Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Its clear you dont understand. You just throw numbers around without estimatomg the costs of the players that this team will need to pay. Williams will get paid before his contract expires, well need reign ASJ, who won't come cheap. Then there are upgrades at the line because we just let a guy go. These guysa arent gonna get 2 mil a year. Its gonna be more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You don’t get to incorrectly state things and then say convo over. Sorry:

In their losses the Redskins defense gave up 32 points per game. Did Cousins play well in those losses? Nope. But not many quarterbacks in the 10-15 range are built to overcome defense that terrible.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

its what the market is and what the reality of the nfl economics is.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

And cousins had d jax, and garcon. It wasnt like he had nobodies to throw to his entire career. So come on man give him the blame he deserves just as much as you want to give him the credit he deserves. 30 mil is too much for him and it stunts this teams growth.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i do understand. all that's factored in. that's why i said we'd have realistically 70-80mil and not 125mil. you think 45-55 mil isn't enough space to accomplish that? we also have the draft which is much easier to find a good lineman then it is to find a good QB. the best teams utilize their cap space the crappy teams sit on it. Philly is currently over the cap and just won the SB with a back-up QB.

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

And thats a good way to keep losing. Theres a reason this team doesnt sustain success. They need to stop jumping to the quick fix.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

1 year and lets face it it wasn't either player in their prime it was later in their career. what has either done since leaving cousins? here is the answer absolutely nothing. and that year cousins threw for 5k yards and made the probowl. even without them and huge downgrades at WR he threw for 4k yards and a 2-1TD to INT ratio. If he had brown and bell and juju and bryant like ben has, cousins would lead the NFL

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

So then i dont understand why you're arguing with me. When you give a qb 30 mil, he better be able to overcome it because hes gonna eat up a chunk of your salary. Your damned to have deficiencies. So heres my question to you. If he couldn't do it im Washington, why would he do it here under the same circumstances?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

nope, that's exactly how good teams win. you think it's a coincidence that all the teams with a ton of cap room suck but the teams without space are winning?

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I dont buy that either. Ben is heads a shoulders above cousins, i dont think either of us are debating that are we? And he doesnt don it with brown and bell.

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

See, your problem is you just don’t get the actual point. You keep trying to turn this weird argument based on stats around every point that is in front of you.

He’s got awesome stats! Sign this beast! Surely nothing bad could happen because stats are clearly all that matter in order to instantly win that SB thingy!

Alright, I’m convinced, sign me up!!

Sigh...

Maybe it’s your reading comprehension? Not entirely sure at this point.

Blinded by the light... good song.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Look at the pats and steelers. They dont do that. They never have tons of cap space. Look at teams with winning cultures, yorue right, they dont have cap space, but they also dont overspend on guys either.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

And this is where I have to question your reading comprehension. Why don’t you look at my posts on this very page… How many times do I have to say over and over that I think Cousins is in the top 10–12 range? Anybody with a brain between their ears would be able to draw the conclusion that someone outside the top 10 probably has some deficiencies in their game. Can you find me where I said nothing bad could happen? Why are you pretending that everyone is saying he is flawless? Can you find me a single post where someone said the guy has zero holes in his game and he’s ready to step in and lead us to the Super Bowl with no help?

When you find me those posts, we can continue. Until then you’re just going to keep pretending a ton of stats that all together say the exact same thing, mean nothing.

What’s happening is you’re getting all worked up over the fact that what you said was wrong and you there’s plenty of proof to back that up so you’re clinging to something that no one actually said and pretending a bunch of people said it. You are basically acting like everybody in the comments section of a Facebook post about politics.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

The guy threw for almost 5000 yards in 2016. What more do you need to see?

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Patriots lucked out with a 6th Round pick being their franchise QB and the Steelers drafted Big Ben. The Jets don't have a QB. You want to draft one, and that is fine, but there is no guarantee that QB will be as good as Cousins, let alone Roethlisberger.

TonyFtLaud, GasedAndConfused and FJF like this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the only reason this team hasn't sustained success is qb play.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

That's not the only reason. Management and coaching have a lot to do with it too.

18. GasedAndConfused

ben has the best WR in the NFL and best RB in the NFL. he's always had a good defense and good run game as well. look at his WRs over time. ward, burris, holmes, brown, bryant, juju, ben has been surrounded by talent his whole career. it's not really a fair comparison at all

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Cousins is a guaranteed success either. There a reason his own team refused to give him this contract.

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

There team has had a middling defense for a while now. Nothing that would ever be considered dominant tho, that it would carry that team. Ben has been that team for a decade