Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Yep. Can't wait to see him lose to the better franchise. I'll be watching from my living room, beer in hand. :)

The Dark Knight and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

3. NYJalltheway

NCJetsfan, zace and Brook! like this.
  4. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is how we don't even get to meet with him? I was hoping once he tasted the cupcakes.....

I guess all his talk about taking it slow and meeting with everybody didn't mean much.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I wonder if we'll ever find out what the Jets legitimately planned on offering.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They are going to sign Cousins and could miss the playoffs entirely. Look at who they play on the ROAD - Rams, Philly, Seattle, Patriots, Jets, Packers, Lions.

If I am Mac I called Cousins agents and tell him 120 guaranteed just to troll the hell out of them

NYJalltheway likes this.
  7. NJJets20

NJJets20 Active Member

I will say that a 3 year contract for Cousins was not appealing to me. Especially considering where the jets are in the team-building process. It would have been extremely frustrating to sign him, then for the team to finally be reaching contender levels, when he leaves. The truth is that I am not confident enough in the jet's supporting cast to think that we would've been Super Bowl ready with Kirk within three years.

I'm trying to look at the glass half-full here. The only way Mac redeems himself is to trade to the #2 or #3 spot and get our franchise QB of the future. I personally want that to be Baker Mayfield. Unfortunately, I am not feeling very confident in the front office right now.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You obviously haven't seen him play and know little about him.

xxedge72x and NJJets20 like this.
  9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Now this idiot franchise will go into panic mode, and drastically over pay, for some scab, oh boy another journey man back up, can't wait

10. NCJetsfan

Like Gomer Pyle used to say, "Surprise, Surprise, SURPRISE!"

11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Good perspective from Cimini

“Missing out on Kirk Cousins isn't a disaster for the Jets. Actually, they'll be better off in the long run. Sure, he would've been an immediate upgrade, but he's not worth $28 million a year, fully guaranteed (reported deal with Minnesota) — at least not to the Jets. They've got a long way to go and Cousins would've been just another piece in the puzzle, not the final piece. He has posted some marvelous stats over the last three years, but he has no playoff wins and he's 4-19 against teams with winning records. So, yes, the Jets will survive without him.”

12. NYJalltheway

The NFC is so loaded, and injuries crushed that conference so bad last year, it was a stars aligning year for them to even make it that far. With that brutal schedule, and the playing field being even again, I totally agree.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Is it really a shock that guy making crazy $ the past few seasons on a shitty team chose a team that was just in the Conference Championship over one that was in last place?

14. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

As someone who now lives in the DMV area and unfortunately used to get mostly Deadskin games, I'm not the slightest bit disappointed. Kirk Cousins puts up solid numbers but I've seen him fold in plenty of games down the stretch. People also underestimate how much Jamison Crowder has bailed him out. Simply put, Kirk is NOT worth a fully guaranteed deal for that much money IMHO. Secure the bag Kirk. Best of luck in Minnesota. Glad it isn't my team.

15. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I feel a bit better. I think.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

Supposedly, Bridgewater is healthy. Many NFL cognoscenti said that he was just starting to play very well when he got injured. He is a leader and has great character. He would totally fit in the Jets new culture. He would be an excellent bridge to the rookie or would push the rookie to win the competition. Rosen could probably start day one. Mayfield possibly could, but more likely would need to sit for half the season. If the Jets wound up with Allen or Jackson, each would probably need to sit for at least a year. Bridgewater would also be great insurance in case the rookie winds up taking longer to develop or is a bust. If the rookie is as good as advertised, then the Jets could keep both, and have security, or trade Bridgewater for probably a 3rd pick or higher, or if he opted to walk as a FA, the Jets could get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him.

I do agree that it might be harder for Bowles to start the rookie over Bridgewater than McCown, but the opposite could also be true. Bowles knows and likes McCown, and McCown knows the CS, players and system. Bowles doesn't know Teddy and Teddy hasn't played in 2 years, so probably has a fair amount of rust.

18. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

now its Sam Darnold or trash basicly

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's not about casual fandom, it's about building a team. a good GM won't buy into the tebow/manziel/mayfield hype

20. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JetBlue likes this.