Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay,,,,,Im going to give the generator a trial run in a little bit its been a while. Soaked ground + trees with leaves + wind = No good

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Some wind and light rain here. Seems we're past the worst of it. No downed trees or anything dramatic. Just a fall rainstorm.

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman,,,I'm glad all is well . The storm was modeled much much stronger days ago ,,Right now many people under water. Freeport is a disaster as are other parts of LI. New Jersey has issues and the Jersey shore is under water . I have friends who live there and were not there for Sandy but are saying " If its this bad today we cannot imagine what it was like during Sandy ".The moon cycle and high tide and winds in the wrong direction really hurt people here.

FJF and Cman68 like this.
  4. Cman68

Yesterday I was roughly 40miles off the Jersey Coast. We could see the line of clouds gathering to the southwest towards Delaware and Cape May. By the time we got back to Brielle around 5pm, the sky was grey and menacing. It certainly had the look of a stronger storm was inbound. I'm sorry to hear about the flooding but I did notice the full moon was a lot brighter than usual the other evening.

FJF likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That October moon is always bright. I remember sitting in a tree stand one morning and wishing I had sun glass the moon was so bright !

Cman68 likes this.
  6. FJF

Putting money down on snow flakes before thanksgiving is a safe bet I think.

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay,,,,,,I will see your Thanks Giving and raise you possibly 2 weeks sooner than that,,,,,,what do you think ?

FJF likes this.
  8. FJF

that might be a safe bet too

CBG and regan62072 like this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Looks like it was pretty bad up there..... my brother sent me photos of his neighborhood on the water in Island Park. streets were at least 1' deep.... and of course idiots driving through em fast ( ruining their vehicles in saltwater)

CBG likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Lots of videos on you tube , yes areas got real bad storm surge. We did not get a ton of rain , I don't think anyone got more than an inch or an inch and a half. The winds in most areas were not too bad either, a friend lives on long island said not too bad but this storm surge effected so many areas .

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

yeah, he lives across the street from a canal.... surge flooded over into the streets.

12. Cman68

Here's a report from my favorite Capt. in Belmar, NJ:

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wow,,,,,

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I love when that happens! I've gotten stuck in the woods at night (not the morning) so many times I lost count. This one early November night I stupidly forgot my headlight thingy (Coleman makes them, but I'd usually just wear it around my neck). Well, you know how it is, it's dusk and you start racing the sun, but then 1,2,3 boom, lights out. Luckily most of the leaves had already fallen off the trees but it was still much darker than open field, and of course lots of shadows were cast on the trail in all the wrong places. I didn't care for the extended dark spots (coyotes, maybe a couple of specters, an escaped mental patient or two), but I know the trail like the back of my hand, so I said F it and went off-trail through a patch of woods that's not for the nervous to reach a farm field that in turn leads to the road.

A real shitty pain in the ass foo-foo chi chi New Age flake guy bought the farm house across the road from the field as well as the field and started raising organic chickens and growing hops. I hate that guy. He smashed the kiosk with the trail map in it with a rock and stole the map (I know it was him), and went on a personal campaign to ban people from "his land" i.e. taking a tractor in there, cutting down some big dead trees to block access, shit like that. Yeah, well, let me just walk around your blockade. I've been hiking and snow-shoeing in there for 20 years, try to intimidate somebody else.

Then he started putting up no trespassing signs and those yellow 'Posted' private property signs all over the trail claiming the land was his (it isn't, a good deal of it is public domain, and that idiot actually put a private property sign directly under a sign that the trail was maintained by the NY/NJ Trail Commission). So me and a few other pissed off people who never ran into each other kept ripping the signs down over and over again because it isn't even legal unless you name the property owner/address of what you're claiming is yours. He just didn't want anyone in there, and never called the police because he knew he was full of shit. Then he did start posting signs with the property address (XYZ FARM), and people still tore them down. The fact is, there are some huge old tracts of land there, and some of the private property does zig zag and jut onto the trail. However, they've been allowing hikers back there since forever, just no hunting (I'll get to that doozy another time). ALL OF THE LAND IS NOT YOURS, YOU POS. He's such a liar, and this one lady I know who owns a million more times land than he does and the land has been in her family for 150 years ripped signs down herself. Because he was posting them on HER property.

So back to that early November night, I made it to his stuck up big organic movable chicken coop and hops field. The moon was so bright it was casting shadows as sharp as the sun, but everything was bathed in this unearthly silver blue light. It was stunning. I took my time getting to the road, and when I did get there I stood in front of his house and gave the good ole two middle fingers salute. Asshole. So that's my Bright Moon Story.

jaywayne12 likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

looks like we will be trick or treating in shorts.

16. Cman68

Nice out here... kids making the rounds...Normal Halloween so far.

17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

JETO....that is a great read. Great stuff.

18. jaywayne12

ok..lets get ready for winter....although this forecast is very fall like.

NYC METRO 7 DAY FORECAST:

Today
    Partly sunny, with a high near 68. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.
    Tonight
    Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Low around 59. South wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
    Friday
    Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 69. South wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
    Friday Night
    Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 54. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
    Saturday
    Rain likely before 9am, then a chance of showers after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a steady temperature around 55. West wind 6 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
    Saturday Night
    Partly cloudy, with a low around 38.
    Sunday
    Sunny, with a high near 54.
    Sunday Night
    Mostly clear, with a low around 40.
    Monday
    A 30 percent chance of showers after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
    Monday Night
    A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 47.
    Tuesday
    A 50 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 61.
    Tuesday Night
    Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
    Wednesday
    A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.

19. jaywayne12

Looking a few days after this a cold front comes through that might actually bring you guys up there a thunderstorm Wednesday/Thursday. Cooler temps after that.

Have read many long term forecasts for this winter and general consensus is that it will be above normal temps with above normal precip.
    Theory down here in Wilmington is a hurricane hit leads to a snow event in the winter....CBG...keep me updated if you see anything long term so I can check it out. Will try to stay updated this winter.

20. jaywayne12

(just checked the maps for next 48 hours for you guys...and yes...THUNDERSTORMS WILL HAPPEN)