Morton Waives the White Flag

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KWJetsFan, Dec 14, 2017.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

2. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

When it's 23-0 with 11 minutes to go, then Morton isn't doing anything out of the ordinary.

Not trying to score before the end of the 1st half is what was inexcusable. This is whatever

NY Jets68, FJF and Royal Tee like this.
  3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

If anyone watched the game it was pretty obvious...I will going on record as saying,
    While I do Like Morton and understand this is his 1st OC job ever...No one likes a quitter.

He gets a pass on the 1st one but to deny reps to a QB while we are "rebuilding" stinks of something here..

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

He’s right Petty and the team had zero chance making a comeback...but that being said:

My issue is that Petty at this point in his career isn’t trusted and/or good enough to step in as the damn backup QB and give it a go down 3 scores

He should be good enough or atleast comfortable and ready enough to sling it around a little and move the offense...especially with McCown being injury prone

Petty isn’t a damn undrafted rookie

FJF, Kris 15 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Who said Petty wasn't the one who was uncomfortable? Apparently Bowles - and maybe Morton - aren't comfortable with Petty in the game. For the life of me I don't understand it. Whenever he's been in the games that I've seen he looks competent and shows some flashes. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm not the coach who sees him every day, nor do I have years of football coaching, and yet despite the fact that coaches have these attributes they still make mistakes. The next QB that Bowles develops into a champion will be his first.

6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

He won't get that chance. Ever

7. misternaidu

misternaidu New Member

The question now is when will he surrender against the saints - the 2nd quarter perhaps?

8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I don’t understand it either. We’ve had Sanchez, Geno, Petty, and now Hack and these defensive coaches just do not trust the young QBs at all. Almost all of them were high rated prospects so I have to think the failure is on the coaching. Yes, some QBs that get drafted are just garbage, but finding a franchise QB is essential to being a successful franchise.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's just terrible. Morton is a dumbass

94Abraham likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Dude, Petty didn't get any reps at all with the starters. Zero practice reps. Why? I guess they didn't figure on McCown getting hurt.

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It was bad to see them give up, but Pettys footwork on that 4th and 3 was horrendous.

Even if your not getting reps with first team your still getting reps with secondary team so the footwork should be there after 3 years in the NFL.

His left foot is facing the center and he's throwing an out pattern to the right side of the field with time and a guy wide open.

I really don't know where the problem lies, it has to be on both the HC or QB coach and the player.

We will see what he does to finish out the season.

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Maybe it was not about Petty not being good enough but about not getting Petty hurt.

Sam Hammer and Cman68 like this.
  13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Something we are bad at and most definitely are not.

14. Cman68

There are people who truly believe that every QB prospect except for 4 the Jets have drafted since 1969 sucked. That every QB drafted since Pennington also sucked. It couldn't possibly be the CS or the QBC or the OC. I say the law of averages states that they should have hit on at least a few out of the 30 Qb's that have started since Namath or the QB picks since Pennington for that matter. The Jets simply don't groom Qb's successfully. That's why I fear for any of this year's class of Qb's who get drafted by the Jets. Maybe Morton/Bates can break the spell but judging how they've treated both Petty and Hack, forgive me if I have serious doubts.

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Morty and Bowels quit at the half by running it out

16. Cman68

Well, they could always get a good pub crawl going at the Last Resort down in the French Qtr.

Red Menace likes this.
  17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

When has Petty ever looked competent? I’m thinking you only watched his few preseason games against 3rd stringers where he looked semi competent.

This comment by Morton is inexcusable, this Denver game has really put a black eye on this CS.

rohirrim665 and zace like this.
  18. King Koopa

I’m not blaming only Petty or only the coaching staff...I have no idea if it’s lack of preparation on either side, Petty just not being good enough, the coaching staff wrongly thinking he’s not good enough, or what it is

My main point is regardless of the reasons why, it’s very concerning that our backup QB who has been with the team for a few years now can’t even give it a go with the game still somewhat in reach

Something really wrong here

zace and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

hmmm....on the road, good defense, down three scores, hasn't played all year...yea, he should have been really successful

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. King Koopa

There was no chance we were winning even with McCown but it would have been nice to see something, anything

Matt Moore came in for an injured Jay Cutler down big and whipped us up...Different situations but still it shouldn’t be night and day

matt robinson 17 likes this.