Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yep. It's always fun to shit on the Jets, but if you look at reality, why would his agent not try to get the Jets to pony up more knowing how much they want his client? The Vikings could just as easily be getting used here.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

haha..no, not a troll and i'm sure a jets fan longer than you have been alive. So long in fact I became a fan the day Namath said yes to the Jets and no to St. Louis and even watched SB3 in glorious black and white on a 19 inch something or other in a friend's basement. By the way this is the 50th anniversary of that game and I hope those young enough to be here 50 years from now are celebrating the 100th year of their only SB win. If they don't hire a real GM and a real coach some day I can see that happening.

#2562 Don, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

evidence to support such a baseless claim? Usually you use the teams with less money to get more out of the team with more money, not vice versa.

4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

So you hope that in 50 years we're still sitting on 1 SB win? That's to help prove you're not a troll?

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

NFL Network did some analysis on big arm QB's vs accurate QB's coming from college and the transition / success at the pro level. The results were ridiculously skewed in favor of the accurate QB's. I'm fine with them taking Mayfield, he could be the next Brees and if not he'll be competent and have a nice career something this team really never seen for a career. The last competent QB was Pennington who's career was cut short by injuries.

#2565 No Fly Zone, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

On the other hand if he gets them to the SB on a shorter contract than the Jets offer the sky is the limit for his next contract. Most players have confidence they are the guy. With the VIkings that plays right into the typical players thought process. With the Jets he's just part of the rebuild, a key part but even if he plays lights out the 2018 Jets are not SB contenders (likely not the 2019 Jets either). Tough choice... will be fun to watch play out.

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Please make the case that the NYJets are BETTER than Arizona and Denver. This I gotta hear...

8. NYJetsO12

Ahahaha..just what I thought ...when I heard it's the Jets and Vikings I thought KC could NOT be serious signing up for a NY mess: A HC who gets rid of OCs like toilet paper and a roster that's smoke and mirrors

The Jets visit will be a ploy

Or it will reveal what a liar he is about "win now" ...(50 Mil upfront by the Jets)

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If I was Kirk, I'd want to go to the team closest to a Super Bowl.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

you really have a habit or replying to posts that i already explained without reading further. I'd suggest reading the full thread instead of umping the gun and asking questions that were answered already. You are way to quick to be negative that you shoot yourself in the foot too often

11. NYJetsO12

Ya know ...If I had millions in the bank like Cousins already has .. 50 or 80 million more DOESNT buy happiness...a SB RING and a place in the HOF DOES

CotcheryFan likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

It's a long thread Solid ...but didn't see that you did reply

My bad..

13. GasedAndConfused

it's all good. my bad as well i just responded to that so many times from different people i copy and pasted the same post like 5 times. It's just like if people read a few posts down lol. either way, i should have been nicer and copy/pasted it again so my bad too

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

my best guess is he is sitting on around 20-25mil max. his rookie deal wasn't much as a 4th rounder (maybe about 2 mil for 4 years) then he had 2 franchise tags about 44mil total so 46mil total earned. take about half away for taxes thats 23mil. plus whatever he spent on houses and cars and such. a good chunk of money no doubt but not really enough to turn away an extra 35-40 mil over 5 years for the chance at a SB. Kirk is smart enough to know how it works out and not like the vikes are a consistent good team. we seen the panthers go 15-1 then miss the playoffs the next year. with their QB position in flux, cap space, and rookie contract players in line for a big payday plus losing their OC the vikes could be prime for a fall or maybe maintain being good for another year or 2 then he's stuck anyway on a bad team

JetBlue likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Gee. I guess it must prove something or every other guy would refuse to throw to unfamiliar receivers. Elway thinks so - "I think you get arm strength, you get quickness, a little bit of accuracy. But obviously they’re working with guys they haven’t worked with. So it’s tough to anticipate. You see the release, get to see it live, get to see how the ball comes off.” Mayfield gets it, “There was never a question about it, that’s just second nature—a chance to compete, a chance to get in front of all these teams. This is the biggest interview of my life. Why would I not show exactly what I can do?” Rosen agrees “That’s what we do is we throw the football, so coming here, I thought: Why not?”

If skipping the throwing was routine none of the people who have an interest would be talking about it. Maybe Josh Allen would not be the guy on top of everyone's radar now; that could cost Darnold dollars.

nicg4360 likes this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Per SNY's Ralph Vacchiano, the Jets' "Plan B" if they fail to sign free agent Kirk Cousins would be to pair Teddy Bridgewater with Josh McCown.

If that happens and Mac misses on Cousins and doesn't draft a QB in the 1st, I would lose all faith in him and this franchise. That would be truly awful. By the way, who the hell is Vacchiano? He is the one who keeps being linked to all this Jets insider info. Could be complete BS.

ColoradoContrails and GQMartin like this.
  17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Same. Do not want any retreds

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Well, that's a great way to get people on board the Cousins bandwagon! If the Jets come out of the draft/free agency without a quarterback who can be seriously thought to be a potential top 10 QB (not saying it will turn out that way, but someone about whom that can legitimately be hoped) Macc needs to be gone. And sorry, Bridgewater ain't it.

19. GasedAndConfused

i mean he could do that and still draft a QB. not like we need to keep hack and petty. Mccown is the mentor/fallback option teddy is young and looked good before the injury and could still be a franchise QB and the draft pick as well can sit and learn for a year then overtake teddy B as teddy stays around as a backup and mccown retires. It's not like we still have hope of hack being the guy

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

People are worried about Rosen being injury prone and now Needle leg Bridgewater.