Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I know you didn't watch film on him. I can tell by what you said.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not trying to prove anyone right or wrong. If we draft mayfield i'll be rooting for him and hope he proves me wrong. My issue is all the people wanting him at 3, were calling him a value pick in the 2nd or later rounds. i even did a too early mock drafting furgeson in the 5th round. I like his potential but he ain't no 1st round pick. players like mayfield who fly up boards in the last minute almost always fail. There is no right or wrong, it's just funny to see people change their tune in a hype wave and pretend they were calling this guy a top 5 pick all along when months ago they were calling him a 2nd rounder.

nothing wrong with people having their favorite QBs but i just don't see NFL QB in mayfield. I see career clipboard holder

3. GasedAndConfused

Ditto ;)

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Whatever

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

You're getting me giddy now lol. Go Tedy! Really would love to see him succeed and even beat out McCown

6. GasedAndConfused

I guess NFL analysts never watched film either. they finally posted up their bio

Weaknesses
    Falls short of size marks for traditional early-round quarterback. Short with drop-down release makes him more susceptible to batted passes. Benefited from spread scheme that created huge passing windows to throw to. Will see increased importance on post-snap reads. Needs to improve full-field scanning. Can be thrown off rhythm by delayed blitz packages and disguised coverages. Footwork is erratic. Creeps up in pocket towards pressure. Ball placement wanes when he tries to gun it. Deep balls hang on him. Can't afford any delay in deep release to beat safety over the top. Needs to eliminate his back foot throws. Desire to make plays will lead to unnecessary sacks. Has to prove he can reign in and control on-field edge and cockiness.
    Draft Projection
    Round 1
    NFL Comparison
    Doug Flutie
    Bottom Line
    Spread quarterbacks have had limited success as have small quarterbacks. Mayfield falls into both categories and has to prove he can transcend those perceived deficiencies on the next level. Having complete command of the Oklahoma offense isn't an automatic precursor for NFL success, but Mayfield's ability to process, extend plays and throw with accuracy give him a good shot. He'll be somewhat scheme-dependent so whoever takes him will need to be willing to build their offense around his strengths.

sounds pretty similar to me apparently without watching film lol yup lets get the next doug flutie with the 3rd overall pick

Ralebird likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

since the draft bios are up, at this point i'd rather have jackson at 3

Analysis
    Strengths
    Elite playmaker with rare ability to hit home runs with his arm or legs. Has experience under center. Arm is lively and can spin it. Delivery devoid of wasted motion. Ball comes out with flick of the wrist reminiscent of Michael Vick. Can drive it with velocity. Pocket poise and pre-snap plan has improved each year. Has improved ability to hold safeties and linebackers with his eyes. Feathery deep ball touch off play fakes. Requirement of full-time spy lightens coverage numbers. Willing to take sack over making haphazard throw. Maestro of improv who is Second City worthy. Scrambling forces cornerbacks to choose between receiver and potential run support. Destroys pursuit angles when he runs. Has open field instincts and elusiveness of elite running back. Understands when his speed can eliminate a tackler and moves attention to the next level of danger. Red-zone juggernaut. Tallied 10 rushing touchdowns of over 40 yards in three seasons.

NFL Comparison
    Michael Vick
    Bottom Line
    Evaluating Jackson against the NFL standards for the position will cause him to come up short. However, he has rare speed and athleticism and can single-handedly win games. Jackson's accuracy is clearly spotty and teams must decide the level of accuracy they are willing to live with relative to his ability to create explosive plays. Jackson may need to operate in an offense ready to integrate RPOs (run/pass options) along with heavy play-action. Like Deshaun Watson in 2017, Jackson has the ability to counter mental mistakes and turnovers with a high number of explosive, touchdown-making plays. He has star potential, but his success will rest heavily upon his ability to stay healthy.

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Nice try but clearly not film, and not a scout or scoring report. Nfl analysts are about as accurate as the weather man.

9. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I have watched him since his days at northwestern. Before Louisville. He is very slight with questionable arm strength. Has had 2 knee injuries, one almost cost him his leg.
    I get you like him, but he has not shown anything to date that would put him in the elite category. He is a great kid, great teammate , but elite means top of the FQBs. Rodgers,Brady. Let's see if Bridgewater can get to top 10 first. In the windy conditions, it's going to be hard enough to accomplish that.

10. GasedAndConfused

LMAO but your the expert scout? what team do you work for?

go ahead show me a scouting report that says otherwise

11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

This is why nobody likes you. Your wrong just admit it and be done. You want a real report, go listen to greg cosell. Im sure you know how to use google.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

When he was last on the field with the Vikings he was noticeably thicker than he was in college, but like you say when he was that slight it still wan't as much as you'd like to see. I know we hear a slew of these every year and most of the time it's puff pieces, but there are claims he's put on 20lbs since the injury. Just have to wait and see.

13. GasedAndConfused

awww the poor angry person doens't like me, whatever will I do? sorry bud but insult slinging on the internet is essentially the work of a very unhappy, or very disturbed individual. Sorry i don't share your views about taking a mediocre QB 3rd overall. tis life, if you cna't handle another point of view, i suggest turning off your computer and going to see a therapist. there is no right and wrong, it's a guessing game, the fact you think there is just shows how immature you are being.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly. The evaluators at NFL.com are some of the worst in the business. There's no way that Darnold is that much better a prospect with all his TOs, hitch in this throwing motion and only 1 1/2 seasons of starting experience. Then there's the history of USC QBs in the NFL. I think he's the 2nd more likely QB to be a bust of the top 4 QBs.

zace likes this.
  15. Walt White

Disagree. You're issue is people changing their view as time goes on? That sounds petty to me. Like you resent it.

Draft boards change drastically over time. Especially from one year to the next. But even over a few weeks leading up to draft day. That's a common occurrence. These are basically kids and things can change rapidly. A guy goes up the board for a reason. That has nothing to do with whether he succeeds or not. A guys place on the board is not a guarantee, wherever he sits or how he got there.

Nobody in the NFL in their right mind would be worrying right now about what the rankings were in 2016 or if one of their scouts had Mayfield down the board a little and he changed his view. Not one person.

16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Regardless. I just hope the kid is successful. He deserves it.

17. Walt White

Some people are delusional however. And are trying to bs peole. What are you gonna do?

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Whatever, im sure my life judgement skills are much better than yours.

19. GasedAndConfused

No i don't have any issue with people doing that, What i have an issue with is QBs who fly up boards late in the game almost always fail in the NFL, and obviously i don't want a failure at QB for the jets.

As far as posters go, it's one thing for people to say that changed their opinion on him, that's fine. Just don't pretend they were calling him a top 5 pick months ago when they were calling him a 2nd round pick.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can understand your lack of optimism, especially as it concerns the Jets. That said, if Teddy is healthy, don't you think he can beat out McCown? If so, and he plays really well, why would the Jets be in such a hurry to get rid of him? Yes, they drafted a rookie that they planned to sit for a year, but he has zero NFL experience in the regular season. Teddy has two years starting experience at this point, and may well have three by the time this season is over. If he shows no lingering effects from the injury, and plays as he was starting to look at the end of 2015 and in the 2016 preseason, then Mac would be stupid to let him go. He'd sign him, watch the rookie in TC and preseason next year and either make a decision at that time, or wait until the following TC, let them compete for the starting job and then trade the loser.