Week 2: Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

I'm just mad I believed it would be different

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Gonna mow the lawn in a bit. The thought of self-immolation after dousing myself with gasoline instead of filling up the lawnmower, it's in the periphery. With my luck, the shitty waterlogged match book I have in my back pocket will fail me (I'm a hiker). Don't you hate when the match heads crumble in a crisis? God, I really hate that.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That's what the SOJ's do.. They suck you in, make you believe, then rip your heart out.

PabloJa, CBG, KurtTheJetsFan and 2 others like this.
  4. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

same here

5. Cman68

Well, there's a well seasoned Delmonico Steak waiting for my grill. Throw in a shot of Jefferson's Bourbon and I'm I might watch the Giants game tonite. Not sure really.

6. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

sad to say it but the browns will get their first win in two years this week against us 23 - 19

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I really want to agree, but Hue Jackson is such a MONUMENTALLY bad coach that I just can't. They had one tie, almost had another one, how about another on Thursday?

8. Cman68

Sooooo, we'll have two inept coaches going head to head.. #can'twait

CBG likes this.
  9. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

Battle of the buffoons

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

All 1-1s aren’t created equal. In hindsight, if we had to lose one of our first 2 games, it would have been better for us to have lost to the Lions than to an in conference and division opponent.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Bowles is terrible but Hue Jackson is worse.

12. Cman68

Like I said... dumb vs. dumber..

Ray Lucas likes this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Perspective my man. You obviously know where the good things in life are. Its not on TV when the Jets are playing.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Guys this was not a bad game by Sam he has no receivers helping him except Quincy other receivers not seem to be getting any separation ......got to figure out a way to get Robbie Anderson more involved .....Offense line....Edge pass rusher and wide receiver must be addressed in free agency

15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Agreed. Darnold didn't match his play from last week, but when you have a rookie QB, there are going to be ups and downs. It's going to be that way all season. Some great moments and some less than great ones. The rest of the team needs to rally around him and elevate their play, like they did Monday night in Detroit, if the Jets are going to have any chance of winning games this year.

That, and they need new coaches. I don't know why there was so much hype going into this season from so many places (especially analysts in the media, who should know better). It's not like Todd Bowles figured out how to coach in the offseason. He's been terrible for three years and nothing about that changed today. At least with Chan Gailey we had an OC who knew how to putt Fitz in a position to be successful. Bates is terrible. Between his playcalling and Bowles' continued mismanagement of the game (clock management at the end of the 1st half was atrocious), Darnold and the rest of the team have an uphill climb in front of them.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THIS

18. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to blame this more on boneheaded plays by the players than the coaches.

Herndon had 2 horrible plays, Pryor didn't fight that int at all, Darnold had the two interceptions.

All this looked to me was one mediocre team beating another. I think the Lions game tricked people into thinking this team is better than it is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

19. SwellMattSnell41

SwellMattSnell41 New Member

Well, the good news?

- The energy at the stadium today was fantastic. I know the result was disappointing, but the atmosphere was top-notch. Well done.
    - Quincy Enunwa continued his comeback tour. The dude's legit. #81 made a number of big plays, and there could have been a few more.
    - Darnold played like a rookie at times today, but he didn't sh-t himself. There's going to be some struggles, folks, but I think we got the right guy.
    - The defense is versatile and is always looking to take the ball away. The next few years watching this unit should be fun.

Other thoughts:

- Reading so many of you predict a multiple score win over Miami today was laughable. How many teenage fans do we have? Division games are always tough and are typically close. Additionally, the Gase and Tannehill combination remains ridiculously underrated. The Dolphins are a well coached team with a stronger armed Alex Smith at the helm. I was hoping "we" would win the TO battle and hold on by 3-7 points. Too many mistakes, though.

- I hated that decision to throw the ball following the Tannehill fumble. Run the ball! Instead, our rookie QB returned the favor, throwing his 2nd pick. Huge wasted opportunity that I think was the key play in the game.

- How the f-ck is Frank Gore 35 years old? That dude still moves like he's 28.

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! Good analysis.

SwellMattSnell41 likes this.