Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

I guess Nelson it is.

That would be ridiculous tho lol

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So you don't agree? Big fuckin' deal. The forum is here for opinions; I gave one - one similar to those given by people inside the NFL and in the professional sports media. You gave yours - again BFD. And I did not inject Darnold into this conversation - simply replied to someone who had put Darnold's name at the top of his list - in direct response to one of the options listed in the poll that started this thread.

Andre Agassi? Sheesh!

Here's a little piece from SBNation about winners and losers at the combine; you'll find both Darnold and Allen mentioned:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/6/1...s-losers-recap-shaquem-griffin-saquon-barkley

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

That could very well happen, but imagine that same scenario if the Jets DO sign Cousins. All those QBs dropping means the Jets would have their choice of Chubb, Nelson, or a number of other high ranked talent at the 6, which would be pretty sweet.

Big Cat and FJF like this.
  4. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

This really is the biggest reason why I do think the Jets will make a $90+ million offer to Cousins (and quite possibly more). It's the safe play, and pretty much guarantees that they'll get one of the top 3 picks on their board while giving up nothing (since at least a couple of the QBs will be picked).

5. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Yeah but really it seems every single time the team drafts a QB. It seems to have falter. Meaning not the answer at QB. Kirk Cousins hopefully can be available but who would show him the money?!

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That would be sweet. Do things like that happen for the jets

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Not pessimistic... insecure. Why would the Giants go from 2 to 21? Why would the Colts go from 3 to 11 when they desperately need to protect Luck? The Bills would have to trade away this draft, and the next two years drafts to make that jump. The Colts would have to literally be hoping that they could get Luck killed on the field to get out of the contract.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

There will be lots of movement and trades from certain teams to move up with a loaded class like this one...bank on it...

If it's a NO from Cousins within 48 hours of the week of 3/12 if I am MM my ass better be in gear with Indy to switch out of 3 to 6 ..If he DOESNT then Denver will make the deal with them for the 5 spot! Watch out!

A YES from Cousins means Mac will prob sit at six unless he wants to make a play for Barkley

ColoradoContrails and nicg4360 like this.
  9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The bills are loaded with picks and don’t have a qb. The jints need lots of players and don’t have a large cap for free agency. What u can only get good players in the top 10

10. JetBlue

Of course you can get good players out of the top 10; that’s a specious question that doesn’t even remotely address the situation. But why are players graded as not being top 10 players? Because they aren’t believed to be as good as other players. So, once again, why would the Giants forego the chance to draft a player they rate as the 2nd best (or maybe even top) player in the draft just to get a bunch of players rated as the 20th best player and below? Not to mention the fact that the 21st, 22nd picks and a bunch of second and third round picks aren’t getting you to 2. And since you don’t know where the Bills are going to draft next year, it will take more than next year’s first as well.

11. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I'm happy with 5 QBs or Barkley so picking 6 is fine with me....Even Chubb would be fine

The reality is we will have our pick at probably 2 or 3 qbs if we hold at 6 but I'm not panicking and mortgaging the future to move up. I don't know which QB will bust so why would I go out of my way to weaken my team when I can stand pat?

jonnyd and FJF like this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The reality here is that some team is going to make a big trade up to get a QB with no idea of which of the QB's is going to turn into a star.

I hope that team is not the Jets.

If Kirk Cousins has any moxie in him he's going to go somewhere that he can compete and win a Super Bowl in the next year or two. If he takes the money instead, well he's not getting to the Super Bowl.

Again, if that's the case I'm hoping the team he sells out too is not the Jets.

It's really unpopular to suggest that the Jets just sit at 6 and figure out if the best QB available is worth the pick but that's the best thing to do, assuming that a sweetheart deal is not available to move up to 3 or 4 - which it likely will not be.

jonnyd and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

I’m happy with Nelson too. We will have a choice between mayfield and Rosen OR darnold imo

14. JetBlue

I can see a team like the Cards or Fins, drafting right outside the top 10, being able to get into the top 5 with a haul this year and next, but I just don’t see how the Bills can do it drafting in the 20’s without firsts for the next three years.

15. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

It's essentially choosing between the lesser of two evils. Does NY sit and wait and hold onto valuable pics and wait for the QB of the future drop. Or do they be aggressive and get that QB they covet regardless of the learning curve he may have a give up valuable pics to do so. Decisions.

16. Br4d

The Bills could grab the #1 pick by mortgaging a few year's future 1st's plus their two 1st's this year. I do not think they would do that but it would be hard for the Browns to say no to 4 or 5 firsts when they also have the #4.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Br4d

If the Jets are certain about one of the QB's and he's there on the 3 maybe trading up is the right move.

However as as executive on the Jets I would be looking really hard at whether I was willing to let the current regime make a move like that if failure would also doom the next regime.

Think about what happens if the Jets make a big move up and it gets Mac and Bowles fired. The next regime is DOA with future picks expended in the death knell for the current regime.

nicg4360 likes this.
  18. nicg4360

That is possibly mathematically possible but I don't see the Bills selling off so much for questionable QBs....Andrew luck when he came out but not these guys. The bills FO seems smarter than that. Imo.

19. nicg4360

True. A trade up to 3 is maybe feesable or even 4... anything higher should not even be considered.

20. JetBlue

If that was going to happen, why the song and dance of just the TT for a third trade? They could have just gotten that done already.

I don’t see the Browns trading out if 1; they are clearly trying to make an immediate improvement with the expectation of Taylor starting. If that’s the case I don’t see them taking a QB one, but if they trade out of one they have no chance at Barkley. Maybe that doesn’t matter, but it also means they will also miss out on a top rate OL as well, because they are going to take a QB with one of of their two picks regardless. They have to stay at 1; not to mention the last GM was canned for passing on talented players to stock pike picks. They aren’t going to continue that philosophy.

I can see the Giants moving down, but not that far. But not the Colts who have too much invested in Luck to not protect him with the best possible player unless they really don’t think he’s coming back. At which point they should stay put anyways and draft a QB.