Week 2: Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

From the never say never dept:

2015: Jets beat Washington at home, lose next 2 to NE and OAK. Jets beat Jax, lose to Buffalo at home and Houston on the road.
    2016: Jets beat Buffalo in blow out win, lose to KC next week and Sea at home week after. Jets beat BAL at home, struggle to beat CLE on the road and lose to MIA following week.
    Jets beat 49's on road in OT, get crushed by MIA following week and obliterated by NE the next week. There are a few more but I think you get my drift..
    2017: Jets beat KC, get shut out by DEN the following week.

Point being, the Jets are just as prone to lose focus as any other team and it doesn't matter how big a Bowles fan a person might be. For whatever reason, this team has been known to either struggle or lose game that they should win especially with PO implications on the line. This upcoming game against MIA, a longtime foe and divisional opponent is precisely the kind of game the Jets have lost in their no too distant past under Todd Bowles. I'm not saying Bowles can't break that pattern, but it would go along way towards building faith in this team from those who have followed it for a long time not to mention Ownership. He really doesn't have the "No QB" excuse anymore and he also has an OC and QBC that have seemed to jell nicely with the new FQB.

If these truly aren't the NYJ's that we've all come to know, Prove it on Sunday. Win on a short week, perhaps in the rain with Flo, or any of the other excuses we've heard over the years. The time is now to show JetNation just how much the culture really has changed and talk is cheap. No let ups, no excuses.. Beat Miami and move on to the next game.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Cman68

Your stay here will be very short Matt. If you can't get along, move on..

3. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

How did I not get along? A member is trying to be pushy and arrogant, and I have no problem going tit for tat.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Whoa, take it easy sport

dawinner127 likes this.
  5. Matthew_McBride

2015: Jets beat Washington (crappy team) and then lose to two good teams in NE and OAK (not a great point Cman) --mind you we were competitive against the Patriots. Jets then beat Jax (crappy team) and lose to Buffalo and Houston (both close games, both competitive).

2016: Jets beat crappy buffalo, lose to good KC and good Sea, Jets beat the Ravens and then follow up with a WIN (I mean how bad are you trying to skew this to make your point, lol a win is a win man) then the Jets beat 49ers crappy team, and we lose, because we were a BAD team not because we were unprepared.

2017: We beat KC (great win) and come out flat in Denver--yeah this is true, but are you trying to make a point that the 2017 team didn't fight every day and every down? Bad point to make, just not correct.

What you've done is listed random wins, not our biggest wins and then followed up with losses (yeah man that's how a season goes)

Bowles has his team prepared and they hardly EVER come out flat, and if you actually take our biggest wins, we always win the next game. So regardless of how hard you try, you're wrong. No hard feelings, you just are not correct.

Noam likes this.
  6. Cman68

Getting shut out by Miami sure sounds flat to me...Getting obliterated by NE sound pretty dang flat too. Sorry, but Todd Bowles is NOT Vince Lombardi nor is he Bill Parcells. He's Todd Bowles and his teams sometimes come out flat. We will see this Sunday which Jets team shows up and whether or not MNF was a fluke. If a win is a win, then a loss is a loss. Stop making excuses for Bowles.

PabloJa, NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. Matthew_McBride

I literally couldn't be taking it more easy after last night's dominance. If he wants to say patronizing dumb crap like "understand son," then I'm going to say something.

8. Matthew_McBride

You could be 100% correct, I don't agree but we'll see. And if we come out flat against Miami and lay an egg, I'll be the first to call out Bowles, but until then I'm not going to join the "group thought" going on that Bowles isn't a good HC. Obviously he's not Parcells or Vince Lombardi--but he doesn't need to be, and every team comes out flat every now and again, I have never identified this as a problem with Bowles.

legler82 likes this.
  9. Cman68

We will see on Sunday which Jets team shows up..And how good a preparation job the CS has done during a short week. Every team and every CS in the league gets short weeks so lets just eliminate that as an excuse before we even get started.

Ralebird and rohirrim665 like this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not like when you made the condescending “nice try bud” ?
    Kinda the same thing don’t you think,guy?

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I was just giving you some fatherly advice.

Life ain't fair...and neither are forum mods.

...and that's Pops to you, kid.

Matthew_McBride and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Remember week 2 in 2009 when the Pats came to town and the Jets frustrated Brady all game? I hope the D plays with that level of intensity against a lesser QB.

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Biggest win does not equal win by biggest point total. 2015 after beating the Pats in OT, easily the biggest win of the season, Fitz and the Jets have one of their worst games with a loss to the Bills and miss the playoffs. 2017 after the big win over KC, they get embarrassed by a Denver team that would only win 5 games like the Jets.

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Really? Remember when jets started out 4-1 and then went 1-4 in Bowles first season?

They rebounded but never made the playoffs, @Cman60 is right, just start winning some football games.

The opening day shellacking of Detroit did one thing for this team. It put a target on the Jets and Darnold.

Teams always get up for divisional games but now the jets have a potential FQB developing and everyone is going to be gunning for them.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Of course were going to win. Miami's an expansion team.

16. Red Menace

[​IMG]

17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

So which one is it Matt. Is he wrong or right? Kidding aside, you are giving the answer in your second post. Key word, "I don't agree but we'll see". You couldn't be more right about that one. Cman is over 60 years old and deserves the respect. By calling him bud you are kind of asking for a fight yourself.

playtowinthegame and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Youth is wasted on the young..

If I was McBride I wouldn't waste my time talking smack on TGG

I would concentrating on more important things ..like video game championships

playtowinthegame likes this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So you’re telling me my back-to-back-to-back madden 19 super bowl victories don’t mean anything? :mad::mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Red Menace

Promise us you won’t hurt anyone when you finally lose.

dawinner127 and FJF like this.