Free Agency Targets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Dec 28, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Your first and third sentences are inaccurate. The Jets have a ton of holes. Even if they sign Cousins have a solid draft and add another FA or three. They're still gonna have holes, and they're still gonna have Bowles as HC. Saying that they would be up there with any team in the NFL other than the Patriots is laughable. To quote some other posters, the Eagles, Jaguars, Vikings, Saints, Rams, Steelers, Ravens, and a few other teams say "hello!"

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Sure we’d all like the Jets to become a contender year after year. Cousins doesn’t prevent that from happening, he enhances that possibility.

He gives us stability at the most important position in all of sports. He gives us the opportunity to build a team around him. He gives us the opportunity to find his replacement when the opportunity presents itself rather than forcing the issue.

You don’t have sustainable success in the NFL without a quality QB. We know Cousins is a quality QB and he is staring us right in the face.

tbruner12, All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  3. Attackett

How do you know that? Did you read it somewhere?

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Strong disagreement. Cousins is a better QB than Smith. Much better. However, it is possible Gruden and the Redskins really didn't like Cousins. They sure acted like they did not and now acquiring Smith sealed that. I have heard several people say Smith is better than Cousins lately. (Mostly Skins fans in denial) Pretty ridiculous statement. 2017 was Smith's best year and he still had a complete meltdown mid-season and then blew a huge lead vs a terrible Titans team. Cousins, on the other hand, lost all of his weapons. Still threw for 4,000 yards and 27 touchdowns. I watch the Redskins. He is the only reason why they were not 2-14 the last 3 years.

almbleamal and FlaJet like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

Sustainable success isn't a 4-5 year window, it's long term.

6. NCJetsfan

Like Donna Summer, I heard it on the radio. ;)

7. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

We will find out next season won't we? I know it's been en vogue of late for Cousins apologist to make excuses for him this past season, but let's just stop. Perhaps the Redskins aren't as bad as the excuse makers are making them out to be. We will have more answers next season for sure when the Redskins are being led by Alex Smith. I am looking forward to seeing who's right, after all, Alex "104.7" Smith is just a "measly average old" quarterback. **diabolical laughter**

8. The Dark Knight

Yes. The Redskins will be terrible and Cousins will continue to play well with his new team. Common sense. The Chiefs will be better with Mahomes too. No need to make excuses for Cousins either. He played well despite all of the problems he had to deal with.

FJF likes this.
  9. playtowinthegame

Common sense? You're really digging in now. Good luck with that.

10. Attackett

Well that’s all fine and dandy but it’s not nonsense, you’re not paying attention to the NFL if you think it is.

Jacksonville had the 4th pick last year, were 9 minutes from playing in SB this year. Philly didn’t make playoffs last year, are in SB this year with a back up QB. Rams lost something like 10 straight, win the division. How many playoff teams this year didn’t make playoffs last year?

tbruner12 likes this.
  11. Attackett

Can’t have long term success without having success for 4-5 years first. Like I’ve said, Cousins doesn’t prevent long term success, he enhances the possibility.

tbruner12 and FJF like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

IDK if it's been mentioned but if we don't resign ASJ we should lok at cameron brate. he is a RFA but word is they could let him walk in TB since they drafted OJ howard. in his last 2 seasons he's caught 105 balls, 1251 yards, and 14TDs solid numbers for a TE and plus he's a good blocker too.

13. The Dark Knight

That is the most logical outcome. Anything can happen. Maybe the Redskins defense starts playing well, Smith has another career year and Cousins gets injured at his new location. Never know. My prediction would be the Redskins finish dead last in the NFC East and Cousins has a good season with his new team though.

14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

If he's an RFA we'd need to give up a pick for him, but if for some reason he got free, he should absolutely be on the Jets radar

tbruner12 likes this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah that's the shitty part, but TB may not even tender him. we'll have to wait and see how it plays out. I wouldn't give up a pick personally, but if he hits the open market i'd take a look

16. NCJetsfan

Baloney!

Jacksonville was 9 minutes from playing in the SB this year because they have a ton of talent due to the fact that they had underachieved/sucked for years because their HC was awful, and they had some major injuries to key players. Thus they were drafting high every year and added a lot of talent to the team. They didn't go from no talent to a great team overnight.

The Eagles were in the playoffs this year because of Carson Wentz whom they added last year. They had a lot of talent. They just needed a topnotch QB. They didn't go from no talent to a great team overnight.

The Rams had a ton of talent last year, but an incompetent HC. They add a competent HC, and their talent is put in a position to succeed, especially their QB talent. They didn't go from no talent to a great team overnight.

Your examples are awful and laughable. You're the one who's paying no attention to the NFL. Get over yourself.

17. playtowinthegame

My prediction is the Redskins will be better with Alex Smith as their starting quarterback than they were with Kirk Cousins. It's a safe bet. Common sense. ;)

18. Attackett

Sorry if the NFL is different today than the last time you watched a game in 1980. Teams go from bad to good overnight,the examples are endless. Saints with one of the 4-5 elite QBs in the league have been bad for years win the division this year. Why? Because they had a fantastic draft.

Today’s NFL is filled with parity, maybe watch some football and you’d know that.

19. NCJetsfan

Typical, stupid, unoriginal response, repeating a lie. I watch football, thank you. I can't help it if they don't show the Jets where I live. I've watched a lot of different teams play this year.

20. NCJetsfan

If the examples are so endless, then why was every example you cited, flat out wrong and laughable? Dude, you are clueless. Have some more ecstasy.