Week 3: New York Jets @ Cleveland Browns (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Sep 16, 2018.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I agree. This Cleveland defense is really good.

The only saving grace right now is that Landry may not play.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I’m not really in the mood to deal with the Jets breaking Cleveland’s two year win drought.

Brook! likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

So basically Mayweather and Pacquiao.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think that the Browns D is NOT SLIGHTLY BETTER but much better than ours. The HC is a wash as I can't decide if Hue Jackson as bad as he is makes him worse than our prize in Bowels ? They have a genius in Williams we have an imbecile in Rodgers.This is just my opinion but I think the Browns can easily get pressure rushing 4 , The jets cannot get pressure rushing 4. Im scared of Garrett and company and I hate , I detest our linebackers = been a while since I typed that so I was over due . I think Johnson is the weakest link in our secondary and will get picked on, I hope that Landry does not play that will help but I think we are in trouble here.Duke Johnson has been invisible thus far this year I sure hope he does not show up and kill us out of the backfield,,,, Getting a loss here and giving them their first win in 2 years would absolutely suck !!!

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I can't believe the panic on this board.
    There's a reason why this Cleveland regime has managed to win one game in 34 tries. Actually many reasons. Let's just say it's not an accident.

This is a team that was given 6 turnovers in the Steelers game and still couldn't find a way to win the damn game. SIX! The NFL winning percentage when you have a +5 turnover margin must be 95%. When the Lions gave us 5 turnovers we won the game by 31 points. Then they manage to put up a whopping 18 points against a Saints defense that looked like they couldn't stop a high school team in Week 1. They also won the turnover battle in that game 2-1.

I'm not saying we'll steamroll them ... but we're the better team and I expect to win by more than a TD tomorrow night.

Jets 26 - Browns 17

NYJFOREVER and dawinner127 like this.
  6. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Fans are fans, and fans want wins... now.

Even though we all know in our heart that this season is about the development of our young QB, after each loss we're still going to hear "Bowles must go", "Mac must go", "Woody must go" and "player X needs to be benched, waived, cut, or shot". Unfortunate, but that's just the way it is.

When I read a few other forums, I realize that every fan base is the exactly the same.

We're in a great position to dominate our division for a decade, but if we lose on Thursday, the end of the world is nigh.

FJF and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I think fans can stomach loses but i do think the degree of them(being the browns or dolphins) is what burns them and jades them.

All we want to see as fans(with logic) is progress. I knew Darnold was gonna have turnovers look at this collegiate career. But I do want to see progressions of targets, movement in the pocket and awareness of pocket which is league average if not better then most league starters.

Build on this season. Fill holes with the money next season and try and draft and Stud WR or Pass rusher.

8. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I like the spirit and I hope you are right. I've been feeling morose about this game and I hope I'm wrong.

9. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Forevercursed you remind me of the glass 1/2 empty Boston Red Sox fans who still complain about them today even though they have won more than a 100 games.

The future is bright for the Jets with Darnold and even if they do lose this game, it is a long season and who cares! You are not cursed but a loyal fan who was there for the team during the darkest hours. I will have more respect for you when the Jets start winning than those Johnny Come lately fans that will show up on this board.

Stay steadfast and keep the faith!

Brook! likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Fact: Tyrod Taylor is has beat us 4 times; Sam is a rookie QB; both coaches are terrible; I would say the Browns have a better D but both both offenses are about the same; Browns are at home ..hungry for a win

The line is 3

If the Jets show up preparedSomeone wins this game by three points ...can't say who

If the Jets are ill prepared : Browns win by 2 TDs

Sorry Charlie..

Cman68 likes this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Browns and Hue Jackson are a joke but Todd Haley and Gregg Williams are two very good coordinators. This is a toss up game.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Again, we have no idea which Jets team shows up tonite..

Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Turnovers will be a big part of this matchup. The Jets need to protect the damn ball. Catch it, hold onto it, don’t throw it to the other team. Basic stuff but its been the primary difference between their win and their loss.

And contain Taylor. He scares me more than the Browns defense. He has a good record against the Jets, he plays lights out on Thursday’s, and he’s mobile.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The last two times we faced Tyrod he played well, but the determining factor was keeping the run game in check. In the November game last year he played well, but the run game was nonexistent. I think they ran for 50 or 60 yards. The first time we played them in 2017 they ran for over 5 YPC. I know its a different team, but the formula stays the same. Make him beat us with his arm in 3rd and long situations behind the chains. I'll take my chances tonight with him having to throw 35+ times. If they can run the ball successfully tonight we are in trouble.

FJF likes this.
  15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

This Madden sim seems reasonable.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're optimistic and looking forward to a Jets win. That's how a fan should be before a game. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. Clevelands two year drought has zero to do with will it rain tomorrow.

The Jets had 3 straight losing season with Weeb and an incredible coaching staff including Namath's rookie year. It was in Namath's 3rd year when we made the playoffs and 4th year we won the SB. In the grand scheme of things this game means almost nothing for both teams. The Browns and Jets future are tied at the hip to Mayfield and Darnold. We already won big on draft day.

Dierking and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Only thing I didn't like about the simulation was when we attempted a 800 yard field goal or whatever it was, and the fact that we had timeouts at the end of the game.

Jets81 likes this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Biggs, I gotta say you make a compelling argument for optimism. You almost have me willing to set aside 55+ years of well-earned disappointment in favor of expecting the best. Almost. Maybe after a few more wins.

But I hope you're right.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The 3rd and 6 stop negated because of a facemask penalty, followed by a whiffed tackle (Miami 29 yd. TD). Then the Anderson sack of Tannehill negated because of a holding penalty on Clairborn in addition to their own "key turnovers" (which constitute bad play). . mi....an "L" (yet again) coming off a big road win.....

#159 joe, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yeah, either Norman Bates or his mother. Then again, we could see Lon Chaney, Sr., The Man of a Thousand Faces.

Jets_Grinch likes this.