Free Agency Targets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Enough of the common sense! You could get banned for that around these parts!

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I’d take the alien for a 4th rounder.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i guess you missed the point. roger goodell brought in his silly rules about how everyone must act like this or that or get suspended. he did that because whiny old men dont like these brash athletes acting like idiots and feel they should be punished or they will boycott.

id rather talk about what kind of a player the guy is and leave the outside of football stuff, well.... outside of football.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

No, I did not miss the point, like any job or profession, there is and should be a code of conduct that goes along with it.

These whiny old men run a business, as long as the outside life of one of their employees does not interfere with their job performance they don't make a stink about it.

Like you and I, if our outside life starts to affect our job performance, how long do you think it will be, before our supervisor calls us to answer for our poor job performance?

It's called accountability, and truthfully I don't think all NFL players are inmature or brash, or living irresponsible lives by partaking of illegal activities.

However for the few who are I have no sympathy for them when they are held accountable for their actions.

i have a question for you and it's not meant to call you out, but I really want your opinion.

Where is the limit to what their outside life influences their job in the nfl?

Is it murder, manslaughter, drug use, animal abuse, domestic abuse?

#564 Red Menace, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  5. ThatQueensGuy13

ThatQueensGuy13 New Member

hes a beast .... get em

guys like that don't come around often
    he's worth the trouble

size speed strength athleticism

Him Robby and enyunwa is a dangerous core

6. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Heck of a talent, but you never know where his head is going to be at and I worry that he might be one of those players who once he gets paid takes the rest of his career off, but it all depends on the price. If Pittsburgh is willing to part with him for a Day 3 draft pick, I wouldn't hate if they took a flier on him, but if we're talking a 2nd round pick or something even more than that, I'd rather see another team take on that risk.

I'm OK with Anderson for his 12-14 games, suspension length depending, Kearse, Enunwa and giving more reps to Hansen, as well as adding another WR, whether it be via the draft or FA. I have very little hopes for Stewart as anything more than a run game blocker/gadget player, but we'll see. He will have to earn his time on the field more so than Hansen in 2018.

7. twown

twown Well-Known Member

But surely if we just make him a captain...

8. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Man, you gave up on this kindergarten teacher analogy way too soon. I was just getting into the story!

9. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I blame Idzik for this. Go back to the draft. Bryant and Bruce Ellington were sitting there. We took Jaleen Saunders and Shaq Evans. I remember being so annoyed on draft day. We could've had him for a fourth rounder.

As for today. I'd take him but wouldn't give up more than a 5th rounder for him. Seems to be a headcase. One failed drug test he falls into the Justin Blackmon Josh Gordon area. All the talent in the world but can he keep his head on straight. That scares me.

Rex was here when he was drafted. His son was playing at Clemson at the time with him. Maybe his son told him to stay clear.

10. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

bryant is a far more dynamic RAC player than robby

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Free agency is upon us and we are already discussing Watkins and Martavis Bryant on seperate threads. Instead of starting a new thread for each potential player let's have a thread dedicated to this in the main forum. I will eventually merge the Sammy Watkins and Bryant threads with this thread. Okay. Shoot away. Dream big. We have tons of money. Let's spend it wisely. :)

twown likes this.
  12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Look into:
    Luke Joeckel - G
    Greg Robinson - LT
    Kirk Cousins - QB
    Ezekiel Ansah - DE
    Dontari Poe - DT

Maybe get lucky and sign 1 or 2.

No trades for me unless its up in the draft to take a QB in the top 3.

13. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Id love Bryant here. but at what cost? I really don't want to give up neither of our 2nds... maybe we can snag him for a 4th since he's had some off field issues.

14. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I’d look into upgrading the TE position with Julius Thomas over ASJ (particularly if the latter wants a big deal).

15. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

IF Mac is crazy enough to go after Bryant he'd better offer VERY little. This guy is BIG trouble and cannot be relied on. I would try to get him in trade for possibly a 6th? Then any contract offered to him would be completely incentive based. Mac is already troubled enough trying to do his job. If he signs this guy he has to know how potentially dangerous this is in regards to his job security.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Ryan Jensen would be priority 1B with Cousins priority 1A. After that I’d look into one of the CBs, either Johnson or Butler and if ARob gets to FA(unlikely) he’d be priority 1C.

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Hard to say Julius Thomas is an upgrade. The guy was only good once with Peyton and has since sucked. I do agree though with the general idea. If we can't bring back ASJ I'd talk to Graham or Eifert.

FJF likes this.
  18. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Agreed. I love Bryant's talent but I don't love his off field concerns. I have particular concern in buddying him up with Robbie Anderson who has similar maturing to do.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Thomas has been awful since leaving Peyton. He was fool's gold and everyone knew it but Jacksonville... and Miami I guess.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Trey burton.

TonyFtLaud and rickjet like this.