Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm hoping that they accidentally pick a good QB either at 6 or in a later round, as teams like Dallas and Seattle and New England did.

Trading up in the first round for a binky is dumb.

It rarely ever works and the teams that do it are mainly bad, desperate teams like the stupid ass Jets.

FJF and rockyusmc2003 like this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

IMO thats a bit risky, perhaps more risky than trading up 3-4 slots or so....

this is why these GM's get the big salaries......the cat and mouse game with teams around you, alternative scenarios and setting smokescreens.

2 schools of style here....fuck the other teams and just go get the guy you want. move up 2, 3 or 5 spots without looking back.
    OR stay put and let the board evolve and let the leftovers fall into your lap.

obviously the second approach is cheaper, conservative, and many would say the smart thing to do. However, the jets are SO qb starved historically and IMO there is also a psychology play here - the GM needs to show the fans as well as other players some aggressiveness and balls.

if he stays put and the QB's at 6 are allen and jackson (the perceived lesser pair of the group). what to do?? he is gonna get ripped multiple new assholes for not moving up.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Do you want ANY QB or the BEST QB?..IMO the best are Mayfield Rosen and Darnold

So here how it might play out :

Browns >>Barkley
    Giants>>>forget Eli they are taking one of the 3
    Indy>>>Will trade with Den or Jets for 5 or 6 and accumumulate picks they need...I assume Luck is healthy lol
    Browns>>>Grab one of 3
    Denver>>>Take the final QB of the 3 or might even trade up if Elway wants to secure his guy

Jets>>>Forced to take Allen, Lamar Jackson,or Mason Rudolf!!!!!??

Is that what you want?? Maybe if you are sold on Allen But NOT for me

As I have posted before trading to 3 makes ALOT of sense and will not be costly but a smart way to SECURE the best QB and not leave it to chance as you mentioned by staying at 6

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

012, why waste your typing skills? There's way too many hard headed posters on this site. There impervious to common sense getting through. You're 100% right, but they'll never Tell you that.

For me, the two very best, most pro ready QB's are Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield. Probably in that order also. I want Mac to take one of these guys and leave Neil O'Donnell to the Broncos.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. NYJetsO12

Yes...TY for that ..Neil O'Donnell?? hahahah a..I am not sure half the Board recognizes that name smh

It's the Kids vs The Adults with some years of experience

Millenials and Gen X ers vs the Baby Boomers lol

7. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

The only problem with trading up to pick #3 with the Colts is that the cost is likely to be absolutely appalling.

Other than that sticky little detail I'd have no problem with it if the Jets were able to do that and secure one of the rookie QBs they thought was best suited for them.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I can see a scenario of 1 QB going in top 5 or 4 QBs going in top 5. I’m sure Mac will have an idea closer to and on draft day if he’ll need to go up to 3 or 4. The first two picks will certainly help clear that up.

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

so the Broncos are taking a QB at 3 and 5?
    Giants arent taking a QB and neither are the Colts and those proposed trades are unlikely. And even if your scenario played out, I wouldnt trade up for any of those QBs

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You have been doing a good job keeping things civil. Nothing that would require action just seems some posters don’t respect others opinions which is the point of this site. I like to thank people who are on opposite sides but are respectful.

Cidusii, Brook! and nicg4360 like this.
  11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am prepared for cousins to go somewhere else. If the jets make a great offer and he turns it down the media amd some posters will kill them... Mehta... and that’s wrong. You can’t blame anyone if he goes to Vikes. Any other team then he can fucx himself. Time to move on once he does. We are jet fans. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We need Cousins but I don't want to over pay for him .....The numbers I'm hearing are Matt Flynn level stupid

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think it's panicking to move up. Some of the QBs will fit our present offense (Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold) much better than Allen or Jackson. I don't really like Jackson at all, and while I would probably take Allen if the Jets can't trade up and he falls to #6, he is much more likely to bust than any of Mayfield, Rosen or Allen. Mac and the Jets' scouts should have one or maybe 2 QBs rated better than the others, who they like best and would be the best fit. If that is the case, then they need to trade up to insure that they get the one or one of the two that they want. Settling for any old QB is the answer or the way to build the team. With Allen or Jackson, the Jets would likely have to make a lot of changes to our offense or they'd be trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

#2873 NCJetsfan, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  14. NCJetsfan

I agree regarding Cousins, but not about trading up.

There will probably be one or two QBs that the Jets like the best. If that is the case, then they need to trade up to insure that they get that QB or one of the two, and not have to settle for some second or third or fourth choice at QB. That QB doesn't have to be a "star" to make it worthwhile to trade up. If he's a solid, quality starter for the next 10-15 years and keeps us constantly competitive, that would be well worth the cost of moving up imo.

westiedog1 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Failure would not doom the next regime. It may mean that the next regime couldn't do anything to address the long-term situation at QB for a year, but would not doom them to failure. That's silly. Besides, if the Jets sign Bridgewater rather than McCown, they'd have insurance in case the QB they draft busts (whether they trade up or not) or if the QB they want gets taken before their pick.

16. NCJetsfan

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

A QB? You want to build the team with "a" QB, just any old QB? No thanks. The Jets need to identify which one fits their offense best, the one with the best chances of success long term and go get him, not be willing to settle for just "a" QB. Enough of that mediocre attitude!

18. NYJetsO12

No Jonny ..I said Denver will take a QB at 5 and they MIGHT trade up to 3 depending how Elway feels about getting his guy..unlike yourself many GMs see this class as a big opportunity to get a FQB..essentially seeing things the way I do and what MM should to do to avoid losing out on the best

If you believe all the smoke the Giants are blowing about Eli is still the guy then tthats your choice..the Giants are hardly ever picking at 2 and with Barkley gone they willDEFINETLY get the heir apparent to Manning

The Colts thankfully won't want a QB and will be open for a trade

When Cousins says NO then you change your tune...and my trades will look very viable lol

jonnyd likes this.
  19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

If the Browns #1 and Giants do not take a QB I would think all of a sudden that Colts pick value would explode through the roof to some of these QB-needy operations (Jets, Bills, Broncs etc)

I never understood how that works.... in a mere matter of minutes that they are on the clock in that fluid situation how do these trades get made? Maybe they just work out contingencies beforehand? If that happened and everybody's favorite QB was still available (probably different guys to different teams) I have to believe the Colts would get 8 phone calls simultaneously.

20. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Therin lies the issue. It's not just us or the jets that will have this mindset about grabbing the #3 spot. It will be very attractive for multiple clubs to grab the QB they covet if there at 3.
    Cleveland has been very active and aggressive this offseason do not rule out them pulling a bears move like with Trubisky and moving up from 4 to 3 or even 2 either if they fall in love with a QB they know will be gone if they wait. . They have lots of pics and moving 1 or 2 spots would be easy for them.
    Will be interesting come Wednesday to see who goes where so things become even more clear.

ColoradoContrails likes this.