning team. Of course we also know that they've not going to fire themselves or sell the team, so all that we can hope for is that they somehow get lucky and hire some people that DO know how to build a winner. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

In contrast to this mess, there is an example from the other travesty of a team in NY, the Knicks, who finally seem to have hired some people who know what they're doing. Of course they haven't won anything yet, and still lose more than they win, but they definitely seem headed in the right direction, unlike the Jets. Here's what they did with their lottery pick Frank Nkilitina:

https://nypost.com/2018/12/07/message-received-frank-ntilikina-ready-to-re-enter-knicks-lineup/

Knicks coach David Fizdale gave all indications Frank Ntilikina is no longer French toast.

"After benching him for three straight games, including letting him sit during Thursday’s nationally televised 128-100 loss in Boston, it looks as if the 2017 lottery pick will be back in the mix when the Knicks host a rare Garden back-to-back — Saturday against the Nets and Sunday against Kemba Walker’s Hornets.

Fizdale even played center Luke Kornet, who has played less than 16 minutes this season, in the final minutes of the carnage against the Celtics — but kept Ntilikina on the bench...

Fizdale likely was testing Ntilikina — similar to the way his mentor, Pat Riley, used to play mind games.

“I do think that’s player development,’’ Fizdale said. “I think earning some of the stuff that you get is a big chunk of growing and having to fight for it is a big chunk of growing. The beauty of it is Steve and [general manager] Scott [Perry] are both on board with me of we’re not just going to hand it off to them. We want them to go about it the right way. Do I always make the right decision, the perfect decision? No. But I really try to be fair and at the same time develop them.”

This is something Bowles never did, and we can see the results in the lack of discipline and repeated mistakes inn his four years.

We all thought we were getting a whole new approach when Woody hired Macc and Bowles four years ago, but all we got was rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. If they don't blow it up and get it right now, there's no point in following them until they do.

15. jets12

jets12 Active Member

We need to make the change this year with a head of football operations who can hire a real GM and not a loser like Mike Mac. Then once that GM is in place they should collectively pick their coach.

They will then have about $120MM to go after the right free agents once they make some cuts and then have a high draft pick to leverage a few times within the first round to stockpile a bunch of draft picks.

This is the only way to go.

If Mac is back and screws up the free agent money just like he has done time after time with the Jets and has another draft like his last 4 then this team is screwed for another 5 years.

Jets fans need to get this message to the "Trust Fund" brothers before they screw the Jets fan base for another decade.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

POSTED IN ERROR[​IMG]

17. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

http://gph.is/16bk42g

Ok, well my GIF doesn't appear to be posting. It's a big huge yawn. The team will never go anywhere with the owners, and if the fans keep dictating that everyone should be fired every couple of years, the cycle will continue forever.

Todd Bowles has proven he sucks. Macc hasn't, at least not beyond a shadow of a doubt. If he gets fired, then you bring in a VP of football operations like you said. But if it's just going to be the Johnsons again, I'd rather extend the guy and let him hire his own coach and select his own players.

Jets69, Mogriffjr and Mr mittens like this.
  18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Solid thread.

Hasn’t been discussed before.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]
    Seriously, can we just get a mass mac thread already

K'OB and HomeoftheJets like this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Most Jets fans understand. Whether the Johnsons do remains to be seen. Though I wouldn't get my hopes up. Also unless as @FJF said we get a comprehensive Fire Mac! thread, we don't need another thread on this topic.