Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The Eagles had a roster in place, it's easy to give up picks when your roster is set.
    Giving up 5 picks as you suggest does nothing to improve the team, you end up like Tampa Bay with Winston, if your lucky. And then your rebuild is stunted for years.

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

But it DOES how can you not see this? Cousins says he wants to win. What does this team have in place to win? Do the math. They have 75 in cap space probably closer to 85 when its all said and done, 30 mil only leaves 50 to resign guys and fill holes. The Jets arent going to be a winning situation for anyone. If anyone expect this team to make the playoffs next year or a serious run, they're fooling themselves. Were not philly, they had talent, we still dont. They had a coaching problem, ours are much deeper.

So since we cant win, the only thing we can sell him on is money. Thats it. So it benefits the jets greatly to say we cna outbid. This isnt just website speculation, they want it know they can pay anything he asks. Again S&S of arthritis, its arthritis, not strep.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Spot on.

Another factor is that the pro-Cousins group are operating under the delusion that if the Jets can just sneak into the playoffs that anything can happen. They are so impatient and desperate that they truly think that the Jets could get hot or get a lucky break or two, get to, and win the SB. Those of us opposed to Cousins are not operating under that delusion. We want a realistic chance of getting to and winning a SB. Their desperation has blinded them to the realities that the odds of the Jets winning a SB are slim and none unless the team goes all in and brings in a bunch of high-priced vet FAs, in which case the rebuild would be over. The Jets could possibly sign some of the good younger FAs, but it is probably more likely that the only FAs that would be willing to sign here would be older vets who are looking for one last big pay day, and who would have zero commitment to the Jets or their culture.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Eh, Farrar also says Smith is an upgrade and Smith rarely attempts "the kinds of 'dead-on' throws into contested areas you want to see from a true franchise quarterback." It's why Smith's INTs stay low.

And why does Roethlisberger throw more INTS if his processing is that much better?

5. TonyFtLaud

6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Youre right, the eagles had talent. Their problem was coaching. We dont have that talent and our coaching staff ia suspect. Were not a qb away, which is why 30 mil for a qb makes no sense. Its a PSL move, make fans happy to spend money.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Considering theyre the same, i doubt it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

Actually they are different articles but I'm not going to search through the thread to find them for you

9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Smith also didnt have a capable wide receiver for years. He made plenty last season. Bens INTs are high because he has a tendency to just throw it up down field. Hes also a once in a generational talent that Cousins nor Smith could ever dream of being, so thats not a good comparison.

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im good. Don't need anything from you

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

I know. Winning is not something you and the Tank crowd are into. You still upset about not reaching the zero wins you ,NC, and the rest of the tank dreamers we're hoping for.

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i mean as a fan on the forums you should already know this. You draft a QB high your gonna give him at least what 3-5 years minimum? if he doens't pan out not only did you suck for those 3-5 years but all the talent around him you built has gotten 5 years older, you lost players because of cap, some retired and now you start all over again hoping to draft a new QB. look how bad oakland was for many years after gannon until they landed carr. look at cleveland.

Jeti likes this.
  13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

What's possibly barely making it into the playoffs for 3 seasons going to get you? Mediocrity? That's what you're striving for? Who cares if they suck for 3 years of they're good for 7 plus after? I don't get this obsession with making the playoffs next year. This team is not good enough to compete for a championship. If they want talented players to flock here to win, they need a foundation. Cousins isnt that foundation. Nobody went to Washington to play with him, and they certainly aren't coming here too play with him.

Develop this team they the draft and when they start winning, vets will come here to play. But you dont pay 30 mil for a qb who is average to slightly above and call that a win.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

The GM's make the picks so.....

And again Macc comes from a team that went defense almost every year in the first round so.....

15. None of this is wrong.

However...how is an FA QB any different? At least w. a drafted QB..if he sucks he can be buried on the depth chart or simply released no harm no foul at the end of their contract. A contract presumably far more manageable & cap friendly than that of FA QB which tends to carry alot more baggage.

I know you're gonna say the FA has a higher floor due to being established..but a change in scenery/offense/system doesn't always mean prior experience means anything

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Right, if you stopped watching after Week 5. Smith has 10 years worth of tape plus the last 10 weeks of the season to go on.

Since when is Roethlisberger a once in a generation talent?

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Exactly. You don't ever see it unless the team is being moronic.

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

If Cousins were drafted by New York in 2012 and developed the way he did and played the way he did no one would have a problem paying him.

But because he's not homegrown he's somehow not worthy.

19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Hes always been. How many qbs are better than him? Youre telling me you'd rather have Stafford than him in their primes?

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah we would, because he still wouldnt have won anything. And hes still throw crippling ints. That doesnt change

NYJetsO12 likes this.