Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

16 degrees outside,,,just sayin

regan62072 likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It was 10 this morning. When the sunrose you could see the frozen water vapor droplets drifting through the air.

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Batten down the hatches it is going to pour tonight !!!!!!

FJF likes this.
  4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

That's no excuse for the George Washington Bridge. It's a relatively tiny stretch of road that can easily be treated on short notice and have plows on hand at all times during cold weather events. As soon as the bridge closed due to accidents the whole tri-state area was a complete goner. Nobody is giving this much attention but what happened with the management of the GWB during that storm is much much worse than Chris Christie's bridge-gate

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

hmmmmmmmmmm around Dec 4th or 6th needs to keep an eye on it

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Long range models really hard to trust lately but next Wednesday and Friday need to have an eye kept on them,,,,,

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

37º at the beach here this morning :confused:

CBG likes this.
  8. FJF

[​IMG]

CBG likes this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Put the board away and go ice fishing lol

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't want to live and die with each model run but AS OF NOW ---I am paying attention and keeping both eyes on the Middle of next week . Its a long ways off but definitely worth watching

FJF likes this.
  11. FJF

2 shots, Tuesday and the weekend?

CBG likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yep Fjay,,,it might turn out to be nothing = BUT right now looks like it could be 2 shots !!! I will send up the bat signal if this still looks the same come Saturday

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hey, I just ordered a new Squall parka from Land's End @ 50% off. I usually get the Squall jacket, but this is my 4th Squall now. It's the official coat of The Weather Channel! Waterproof, windproof, sealed seams, warm as anything. The sale is still going on. It's a great deal.

https://www.landsend.com/

What was this about again?

CBG likes this.
  14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Might have to get one, it was 42 degrees here this morning

15. jetophile

They're great for dog-walking and hiking in crap weather. I also have a great pair of bib snow pants from the same line that I bought a few years ago. I messed up a little because I ordered gaiters from a different co. before I saw the pants, but the gaiters work well with regular jeans with long johns underneath, so I'm good either way; it's just the waterproof aspect that does it for me (I snow shoe in the Winter, but also used to wear them to idiot Jets games in December). They have a couple of different choices as to jackets/coats/parkas, and some are for lighter climes but good for when it's chilly.

I got a postcard in the mail that the 50% was good until 11/27 with a promo code so that's the day I ordered it (by phone). I went to check the status of my order and it's still 50% off online, but I have no clue how much longer the sale is going on for. People always think they're getting a good deal when things are 50% off but most times it's 50% off of something that it is ridiculously marked up in the first place. I just wish it wasn't made in China or Indonesia or whatever, but almost everything is. :/ Their customer service is really good, though, and if something doesn't fit you can return it at Sears (even though there aren't many of those left) and have it sent back with no shipping charges and re-order it at the register.

CBG likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

in other news its another great day to fly a kite!!!

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

maybe a quick hi of some snow tomorrow---> but fast forward = it almost always snows when my inlaws visit and they arrive next Wednesday lol

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

How is the sizing on the jacket? Fit to size? It looks amazing, but I am always cautious about purchasing clothes online. I need a new jacket anyways.

19. jetophile

Pretty true to size I find. I only returned a Squall jacket once because the XSmall fit just right. Stuck a hooded thermal sweatshirt underneath and it crushed my boobs. Sometimes sizing is a little tough in general if you have broad shoulders let's say, but then it swims on you everywhere else. I would generally go with what size you usually wear, but it depends what you're using it for. Layering for moderate-extreme weather for hiking, skiing, or what have you or just scraping the ice off of your windshield and commuting. I almost bought a stadium coat a few years ago, but then said F The New Dump, Squall jacket and snow pants it is. Of course back in the day you were able to bring in the "hunting cushions" with the Styrofoam beads to sit on to keep your butt warm, but then they banned them. Why? Meanwhile back at the ranch, someone got a stun gun into a game. Idiots.

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. jetophile

Go fly a kite! I love that insult. It's almost better than fck off.