Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

That's right ..no one can please everyone

It would please me and a handful of others if he trades up to 3..guarantees a top QB

It will appease 70 per cent of the GG to get Cousins...that's life

RESULTS after FA and the draft are what REALLY account

TonyFtLaud and JetLifeLo like this.
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

From your lips to God’s ears.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I want Cousins. Can you tell? No reason not to go after him. If it works out, you have a franchise QB. If it doesn't you can use your #6 overall pick or even trade up for your franchise QB. I truly think Cousins will play better at his new team than he did with the Redskins. That franchise is a toxic mess. You can argue the Jets are not much better, but I think they are on the right track at the moment. Need a QB though. I like the QB's you said, even Allen, but I like Cousins and then drafting BPA at #6 even more.

nicg4360 and FJF like this.
  4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Just an FYI: March 12-14: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14.

NYJetsO12 and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey. There is no right or wrong answer here. Your logic isn't a bad one. I just want one of the 4 rookie QB's but if we end up signing Cousins I won't be mad at all. This is just a preferance. Mayfield excites me. So does Darnold, Rosen and Lamar. Especially Lamar. This kid will be special somewhere. Good times are ahead of Jets. Let's enjoy the next 6 to 8 weeks. :)

6. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I'm all for Kirk just about as much as I am all for trading up with the Colts and drafting Mayfield.

I REALLY want us to go in to TC with at least one of the two.

Sam Hammer and Brook! like this.
  7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I consider the Jets extremely lucky for once. In an offseason where the Jets are desperate for a QB, there is a ready made franchise QB available in FA as well as 4 legit potential franchise QBs in the draft. One of those 5 QBs will be the Jets QB next year and the Jets QB position will look better than it has in forever.

8. Brook!

Exactly my feeling.

So true. We have all this money in cap space and a franchise QB available. I am fine as long as we have one of the 4 rookie's or Cousins in the Jets roster.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

LOL Pay Keenum $50 million to sit on the bench while the rookie plays? That would be a no. Keenum sucks.

westiedog1 likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that their goal is winning as much as they can as soon as they can, but because that's probably the only thing that will save their jobs.

11. Brook!

You achieved the impossible. You posted a message that got LIKES from both @NCJetsfan and @FJF . Congrats. Kidding aside, very good post. But please also see the fact that Jet fans are like abused women. They come back to their love after so much abuse. People are extremely agitated and I totally understand that. :)

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

thankfully we are only a week away from this thread being over

13. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

Would be happy with Cousins, Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, or Jackson. Still like the idea of having the draft really open up for us if we were to have Cousins but the idea of solidifying some weak spots (especially OL) in FA and taking one of those QB’s would make for an exciting season as well.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  14. The Dark Knight

Hopefully I will look back on this thread with fondness and not with regret. :D

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I think of it less as an abusive and more of a BDSM type relationship. We thrive on the pain.

I think the reality at this point is Cousins is not the answer. He is at win now age and there are two teams that can give him that. My hope is it's Denver that wins out and leaves 1 less Qb needy team in front of us at 6. Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield all look poised to make serious noise in this league. Though i was fully on-board with the Cousins idea i have now altered my thinking to take one of the top three and build around them. I’d rather go 8-8 with one of those three qb's and have the team ready to strike in 2019, quite likely with BB, Gronk and or Br*dy gone. Cousins probably has 5 or 6 years. Darnold and co could have up to 15. Week 1 in buffalo I was taking my lumps from Bills fans and one of them commented that i was taking it all pretty well. My response was i'd raise a glass to him draft night when we get our franchise QB. Closer we get to the draft the more i think i was right. Leave Cousins be and invest elsewhere like the oline.

16. The Dark Knight

I agree with this philosophy too. It is going to be really hard for the Jets to mess this up. So many great ways to upgrade the QB position. Good news for Jets fans we hope..............

Brook! and Jets_Grinch like this.
  17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

careful, we'll still find a way to fuck it up.

donkey and Brook! like this.
  18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

would love to see goodell up there at the jets pick.......wherever it is....

"the nyj select, quarterback, (with a split second delay to get everyones sphincters nice and juiced - like rozelle did when he announced obrien back in 83)........luke falk, from washing....

geez can u imagine. LOL

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If vikes sign Cousins how can the jets screw this up? I can see browns pick RB first, jints move back and bills pick qb at 2. Colts move back and Miami pick qb at 3. Browns pick qb at 4 and Denver pick qb at 5. Could this happen? Would jets just sit at 6 and hope. Seems like Miami n bills are gearing up to make a move. Am I just being pessimistic or is this a possibility

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jets_Grinch and NYJetsO12 like this.