Anyone Besides Darnold/Rosen at 3...We Failed

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 21, 2018.

1. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The data shows low completion in college means failure in NFL.

It doesn’t speak to high completion in college meaning success in NFL.

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

This is a very failed way of looking at this.

The draft cant get here soon enough with all these ridiculous proclamations of what we have to do to make the trade work.

3. LF911SC

Asinine and based on facts?

Who have you worked for and which players are you responsible for drafting? LOL at the basement GMs who just know. Because. And its a fact. Hahahahahaha

4. LF911SC

This says you have no idea what either QB is so because they both have the highly undesirable trait of size, strength and a big arm youve decided theyre one in the same person?

Have you sent Macc a heads up to avoid big, powerful, QBs with off the chart measurables and to only look at pint sized QBs?

TonyFtLaud and joe like this.
  5. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I think we all know QB #3 is Allen. We don’t want to believe it, but if Darnold goes #1, and Rosen goes #2 , (or vice versa) The NYJ’s are taking the QB from Wyoming.

FJF, LAJet and JetBlue like this.
  6. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

When referring to the bold, do you mean the throw Allen made that missed the net completely or just his general lack of accuracy (which is off the charts from what is acceptable in an NFL prospect)?

8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

And that is basically worst case scenario since either Allen would still have been there at #6 or if taken, BPA plus 3 high #2's would be available.

JetBlue likes this.
  9. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

So I'm guessing you haven't watched any full game tapes of Allen?

10. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Not at all. Allen will most likely be gone at #2, with #3 being the lowest.

11. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I don't think Darnold was ever a realistic possibility. I think they traded up for either Rosen or Allen and aren't interested in Mayfield.

FJF likes this.
  12. SoylentGreen

On the contrary, I’ve watched most of his games / throws over the last 2 years (as well as all of the other top 4 qbs). Simply too many bad throws to ignore for me.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I've watched every one of his available game tapes (Best being New Mexico/Worst being Iowa). Watch the Utah St tape, and you will swear Geno Smith is wearing #17. In another thread in the draft forum, I highlighted his issues. If you read them in one sentence, it sounds like the warning on a pharmaceutical commercial.

If you have: Inconsistent feet, cannot regulate your velocity, lack touch, lack anticipation, love throwing off your back foot, don't feel backside pressure, wait too long for plays to develop & then rip a 100mph pass into triple coverage.....you just might be Josh Allen. There are more issues.

Watch this guy throw a screen, it just might be worse than Hackenberg. Better yet, watch him throw a WR screen, it's like watching Jonathon Moxon throw the ball at a mascot.

On top of that, he's got a poor completion % in a 1 read system, that's terrible. He's not running the spread, but honestly some of the spread QBs in this draft have more pre/post snap responsibilities than he does. Just cause he's lining up under center, it doesn't make him more ready for a "pro style" offense. He literally does nothing that a pro style offense does.

The kid has great potential, but it's far from being put together. Selecting a QB at #3 based upon his physical attributes, and a good sophomore season is too much risk.

Before it's mentioned:
    "His WRs were terrible" (They weren't that good, but others had it worse)- Out of all the QBs getting drafted this year, he was 20th in drop % at around 8%. For example, Mayfield/Jackson/Rosen all had worse drop %'s.

"His line was terrible" (It was pretty bad, but he shares company with others)- His completion % on pressured dropbacks was 52% (39% of the time he was pressured). Jackson - 34%/66% Completion, Rosen- 30% of the time/69% completion.

#53 rockyusmc2003, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  14. LF911SC

I almost hope the Jets draft Allan just to watch all the basement GMs heads explode trying to guess why he was drafted over the midget QB who grabs his own balls and immediately won their hearts. Not like hes going to amount to anything anyway, no harm and going with the big guy, or anyone of the top 3 QBs over him.

I'll bet you dont even have a clue what constitutes accuracy. You know, beyond your one goofy example of missing the net. Whatever that means. LOL, missed the net.

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  15. JetLife5

JetLife5 Member

How could the Jets outdo themselves by taking Hackenberg in the 2nd round? Trading up and taking Allen 3rd overall.

16. SoylentGreen

Let me guess, 56.3%?

My head won’t explode if we draft Allen, just like it didn’t explode when we drafted Hackenberg. I don’t take any of this so serious, just like talking football + root for the Jets no matter what.

17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

ouch

18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Every team he played knew what his arm was by the end of his first
    He lost 2 Recievers , a TE, Center and RB to the NFL after the 2016 season.
    Had a ton of drops, most were early in the season and he was without his best WR and TE for a portion of 2017 due to injury. His team was much worse last season. He looked good at the senior bowl and with a good pro day on Friday, his stock could rise.
    Every team he played knew what kind of arm he had in 16. Teams scout and game plan for their opponents.
    No one played him deep, his Recievers never got any separation.
    The biggest knock on him, IMO is trying to force things when no one is open. He needs to learn to throw away the ball when nothing is there.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Those mocks were full of crap imo. I don't think there's any way any one of the top 4 QBs would have fallen to #6, especially Rosen. I'll say it, I think I know better than the knuckleheads who made those mocks. I could be wrong of course, but would be stunned if Rosen falls to #6.

MJK and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If they aren't interested in Mayfield, then Mac and Bowles are a LOT dumber than I thought, and both can't get fired soon enough.

ColoradoContrails likes this.