Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Some great points there. Imagine how bad the Vikings would look if Keenum went to Denver right away, then the Jets make Cousins an offer he can't refuse, and Bridgewater ends up on Arizona. The Vikings would be royally screwed and would be forced into trading for Foles or drafting somebody in the very late 1st.

FlaJet, NYJetsO12 and The Dark Knight like this.
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Schefter is saying Keenums agent is going to try to strike a deal fast, before Cousins which might force the Vikes to sign him, since he is their plan B.

3. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Give Keenum 3 yr....50mill (18 guaranteed)..then draft QB at 6, no reason to bring 39yr old McCown back
    as a 7million dollar coach-stopgap....if Keenum is more than a 1 yr wonder, we can let the rookie
    develop.....

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Keenum has been a bad backup until this year. Paying what he's going to want based off one year of good play would be very Jetsy. I'd like to think we've moved on from the Tannenbaum-era mistakes.

And again, by the numbers, McCown wasn't that much worse then Keenum.

FJF likes this.
  5. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Some guys got all the luck.

westiedog1 likes this.
  6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Why? If you’re drafting a QB at 6 no need to waste any significant money on a FA QB. That’s just absolutely silly. Not to mention why in the world would Keenum sign to be the one year mentor. He has to absolutely cash in on his one great season.

Sorry, but nothing about this make any sense for the Jets, Keenum or the 6th pick QB.

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm just not reading correctly, but the Jags resigned him completely.

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I seriously don't see how any Jets fan would want Keenum after just going through Fitzpatrick and McCown. He is the exact same, just younger. And he completely collapsed in the playoffs last year. If not for one of the luckiest plays (and worst defensive plays) ever, he doesn't even win a home playoff game.Not to mention the team around him was one of the best in the NFL. He would be a major bust for the Jets. A rare option where I actually prefer McCown.

NCJetsfan, FlaJet, NYJetsO12 and 5 others like this.
  9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I think I knew that, but I was in a discussion about rookie contracts and the 5th year option. I went to a website to research it and they gave examples of what players drafted in 2014 would make if the 5th year option was exercised. Looking back, it was probably outdated as far as who was recently resigned to new contracts. Sorry if there was confusion.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

19mil for a QB would be the 17th most in the NFL so basically average. not in insane amount

11. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

If we draft a QB, the only other guys we should look at are Bridgewater and McCown. Yeah, McCown may win the starting job, but who cares, he is on borrowed time and we know his role on the team. he isn't meant to be the savior. Bridgewater would be more of a risk, but would be perfect to push the rookie to win the job.

12. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

First of all, I've got to say how much I like Willie. Loved him as a Jet. He's all about no BS excuses, just results. If we had 53 guys with his attitude, we would be SB champs.

He was asked tonight if the Jets will sign Kirk Cousins? His response was, "Yes. Because Bowles needs to save his job." It didn't look like he even approved and went on to say he thinks the Jets should draft a QB.

Doesn't this prove signing Kirk Cousins isn't about doing what's best for the NYJ, it's about saving paychecks?

This move shouldn't be about some selfish, incompetent HC trying to continue getting the big bucks. This should be about building the team to be winners.

Like I said already signing Kirk Cousins is a knee jerk, desperation move to save Mac and Blowes job. This has never been about the NYJ.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Iin before the merge

Jets69 likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep..I've worried this would be the case ...desperate duo of Mac and Blowes at it again

Why Is it that 70 per cent of TGG has fallen for KC and bought right into this nonsense?????

Chasing a 16th Ranked QB like he is Tom Brady ...just stupid

NCJetsfan and westiedog1 like this.
  15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

How does Willie Colon’s opinion become fact and prove anything? Because you like him?

FlaJet, Harpua, Brook! and 5 others like this.
  16. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

When did someone's opinion become a fact?

FlaJet likes this.
  17. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

What does Bart Scott think?

FlaJet likes this.
  18. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

What you see as attitude, I see as a guy who was not in control of his emotions. This guy was a human penalty machine: Illegal motion, unnecessary roughness, unsportsmanlike conduct, illegal hands to the face, taunting, fighting......you name it, Willie did it, and often. How many offensive drives did he stop with his stupid penalties? Was glad to see him go.

Not saying what he says won't happen, but I don't put much stock in what he says.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’m not a big Bowles guy or even a little but I won’t believe anyone telling me he doesn’t care about winning and is making moves without that being the ultimate goal.

I think both Mac & Bowles believe Cousins is there guy. Adam Schein was saying he has been the goal since last offseason and they have been making moves like freeing up space & hiring Bates to get him.

Only time will tell if it’s the right move if they do get him but I can’t believe the goal to win is not the ultimate factor.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

one ex players speculation doens't mean anything. If we listened to what players said, we'd have headaches trying to figure out what robbie anderson is tweeting about.

also on the flipside if you care about players, von miller, and emanual sanders have been recruiting cousins hard saying he's the QB to lead them to a superbowl.