We are now on Plan L

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jay Bizniss, Mar 13, 2018.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

They aren't winning this year, why waste $ for a guy that should be the #3 QB by mid-year? He sucks, I get it but it's not about who will be #3 for 1 year, it's about keeping the seat warm for the #6 pick.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mac lowballs players so it does seem fitting he would take the bootleg version of a player!

As the wu-tang said, Mac needs to diversify his bonds!

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I can't watch another year of Mcclown. I just can't.

It's not so much about him specifically. I don't dislike him. It's just waving that its the white flag. We know we aren't gonna win but Mcclown will keep things close and we won't look so bad when we lose. I hate that.

boozer32 and 94Abraham like this.
  4. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

At this point disappointed. I'm willing to wait and see though. Mac said he'd be busy day one of free agency. I guess we'll see tomorrow for sure. What we've learned.

A. Cousins wants to win a Super Bowl and not wait two or three years with the Jets. Am I upset we didn't get him for sure. Lets sign McCown and Bridgewater and draft a guy. Let the three battle and best man wins.
    B. Richburg. Would've been a nice addition but with the draft and some other free agent centers I'm ok with it.
    C. A-Rob and Watkins: Robinson would've been a nice addition but beyond two years after an ACL I'd be skeptical. Watkins has flashed but too inconsistent so not that upset.

Lets let the next few days play out before we burn our season tickets but I understand why we are at this point. One day it'll break for the Jets. At least I want to believe that.

5. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Definitely not happy about free agency so far, but I am glad we did not make Kirk Cousins the highest paid player in the league. He is not worth it, get Bridgewater, McCown, and draft a guy. Trade up if you really have to get the guy you want.

ColoradoContrails and zace like this.
  6. theron

theron New Member

I personally still believe in Teddy Bridgewater as a Franchise QB so i wouldn´t mind if we sign him for a 2 Years Contract.That allows us to go BPA in the first Round and taking a QB in the later Rounds ( Luke Falk for Example).

At best Teddy shows he still got it and we have the QB Position solved for a couple of Years and can trade a developed Falk away.
    Or Teddy is a bit better then medicore but allows us to developed Falk into a Franchise QB.

7. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Paul Richardson..... Gone

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Falk doesn't have it to me. I was slightly hyped but after watching some late season and combine tape on him, ill pass.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

No not really. You have to average 89 percent over 4 years. Which means total over those 4 years you can only have about 70 million unused cap money. 50 million in one year us essentially what Idzik did to us in 2013 forcing us to have to spend all our cap money in 2013. It's very hard to find value in Fas even worse if you are forced to spend it all in one yeat.

#69 Noam, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

And Mac has been saying all along that they were going to be very aggressive in FA. By Thursday all the good FA's will be signed and gone. Maybe Mac will be too.

11. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

It's 100% Mac's stupidity to spend 3 years making the Jets devoid of talent, complete with a horrid OL, no WR's with an IQ higher than a vegetable, and an incompetent HC, then suddenly think the best FA QB will sign with them. Mac is right in competition with Robbie Anderson and Geno Smith for being dumber than a box of rocks.

Their ONLY option now is what many already said was their only option - resign Josh McCown and draft a QB at 6. And he'd better hope another team doesn't leap frog us to get Rosen and Mayfield? If that happens? Mac and Blowes get their walking papers at season end.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Plan H = Preparation H

13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I don't think you can. The league mandates that teams have to spend a certain amount each year.

14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

No one wants to come here.

Even with $100 million in cap space MacCagnan can't get top free agents to come here.

The media tells us we're in great shape with the football guy running the show.

dogg likes this.
  15. twown

twown Well-Known Member

The next year Kruk had a testicle removed. True story.

You listening, Mac?

PennyRoyal10 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The league mandates you spend a certain amount over a 4 year period

17. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Not worried until I see Bridgewater, Jensen, Trumaine and Malcom gone and then its time. Until, then, other then Cousins who i never thought would sign with us, who did we lose? Jet fans on Wfan make me laugh as does some of you. Funny stuff you need to fire Mac tomorrow. Sometimes I wonder...

CBG likes this.
  19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

FA QB's to Jets: I ain't showing you shit.

20. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

The Johnson brothers have not once given a mandate to Mikey Mac to make the playoffs. What incentive does Mac have in the off season to improve, if all he has to do is do better than the year prior? 6-10 or 7-9 this season and you can best believe he will be back.

When are we going to hold ownership accountable? I hate Mike and the front office as much as anyone, but if they aren't going to be held to any type of standard, how can we really blame them?

boozer32 likes this.