Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I really wanna believe this team CAN make the right choice and develop this so called FQB at pick number 6 but it's been well documented and beyond that well proven they hands down suck at selecting and/or developing QBs.
    I really want to believe Mayfield or Allen may be there at 6 because we know Darnold and Rosen will not. If we are thinking reality we know mac will not trade multiple 1st and 2nd round pics which would also hinder us from adding to our rebuild.
    I really don't think the 1st and 2nd are touchable. The Browns need their guy as do the Giants...they will stand pat.
    I really don't want to see another season of McCowan. With any rookie QB we will have available they will be carrying the clipboard for 2018. It's Bowles were talking about. That's another reason I'm warming up to cousins. He's already there...the coaching staff can't sxxt the bed in this development because he's developed.

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I sure can. Take a look at the Jets cap situations in the next three years, factor in the ever growing salary cap in the NFL, and you'll see that signing Cousins in no way will damage the teams cap this year, next year, the year after that or even if they sign a contract that turns out to be a 5 year deal that they can't get out of. The Jets have almost an unlimited amount of room right now and a very small amount of players they need to retain, almost none that will be expensive outside of Leonard Williams, over the next 3-4 years.

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

If the Jets don't make the playoffs in the next two seasons, Todd Bowles will not be here in 2020.

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

1 your moving goalposts. you blame cousins for not winning games but don't blame ben for losing a game because he played well. you are once again being a hypocrite

2 you post link proving yourself wrong because you didn't read it. right from your own link. this was the skins statement

Our goal was to sign Kirk to a long-term contract with the final objective of having him finish his career with the Redskins.

On May 2nd, right after the draft, we made Kirk an offer that included the highest fully guaranteed amount upon signing for a quarterback in NFL history ($53 million) and guaranteed a total of $72 million for injury. The deal would have made him at least the second highest-paid player by average per year in NFL history.

But despite our repeated attempts, we have not received any offer from Kirk's agent this year.

Kirk has made it clear that he prefers to play on a year-to-year basis. While we would have liked to work out a long-term contract before this season, we accept his decision.

there i bolded it to make it easier for you

5. nicg4360

Kirk played out his franchise tag as he wanted out...had nothing to do with the skins contract offer.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The QB's session of the Combine is next Saturday. That could be a big day where a QB or 2 changes GM's minds about Cousins. The Browns, Jets, Broncos, Cardinals, Bills, etc could see a QB they like more than him. The Vikings choice is more Keenum, Bridgewater, or Cousins? The Jaguars choice is keep Bortles or go after Cousins?

7. nicg4360

The jags may be stuck with bortles due to his surgery. I think the Vikings go back with Keenum.

Cidusii likes this.
  8. nicg4360

I also think another domino affect will be wether the Eagles decide to trade Foles.

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Wouldn't shock me if the Eagles hang on to him given the nature of Wentz's injury.

Harpua and FJF like this.
  10. nicg4360

I agree unless someone offers something stupid crazy....like a team that desperately needs a QB but doesn't have the cap room and has a pic that won't allow them to address it. Maybe buffalo offers one of their 2 firsts? Something ridiculous like that.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The next big news will be either Vikings tagging Keenum or letting the deadline pass without tagging him.
    After that nothing will happen until cousins signs. All other qb transactions will be done based on where he lands.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but making the playoffs means nothing if the Jets have no realistic chance of getting to and winning a SB. I think they could probably make the playoffs next year, but they'd be one and done, and have zero realistic chance of getting to and winning the SB. If you're willing to settle for that level of mediocrity, fine. I'm not. If the Jets make the playoffs next year, then Bowles will undoubtedly get an extension. Have fun with that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Getting to the playoffs at least gives us a chance. Who knows what could happen once you make it in. That was our story in 2009 and 2010. We barely made it in, but yet we were one game away from the Super Bowl.

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This will likely tell the story of if the Jets are gonna sign Cousins or not. If the Vikes are in I’m finding it hard to believe he will choose the Jets. If the Vikes are not in I’m finding it hard to believe he’ll pick any team other than the Jets.

FJF likes this.
  15. FJF

One half away from getting to the super bowl in 2009, you could say the same in 2010 but it was the first half that killed us.
    But either way, rookie or cousins there will be a natural progression of making the playoffs to strong favorite in the playoffs. Of course with a rookie you have to progress to a team barely making the playoffs first

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't know why @NCJetsfan and others just assume the Jets will be average and make the playoffs with Cousins and that is it. Anything can happen once you get in. Who knows? The Jets could get hot and go on a roll. Sounds better to me than going (5-11) again. If the argument is you want Bowles out, I do too, but that is clearly not happening. He should have been fired after 2016, then won 5 games again this year and was cheered for it somehow. Bowles/Mac is the Jets plan. I only wish success and wins for the Jets, so I support them and support any player that will help them win.

17. FJF

Sounds right to me. I’m guessing the Vikings will take it right to the wire. That gives them the entire combine to figure out whether they can get cousins The combine being the illegal but everyone is doing it tampering period.

TonyFtLaud and Attackett like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

there is no such thing as "no chance to make the SB when you are in the playoffs" any given sunday

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The I don’t want the Jets to make the playoffs because they’ll be one and done is just about the most bizarre of narratives going right now.

Did anyone pay attention to the Eagles this year? Yes they were 13-3 but no one and I mean no one thought they would win a playoff game with a back up QB let alone win a SB. Can’t make it to a SB without playing a playoff game first.

Big Cat, nicg4360, TonyFtLaud and 4 others like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez is a free agent. JUST sayin'

The Dark Knight likes this.