Jistin Miller

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Nov 29, 2006.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

From todays Daily News

Whispers: Quietly, Justin Miller has disappeared from the radar at cornerback. He's too inconsistent for this staff.

2. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

It's a real shame you didn't get the title right. It leads threads like these off on different tracks.

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Gee, is that why he hasn't seen any meaningful time at CB 1 or CB 2 and guys like Coleman have been playing in his place? So can we now say that the Jets spent a high value, 2nd round pick, on a KICK RETURNER? Kicker and kick returner in the same round, whoopie!

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Go Herm & Bradway.

5. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

To be fair, the Miller pick was a no-brainer. On top of his returning abilities Miller was one of the more psychically gifted corners and had shut-down potential due to his athleticism.

Unfortunately, he's apparently dumb as rocks, and finds himself out of position and unable to make the plays he needs to. He also needs to wrap up ball carriers and not just go for the big hit all the time.

I'm not giving up on the guy yet though.

6. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

no way you give up on this guy -- he is physically gifted and i hope mangini can turn him around

also why isn't he returning punts -- can he still not field a punt???

7. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

As explosive as Miller can be, I'd rather have the piece of mind that Tim Dwight will at least hold on to the ball. The risk/reward just isn't there on punts.

8. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

You've got to believe there's some issue or Dwight would not still be back there. The guy is horrible, last week he catches and tries to return one from the 5 yard line when the ball would've easily bounced into the endzone. And he may be "fast" but he doesn't look "quick" to me at all.

With teams kicking the ball away from Miller the last few weeks I hope they give him a shot at punts to try to get the ball in his hands.

9. baamf

baamf Active Member

I don't know, he was awfully scary last year. This team can't afford those kind of mistakes....

10. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Champ, there's a "Jets Newswire" section on here for a reason.

11. baamf

baamf Active Member

This forum is for "Talking about our beloved Jets". Isn't that what we are doing??? That newswire section is silly....

12. 3rdAnd15Draw

I agree, if an article or a news item sparks a discussion about a certain player or the team why should it be in the "newswire" section?

13. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

If you guys stop bickering about what forum is the right forum to post in, and instead discuss the issue of Jistin Miller, this could stay here :)

14. Beamen

Beamen New Member

It was sarcasm. Miller is the best returner in football. There is nothing more valuable than good startign field position. If the oposing tam kicks to Miller, he'll get it past the 50 once per game, and if not, we'll start at least on the 30 every time. It was a great pick...

15. 3rdAnd15Draw

"Great returners" don't seem to have a very long shelf life in the NFL. Teams start gameplanning against and doing all manner of silly kickoffs to mess with the return team. While Miller certainly has excellent physical attributes that make him a good returner I think you have to give some credit to Westhoff as well.

16. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

I think that they should at least give miller a try at PR. early last year he also had a problem with KR and he worked that out. To bad that he isnt a good CB yet. Hopfully Mangini can fix that in the off season.

17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Yeah but the problem is that how badly does this team want to waste a roster spot on someone who can ONLY handle KO return duties? You would hope to have something of value out of the guy as it relates to playing CB- thus far, he hasn't shown skills/consistent play which merits his seeing anything more than spot duty at NB/DB.
    Hopefully that will change, but at CB he looks like a bust for the '06 season.

18. baamf

baamf Active Member

I'm not sure why but your post reminded me of Leon Johnson. Had that one great year before the injury. Loved him because he was bigger than a lot of return guys and gave some punishing hits. Don't believe he is in the league anymore...

19. greenteam

greenteam New Member

too bad we got good safties cause i think he"d be a good one..

20. baamf

baamf Active Member

I don't know, he has the size/speed but a safety without discipline is a big play waiting to happen....