Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

All things being equal an in the box safety is probably just a notch above kicker/punter on the value totem poll. So to no fault of his own, I had this built-in issue with Adams right out the gate. I had admittedly the same unfair bias towards Pryor and to a lesser degree, Maye. Since Adams was now a member of my favorite team, I've diligently been trying my best to separate my dislike of the draft pick from the player. Adams, however, has been making this effort extremely difficult with all his antics after every tackle. As I expressed in the game chat, I'm normally not that "get off my lawn" guy. Something about Adams' shenanigans irks the sh*t out of me. Unless his play gets better I'm sure his act will wear thin with everyone else at some point. It already has with me, much sooner than it has with Jets players in the past (i.e., Kyle Wilson, pre-Browns Demario, Amaro, Lee...etc.). Conversely, Maye just goes about his business. As a result, when he f*cks up I'm not annoyed.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Because he's good in the box?

Plus they seem to really like Maye playing the deep safety.

3. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Righ now Adams is the Jets hypeman. Like Flava Flave and Public Enemy, Puff Daddy and Biggie. The hype man is important for crowd engagement in hip hop but in football, as a top 10 pick you gotta be the one with the lyrics. Right now he is a well paid cheerleader until he starts earning his draft position.
    Dont get me wrong, i think he has a positive, enthusiastic attitude, and i have noticed him supporting the offense when he is on the sidline...its not his fault he was picked so high, Bowels and Mc have to be held accountable for their inability to identify talent.
    Adams may become a perennial Pro Bowler, but i don't see it due to his lack of coverage skills, hands, and hitting.

legler82 likes this.
  4. fansince90

I think the offense achieved more than expected. I would not change them...although inconsistent play left me scratching my head every other Sunday.
    The defense, the area that we sunk all the money and picks in, the area that Bowels was supposed to be noted for is disappointing. I would definitely make some changes of that side of the ball. Who is Seattles D.C. or linebacker coach? Would he be a good candidate for our D.C.?

5. fansince90

I had mixed feelings.

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm with you with the antic crap. I hate it and Wilson and Pryor were also clowns when it came to that. But these Adams apologist say oh that's just his leadership showing. Yeah right being a leader means getting your unit ready for the next play. If you need all that to hype yourself then you need to seek another profession.

#326 boozer32, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    fansince90 likes this.
  7. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Jamal should shut the hell up and work on his tackling. I fear we’ve got Sheldon v2.0 in this kid. Maye appears just to be getting on with it.

9. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Again he is going to be in for rude awakening next year once Mahomes and Watson are lighting it up.

94Abraham likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

“Cocksure” and “taste” should never be used in the same sentence.

11. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Like I posted in another thread, he doesn't make any of those spectacular plays that would put him in the ranks of guys like Lott, Reed, and Polamalu. His tackling skills also leave a little to be desired.

So he's definitely not any one of the aforementioned guys, but he is still a very good player. He gets it between the ears and really he's been the QB for the defense. I would also venture to say his barometer is still on the rise?

So we're definitely not talking about a generational type player, but a solid starter that could easily make the pro bowl for the next 8 or so years.

westiedog1 likes this.
  12. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

So do his coverage skills. Gates ate him alive yesterday.

boozer32 and tbruner12 like this.
  13. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

And Gates is 100 years old.

legler82, boozer32 and westiedog1 like this.
  14. fansince90

I have felt he needed improvement since preseason...but with that said Gates would do that to any defensive back. He is a wide bodied HOF TE that moves and catches like a WR.

BomberJet likes this.
  15. JethroTull

I was at the game yesterday. Gates cant run anymore. Adams was the worst Jet on the field yesterday.

boozer32, NYJetsO12 and westiedog1 like this.
  16. fansince90

Lol...cant run? He looked pretty swift on my h.d.t.v. Qiuickness, footwork, awareness sometimes trumps speed. There are plenty of fast players that cant ball.

FJF likes this.
  17. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, duh! Gates and Gonzalez are/were the trend setters for that type of TE which are now the norm throughout the league. It may be foolish of me to think so, but isn't that one of the big reasons they drafted Adams?

18. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

That's BS lol!! Jamal blanketed Gates on the TD like paint on a wall. Maybe a can of beer was clouding your vision :p

19. JethroTull

Again Gates cant run. I could probably cover Gates one on one as well as Adams. If Adams knew how to turn his head around he would have had a pick.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dear Jamal. Let your game speak for itself. This self promotion will only reduce your credibility once you don't accomplish the things you claim. Please shut up and get ready for next season.