If Jets finish season with 4 consecutive losses

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Dec 11, 2017.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

How many coaches have they had in the past year 10 yrs? You think they never make mistakes? Oh all 3 of their coaches routinely do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I heard a stat yesterday that was mind blowing. They said that last Sunday was age teams second worst offensive effort in their history. If true that is amazing as they have had a long history .

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. jets12

jets12 Active Member

4. Beki

Beki Active Member

That is one point that our team overachieved what some people was expected, but it is only one point.
    I am very frustrated because I can't see our solid bases to next season: lot of needs, our youngsters didn't develop as expected, same mistakes like in last season. No real progress comparing to last season.

ColoradoContrails and Peebag like this.
  5. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

A pretty good place to start your investigation would be the names Rogers, Flacco and Roethlisberger vs Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith and Josh McCown...

boozer32, soh_vet, FJF and 2 others like this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

There's plenty of progress. Robbie wasn't even close to the level he is now. Even davis looks like an all pro lb compared to before, hell compared to the beginning of the year. Lee even looks serviceable now. We just have a deficiency of talent. Honestly tho, theres a deficiency league wide.

Beki likes this.
  7. Beki

Beki Active Member

Of course, there was a progress, but I don't really like the whole picture. I mean, the whole 53 man roster what Macc gave to Bowles to work with.
    All of us know that a really important offseason coming for us: possibly some good FA QB's and a talented QB draft class. Question is Macc can get a good QB or he will try to force a vet QB like Fitz or McCown to the coaching staff?

zace likes this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I hope they learned their lesson from fitz. I like Allen, maybe im wrong here, but i would be totally fine with him.

9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The point surely is that there was no attempt to build a roster that was better than last year so that is not a great indicator of how well he has done. The intention was to give opportunities to young players, retreads and cast offs to see who sank, who swam and who just about kept afloat. We now have a young roster with some talent that has progressed and plenty of cap space. That the team has got to a similar level as last year whilst going young and creating a ton of cap space is an indicator he's done a reasonable job. There's a fair foundation to build from and some roster spots that we know are OK, others where we have depth and guys that can do a job, and we know which holes need to be plugged. It's a work in progress and yes, its a big offseason.

Imagesrdecieving and Yankjetfan like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bowles & Mac are not going to get fired no matter what happens down the stretch. They will be back. It would take a lot for Chris Johnson to fire his brother's handpicked guys after 1 season anyway and there will be things he can point to as progress. Everyone will be back next year

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

"If the Jets finish the season with 4 consecutive losses."

*When

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The Jets are an absolute disgrace.

SMH there is even a discussion about Mr Incompetent TB...I would relieve him immediately

Mac gets half a chance to draft a top QB then if not can him too

Anyone going back to 1969 should be absolutely through with this team after "18 draft if we dont do the right thing

13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

With McCown as QB and Forte as RB, we were NEVER in full rebuild.

14. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

This is what really pissed me off.
    But, I believe there was no intention of removing either the HC or GM this year. But there's going to be high expectations for next year.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What I want is a move like the Rams, hiring a smart, imaginative, strategic and well prepared young guy that is perfect for the future. He took Fisher's team and turned it around with exactly the same personnel. Fisher couldn't do shit with Goff (sounds familiar?) but look at him now. We don't need a 1970 style grinder that gets out coached at every turn. Unfortunately we cant even pick the right leadership under Johnson. Some people here keep telling us at every turn how Petty sucks and Bowles knows better, blah, blah, blah. They keep dreaming as if mysteriously next year drafted QBs will outplay the vet on day one with our current HC.
    Furthermore, QB aside, is anyone here that thinks that Bowles has impressed us with his defensive skills? for all the #1 draft choices our D is low average at best.
    sorry Zace, my two cents.

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I dont think were nearly as talented on defense as people think. CB is a huge need for us as well is outside lb/pass rusher. So im totally not suprised by our defense. In fact, its better than i thought it would be. Very middling.

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

stop gap and cap reasons. forte is gone next year easily. Mccown will likely stop gap one more year for us. maguire has looked great as does powell

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we need CB depth for sure. claiborne has been overall pretty good. skrine isn't a starter and is best as a 3rd. we really don't have a #2. the rest of what we have are depth guys. #4 at best. we really need to find a starter opposite of claiborne. I wouldn't mind taking a CB early in the draft. as far as LBer goes it's not a major concern IMO. jenkins is performing well. moulden should be back. davis is a stud. lee is growing and has some good and bad games. it's hard to find a stud pass rusher LB outside of the top 10-12 picks and we have more pressing needs. I'd opt for offense. we need o-line badly and a QB obviously.

zace likes this.
  19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Oline and qb are my top 2 priority positions. Not particularly in that order.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If they lose out and finish at 5-11, would that be considered "grossly overacheiving"?

I'd say that's only 1-2 more wins than most people expected. (outside of maybe RobA.....and some media mockingbirds reciting 1-15)

ColoradoContrails and zace like this.