Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

I've replied on the Cousins thing a few times before but the closer it gets the crazier it seems...the money being talked about for a pretty good (not real good and certainly not great) QB who's next "big game" win will be his first is pretty freaking alarming. To me this has "danger will robinson" written all over it. Is Cousins better than what the Jets have, of course (that's setting the bar pretty low though)...Is he $100M better than McCown and a draft pick, no...Will Cousins bring the Jets to the playoffs, maybe...Will Cousins bring this Jets team to Super Bowl contention, doubtful...and i say that knowing he potentially could for MN as that team is so talented, Keenum almost did...but again let's see the guy win a big game first. I don't think Cousins has the talent/skills to bring a team/roster like the jets to another level. And by the time the jets build up the team Cousins would be 33-ish... More importantly, since this is all a gamble i think: McCown + Trading up to get a QB is less of a risk than Cousins + $100m or so in guaranteed money.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If the rumors are true about a 3 year deal for cousins i am out. No interest in a 3 year deal when Years 3-5 are when we actually might be able to compete with him

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yeah I agree. The “wanting to hit free agency again” rumor is alarming.

4. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Not sure what your trying to say but with him not throwing and all the other ones doing so it shows that he is not confident in his arm... throwing in front of his competition, he was the only one of the top QBs that sat and watched. This is not just my opinion but that of many analysts. It was well voiced that it was the wrong choice. Anyone can look good at the pro day...as I've mentioned before even Hackenberg did..scouts are well aware of this I'm sure. He didn't do himself any favors. Mayfield, Allen looked pretty comfortable out there.

#2484 nicg4360, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

It would be great if it hurts him and drops him all the way to 6. Him not throwing is overblown and will be long forgotten by the time the draft rolls around. If he somehow is available at 6, he damn well better be the pick, it more likely he’s gone by the 3rd pick though unfortunately.

boozer32 likes this.
  6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Go Vikings!!!!!!!!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yea go Vikes! Take our best option at QB and the best QB we'd have over the last two decades!

Either way the Vikings were the most likely destination from the get go. I'd be surprised at this point if he went anywhere else.

8. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

This is so classic Jet fan, Cousins would hands down be the most talented QB the Jets have had in the last 30 years and jet fans are like, "nope, too much money, pass". LOL.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We disagreed a lot earlier but I agree here. It's amazing. But it's why we have the reputation we have.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  10. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

I just don't get the "money" argument, it makes no sense. It's like a lot of Jet fans seem to feel like if they can't get the very best QB in the league, they shouldn't pay for anyone? I mean the Jets have absolutely nothing at QB, they have a bottom 5 roster in terms of overall talent, but they can go out and actually get a proven, top Ten QB in the prime of his career to fill that position for at least the next 5 years and they want to dismiss it? How often has a legitimate franchise QB been on the open market?

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This is a very unique offseason in which there is a ready made franchise QB available who is good but not great but will be paid as he is great. This is also one of the deepest QB drafts possibly ever.

Jets so far at least are playing this smart. Make a play for Cousins without doing something completely stupid like guaranteeing his entire contract or signing him to a short deal. They will likely make a very competitive offer, possibly even the best offer but will likely lose out to a team that is more ready to win.

We’ll see what happens after they lose out but all hope is not lost due to the depth of the draft at the QB position and the likelihood that they will come out of the draft with a QB we have hope can become great.

The QB position is only the most important decision they have. It won’t mean anything though if they don’t get the rest of the decisions right. They should be able to fill a lot of holes pre draft without all that money that was going to Cousins.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well they won't get Couins and you may be the only who still thinks this is a deep draft for QBs. Most have come to the belief they aren't as good as advertised and the combine proved it.

13. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

If we assume that Cousins is gone to Minnesota, a lot of mocks now have us taking Baker, thoughts on Mayfield being our starting QB in week 1?

I'd be ok with it bc i like his competitiveness and I think he's going to want to shut the critics down

boozer32, NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Cousins to the Vikings would seem like the most sensible conclusion if not for one fact — they just lost their OC. New OC and new QB hardly equates to the offense improving. Cousins would have to know that as well.

All this speculation is media selling clicks to pay their bills. And people continue to fall for it like it’s a new phenomenon.

Brook! and Sam Hammer like this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I could easilt make a case the jets are betetr then arizona or denver. obviously Minn is better by far, but they also aren't doing well on the cap and are helped in large by 2 Wrs on rookie contratcs playing very well (diggs and theilan) who they will have to pay soon

16. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

It's pretty simple. He's a top QB, he can dictate the show. As all the others did. Not because they're afraid as was said but because they will throw to their WRs, on their terms. To turn that into he's not confident in his arm is absolutely wrong. Not a single analyst even hinted at this, no one of any competence level crticized him. Anyone can look good at a pro day? You mean like Bridgewater did throwing at his pro day after skipping throwing at the combine. You seriously think that if Darnold throws well at his pro day it will be held against him that it was at his pro day? Don't say yes, it's the wrong answer

None of this is true on any level.

17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

No offense, but the combine proves pretty much nothing, but athleticism. Game tape should be the primary factor, not a couple days of skills competitions, especially at the QB position. People very much over rate the combine.

18. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

In what fantasy world could you make the case that the Jet's are better than Denver and Arizona? You have to be joking.

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. shasta01

shasta01 Active Member

Not for nothing but no matter where he goes it's going to be a new O.C. and New Q.B. so your point makes zero sense.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

well Denver just went 5-11, they have very little cap space and will have to make cuts, and has a coach on a hotter seat than Bowles.

Arizona is starting over from scratch, and just lost a really good head coach.

The Jets are not in good shape, but neither are those teams.
    The Vikings are by far the best option for Cousins if they willing to make him a competitive offer financially. I believe the Jets will be his best option after Minn, as they certainly will make a competitive financial offer.

NYJetsO12 and LF911SC like this.