Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

This doesn't make much sense to me. The highest executive on the Jets is Maccagnan, above him is ownership. If ownership doubts his ability to make the right choices, then why is he still the GM? In drafting players there is always risk, it can't be avoided. That's why you hire a football guy as GM, to make those decisions. If they are constantly second guessing themselves, then all we should look forward to in this draft is another BPA defensive player or possibly Nelson at G. Despite what we fans think of Macaggnan and Bowles, ownership has allowed Maccagnan a lot of leeway so far in reshaping the Jets. They need to let him see his plan through. Other teams have made mistakes with personnel and recovered (see the Eagles, Chip Kelly, Bradford, etc.) Ownership's attitude should be to allow Maccagnan to carry out his plan, and if it fails, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The first round is given to much coverage. The draft is won in the middle rounds. Btw I would rather have 2 late round 1’s then the second pick. If a team can’t get that one player it makes sense. Barkley is the only cant miss in my humble opinion

FJF likes this.
  3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I can see giants moving down to get 2 1’s from the Bills if Barkley is not there which he won’t be. Thanks for having a civil disagreement because lately people rip u on this site if u give your opinion. That’s all it is. I have no idea what’s gonna happen

Brook!, JetBlue and nicg4360 like this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I think the Giants are the most likely to move down, I just think down to 21 and 22 is too far. The Fins or Cards are the more realistic play, I believe.

Even if that happens, but the Colts stay put, that means QB at 2, 4 and 5, which means we are still in a position to get a QB. As long as it isn’t Allen I’m good. If it’s Allen, I trade back and aim for Lamar Jackson.

Brook! and sec314 like this.
  5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

That is definitely the worst case scenario...

If Mac let that happen he should be fired the next day. He’s not doing his job at that point.

It would take a MASSIVE DEAL for the Bills to move in the top 5... They would need to buck up 2 1st in 18’ + 2nd 18’ + 1st 19’

Let’s just hope Kirk goes to Denver or the Jets

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

No one wants to.

Other teams offers aren't even in the same ballpark as the Jets according to some reports.

MacCagnan is bidding against himself.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. WarriorRB28

CALL COUSINS BLUFF!!!

I don't buy that there is a line of crazed teams waiting to throw $30 plus million per year at him.

9. The Dark Knight

If that is the case, then the Jets can't wait on him. Offer him what you want, and then if he says "let me look around", pull the offer. Money can be spent elsewhere. I assume the Vikings have true interest. Not sure Denver or Arizona really do though.

10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I don't consider Arizona a serious contender to getting him. I feel as if they're on the down swing as a franchise. To be it's a 3 team race, with us being in the middle. Should be a very interesting next week.

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If he isn't going to leave the building with $50m in year one sitting in front of him.

12. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

If we don't land Cousins how do we not trade up? If we sit back hoping a QB falls to 6 that' is madness. There is a very good chance we end up with no QB in that scenario. If that happens we are McCown / Keenum/ Bridgewater or some other jag bound. It's Cousins or trade up period.

Brook!, Big Cat, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  13. The Dark Knight

Yeah, agreed. I bet the Cardinals and Broncos bid on McCarron instead. Even with Talib traded the Broncos only have $35 million in cap and plenty of needs. The Cardinals currently only have $19 million, so not sure how they are even in the discussion. The Vikings have $47 million, basically half of the Jets, but they really don't have any other major needs. So they really can bid for Cousins if they want to.
    Yeah, I could see the Jets doing something like that. Hopefully they won't have to offer that much, but it would not shock me.

14. NYJalltheway

It all depends what the FO thinks about the qb class as a whole. If they have 1 guy ahead of the others, they will try to trade up for him. If they value them all pretty similarly, they'll stay put.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd seriously consider moving up to 3. One of Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield will be there for the taking and I'd be ok with any of them. Wouldn't cost as much as it would moving up to the top 2 picks and I just don't see the Browns relinquishing the top pick unless we give them a few picks in future drafts.

16. NYJalltheway

It's been brought up before, but plus that the Jets tied the Broncos this season, has to hold some merit. They've really nose dived since the SB50 win. They do have more talent, but it's only by a little. That with the money, tells me it's a two horse race. Problem then for him becomes, being in the same division as the best qb in the league, or second best qb in the league. At least one of those 2 is in his 40s though which cannot be ignored. He could lead this team into division ruling sooner than people think, as opposed to dealing with Rodgers the next 5-7 years. Hopefully he realizes that..

Btw love the (new?) Avatar.

17. WarriorRB28

If they trade with the Colts I want Andrew Luck.

LOL

EFF all that other noise.

18. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

IMO the Jets were never in consideration for Cousins. Hes got midwestern roots and I think hed prefer life in Minnesota or Denver more than NY/NJ.

19. The Dark Knight

Yeah, I hope Cousins has thought about this as much as we have. Haha. And thanks, yeah Lego Batman is hilarious.

I think his wife is from Georgia, and he has been in DC since 2012, so New York makes just as much sense as anywhere else, location wise.

FJF likes this.
  20. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Cousins is going to get paid regardless of where he lands. The only advantage the Jets really have over the other teams from that standpoint is that they could front load the deal more than Denver and Minny.

NYJetsO12 likes this.