Jets acquire #3 overall pick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Mar 17, 2018.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Leaf is also comparing their attitudes. That story had not a thing to do with how Mayfield plays the game.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the one thread you started in 2014 for sucking for marriota who BTW isn't that good. he's far from a bust, but he's a decent QB at best
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/suck-for-the-duck.82526/ not to mention it was a joke since there was a ton of other threads praising him. outside of that, the only other thread you made was about mcknight getting killed.

the 1st time you even mention mayfield was nov 28th and it was just a list of college QBs over 20 long. not poitning to him being a great pick at all. so exactly how i said, where was all the mayfield hype. you didn't think i'd check and call your BS out?

3. GasedAndConfused

4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

What-if my aunt had balls? She'd be my my uncle!

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Hey, you can link any opinion you want. My question was about the site. I know there are Baker haters out there. I've got no problem with it. I've been making the case for him going back to November, which is right around the time where I started to feel down on the top names being thrown around: Darnold and Rosen and decided it would be worthwhile to check out the other prospects in the draft.

Also, in terms of players being "talked about", several of us were lambasted for being so supportive of Patrick Mahomes, who was a "guaranteed third rounder, at best!". Oops.

Finally, in terms of Mac, no one has ever had insight into what he's actually thinking since he's been here. None of us know, period. Our best bet is to speculate on what we would do, because we don't have a clue what he will do.

6. Walt White

That's a far cry from you saying that he's some recent fad in the last month and people are delusional.

I was looking at him during the season. Not worrying about what that idiot Leaf said or what some fucktard says on what-if.com when I finally accepted we traded up for a QB. Now you suddenly know all about them
    I'm pretty sure now that you really don't what you're looking at. And you're trying look good.

7. GasedAndConfused

it's not a far cry, he's a 4 year starter and yet nobody mentioned him until a few months ago. it's typical bust QB nonesense

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He checks all the major boxes for me.
    -Accurate
    -Leadership on the field
    -Can make all the throws
    -Drive to succeed
    -Good work ethic
    -Good Football IQ

Can he bust? Sure, but so can any other QB in this draft. He certainly isn't Manziel 2.0 as I originally thought.

9. Walt White

Wow. WTF does that have to do whether he can play or not? Are we playing who saw who first? Holy shit

10. GasedAndConfused

he is a fad just like the long lists of busts. if the jets get him i'll hope to hell i'm wrong, but this guy isn't nearly as good as some of you are hyping him to be.

11. GasedAndConfused

you acted like you were talking about this guy for a long time, you weren't

nobody lamented maholmes, and he hans't played nearly enough to praise him either. mahomes is a much better prospect then mayfield is

12. Walt White

Bullshit. You said he was a guy that everyone was jumping on his bandwagon the last month and they were delusional. My remark was in passing and I even downplayed it myself. It's not about that and never was. Doesn't mean a thing what anyone says here anyway.

You're taking a superficial look at him, and this.

13. GasedAndConfused

FWIW NFL has their QB grades posted up
    [​IMG]

14. GasedAndConfused

FWIW NFL has their QB grades posted up
    ok last few months, if you have to take everything literal, that's your issue. you want me to specially say things down to the second? come on. bradford has been praised by everyone for well over a year. rosen as well. mayfield

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I dont know why Darnold is rated so high, but he isnt a sure thing. His mechanics need a lot of work and his delivery is funky. Im not saying hell be a bust, I just dont think hes that good

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

To the first part, yes. 38 year old 1st season with the team McCown was asked to with a receiver corp of a guy believed to be a one trick pony, a dude that still had west coast jet lag, and a TE working on sobriety. So yeah sure. I think with the corp being a little more established they'll push it even further than they already did last year.

The second part is just you trolling. I'll take the high road.

17. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Not even a little concerned what so ever about this.

If he is healthy he will easily win the job if it's an "actual" competition.

18. GasedAndConfused

he's the best prospect to enter the draft since luck and that hasn't changed over the past year. if we are lucky enough to get him i'd be ecstatic.

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I dont know who said that, but i dont think that theres a consensus at all. In fact, i hear Rosen being listed as the better prospect. The only reason Cleveland isnt fawning on him is because Rosen said he will not play there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

darnold had a down year in 2017, rosen is seen as the most 'NFL ready" as in he can start in 2018 while the rest of them will likely have to sit. Rosen also had a better year in 2017, but that still doens't make him the best prospect.