Anyone Besides Darnold/Rosen at 3...We Failed

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Rosen will definitely be available unless the Giants trade down. Giants are only drafting QB if Darnold falls, so whoever the Browns draft is irrelevant. The Browns are definitely not drafting Rosen because he already stated he doesn't want to play for the Browns.

The path is clear and it seems the Giants will take Chubb/Barkley rather than trade down, but who knows. I think it's a given that Rosen will be the guy at this point and I'm excited about that.

Walt White, NYJetsO12 and LF911SC like this.
  2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Considering the sources who reported that Rosen and Darnold won't play for the Browns are the same who reported the same thing about them playing for the Jets. I guess Mac wasted all those picks for nothing.....

3. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Probably a little bit biased here, since I'm on the "anyone but Allen" train, but I do think his best shot would probably be to sit behind a guy like Eli for a year and soak up as much fundamentally as he can. He's the type that would flourish under good offensive mentors and allow the brain to catch up with what his body can do. Location wise, Cleveland fits the bill....he's a classic mid-west boy who is a blue collar guy and the culture fit in Cleveland would be ideal, as well as his ability to combat the weather. I think these factors could give us hope that he could go in the top 2. But I'm not going to assume the best.....right now I have us on the board with Darnold and Rosen already gone.

4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Can only hope it plays out like this, I think it will. I don't see the Giants trading out even if they don't want a QB, think they need to replace JPP. We may finally get lucky and have the draft fall out way for a FQB.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Don't we want a guy who plays better as the game goes on, who plays better in the second half?
    I don't see that as a bad thing at all.

Counting both halves, his completion percentage was just shy of 70%, his avg completion was over 12yds, threw 2 TD's with no turnovers, and rushed for another 20yds while taking no sacks.
    He showed arm strength, he showed touch, he kept eyes downfield, displayed footwork, and showed ability to extend plays.
    And this is against top competition.
    How is that not an amazing performance? It pretty much goes against every narrative this board has been tagging on him.

I agree that Lauletta and White played very well, but Allen was the best QB on the field that day.

6. BacktoQueens

I'm not sure that Chubb is a perfect fit at OLB in the 3-4, which is what the Giants will now be running.
    I don't think they'll draft him, although I'd love it if they did.

Drafting Barkley or trading out is more realistic if Darnold off the board.
    I'm worried about them trading out, and I'm worried about them drafting Allen.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  7. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Then the pick is Mayfield.

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Allen would learn more under McCowan who is willing to teach the young guys how to be a pro and pro concepts on the field, rather than Eli.

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah chubb won't fit well in a 3-4 so i can't see the giants taking him either. i could see barkely or fitzpatrick. they aren't high on apple and cut DRC. they need secondary help badly to go with collins and jenkins. fitzpatrick could start at CB outside and free safety pairing well with collins. Their run game has been ass for a few years now too. they signed stewart out of desperation, but he isn't the answer. barkly could pair nice with ODB. i wouldn't count out nelson either

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Ya if they get Allen they are truly the luckiest franchise ever

11. BacktoQueens

I think sitting behind McCown or Eli would be a great situation either way for Allen.
    Let's hope the Giants don't draft him!

Pepsiguy5 and Rockinz like this.
  12. forevercursed

Brooks is a moron. Mayfield won't make it out of the top 6

LF911SC likes this.
  13. forevercursed

Watching Allenberg gag it up for the Giants with a worse than Sanchez completion percentage would be wonderful.

14. GasedAndConfused

you are insane. he easily can.

1) darnold
    2) barkley
    3) Rosen
    4) fitzpatrick
    5) Nelson
    6) Chubb

Plus it's very likely allen will go before him as well. next team who would take a QB would be possibly 11 or 12 (fins and bills) I could see the fins passing on a QB meaning the bills can take allen at 12. that would leave the cards at 15 with mayfield. jackson will go to NO or Pitt later in the round.

Mayfield is way overrated here on the forums. at this point, i'd honestly be shocked if he went top 6 let alone top 10. I see him at best going 12 to the bills. baker will not be a jet, and you all will be happy about that in the long run

15. forevercursed

Mayfield is not overrated. He has an incredible arm, quick release, high football IQ, great passion, confident with leadership qualities

Dont by any of the pre draft hype and misdirection. Eli doesnt have much time left and the Giants need a qb. 1-2-3 is Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield.

Allen is a clear 4 of 4. An inaccurate project. Inaccuracy will not improve at the NFL level. He doesnt have the timing and ball placement that other guys do. Mayfields is easily the best at that. Always throws frozen ropes and hits guys in stride.

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I wonder if Rosen's comments on the Browns changed with the Landry trade

17. BacktoQueens

Doesn't matter, as I doubt Dorsey's opinion on Rosen has changed..
    "Stay away"

18. GasedAndConfused

yes he is. on this forum you'd think he's the 2nd coming. he's not. he's not an NFL QB, he's a guy who has benefited from the college systems to put up good stats, but will never cut it in the NFL. No way mac drafts mayfield. might as well prepare yourself now

19. GasedAndConfused

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...johnson-role-jets-qb-search-article-1.3889514

In other words it's rosen or allen. so time to stop the baker love

20. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I don't know where the ppl in this thread are getting these ideas that some how Browns are going Allen and Giants Chubb and we'll have our pick of Darnold or Rosen. That's insane. Especially after Darnold's pro day ALL the talk is him going #1. No shot he falls.
    Now 2 is interesting but I can't see Giants drafting Chubb over Barkley or a QB.
    I've wanted Rosen from the start but I think there's a better than good chance both he and Darnold are gone by 3.

GasedAndConfused likes this.