Anyone Besides Darnold/Rosen at 3...We Failed

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

All the while completing 11 passes for 150 yards. What a flash of brilliance. At that rate, the kid is gonna need a Sanchez colored arm band.

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Dont see the Broncos moving up to the 2nd spot, think they'd take Mayfield or Allen at 5 and not have to move

PJ4Ever likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to be dismissive or obstinate, they were nice passes, but really nothing we all haven't seen thousands of times by other QBs. I'd even say they were passed he should be expected to make more often than not if he wants to play in the NFL.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Where does Chubb fit in the new 3-4?

Snacks is the NT but I think Chubb is a classic tweener for a 3-4. He's not quite big enough to play DE and he's just a tad slow to be a 3-4 Edge.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe he'll be a hybrid like what the Jets used to try to do. Flip 3-4/4-3 depending on the situation. Either way, they're gonna have to replace JPP and I think that's where Chubb comes in.

Br4d likes this.
  6. LF911SC

Its not even close. Most who want Allen see his positives, like body, arm, strength, durability and potential. Question the transition of an undersized trick offense QB into the NFL. The Mayfield contingent talks more Allen trash, are more into knocking the other guy that making it about their guy. Its like someone looking at 3 perfectly thrown TD passes by Allen and then saying they werent impressed. :)

7. LF911SC

Hes the perfect candidate to play LB. Can rush the CB and has shown he can drop into coverage. And can be used as an edge rusher. Dont think theyre going to run a strict 3-4 100% of the time

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The JPP trade maybe gives the Giants a better rip at trading down with the Broncos, Browns or Dolphins. There is definitely a strong chance that Chubb will still be there at 5 and almost a guarantee that Chubb or Nelson will be there. Then they have extra picks, both from the JPP and Denver (whoever) trades to go hunting either 3-4 or OL later in the draft.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

See, right there is the part you overlook. "When you pint the finger at someone, you have THREE pointing back at you".

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yep, also referred as the " shit lining"

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Funny you use Geno as he has the same exact stats from the same conference as Mayfield.

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Whoops, total misclick.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Many think the drop off after Chubb for a pure rusher is huge. OL may be a different story but again Nelson is loved.
    To be frank, as much as I think is critical for us to come out of it with a QB, if either Chubb or Nelson are picked, I'll look at it as another critical piece we desperately needed.

NCJetsfan and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

From what I've read from analysts and fans on twitter lately, Chubb could be a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE. That could easily be wrong, but they seem to think he can play either position. I doubt he could play 3-4 DE for the reasons you mentioned.

People think Chubb would be replacing JPP, but I really think JPP just doesn't fit with the 3-4 scheme, plus his contract was bad.

IDFjet likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't they, when edge rushers are so important, Chubb is a great prospect, and the Browns can still get a great RB prospect at the top of the 2nd? QB + Chubb + 2nd Rd. RB > QB + Barkley + ?

16. LF911SC

Ugh, no. You dont get to take an example of how Mayfield fans talk and dismiss 3 passes by Allen and try and turn it into I'm pointing at you. LOL, thats the way, spin to it.

17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

In the big picture QB and edge rusher are the toughest to get your hands on. Draft him you secure your flank(edge) for years(in theory).
    Just hope they don't trade out.

18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

sort of successful appearance? seriously did you watch? because it sure does not seem it.

You have to admit there is a giant disconnect between the scouting community reports on Allen, and the 'Hack' comparisons on this board..

19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Sorry but I'm not going to worry about what ignorant fans think on the first incompletion.
    If Mac bases his decision on that, we're in more trouble than I thought.

The comparisons to Hack are about as ridiculous as Mayfield to Manziel.
    Because Hack is 6'4" 225, he is the same as Allen at 6'5" 237? that's not even the same size, and it's a world of difference in athleticism.

Allen doesn't have fundamentally flawed mechanics are anything like Hack had.
    Throwing off back foot, knowing when to bail on the pocket, etc....are not terribly difficult to fix.

But concussions and attitude, now that would be a challenge to fix...

20. ColoradoContrails

Because if there's a team that's more starved for a good offense than the Jets, it's the Browns. Give them their pick of QBs and add Barkley to him you have an instant playoff caliber offense. And didn't they take a stud pass rusher last year/ What happened to him?

21. ColoradoContrails

Yeah, I do. That's how opinions work.

IDFjet likes this.