Dolphins @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

And unfortunately they're bad because of their shotty quarterback play.

I look at the 0-16 Lions and how the complexion of that franchise was completely turned around by Stafford. They looked hopeless that season.

It's a catch 22 caught between wanting to see the team win and the players develop and wanting that franchise guy.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, it only took several centuries to build the pyramids.. Compared to the Ancient Egyptians, we're on schedule. I won't be alive to see the next Jet SB but maybe you will.

3. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

You can want the core players to develop but still not have enough talent to win week in and week out. Jets were really stripped down for that purpose. They wanted to see the draft picks turn out to be something but the vets that provided stability, experience, and a certain amount of talent are gone. I'm not gonna get carried away from today. Dolphins looked uninterested and unprepared.

Cman68 likes this.
  4. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Well, all things considered, I'm still pleased with a win. I was tired of the talking heads with their 0-16 blather a month ago.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I couldn't watch it bceause:

A) I had to work
    B) It was televised here

But it sounds like they played inspired and I won't whine about that.The only negative I'll say is why in hell are we playing McCown? WHat purpose does that serve? Fire Bowles and let Morton take over. Kudos to McCown for playing great, but he needs to be on the bench as a mentor/back up.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

BTW: Did someone say that they played a 4-3 today? Was that for mist of the game, or just a change up?

7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Color me shocked...who were those guys...they actually looked prepared, they played smart for the most part and were physical. I must be dreaming....

MoWilkBeast and rohirrim665 like this.
  8. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Jets will probably beat the Jags and Brown's in the next two weeks, and then get smoked by the Patriots.

9. keypusher

keypusher Member

Congrats, Jets fans. What an awful day.

10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I do not expect a win against the Jags. I think they are better than us, top to bottom.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nope, I probably won't be around either. :D
    Yep, I understand and agree. I get why fans like @Cman60 are willing to tank for a year to get a QB. It makes logical sense. I just personally will not cheer against the Jets. I've cheered many December/January games where a win made the Jets drop in the draft order. Can't help it.

LarryAlRalph and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  12. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Gotta give credit to Bowles, I missed the game but I heard he played a 3 safety set on D for most of the game, basically replacing a LB (Lee) for a Safety (Brooks) and it paid off. Good for him for using a scheme that allows better players on D, our LB corps sucks and the NFL knows it.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

The plan in bringing Brooks in was the 3 safety look all along. Adams and Maye can play in the box and Brooks can use his speed and range to make plays. Also, Lee still played most the time alongside Davis in all of the defenses. They did take away the other LB. And it allowed Lee to essentially play a zone LB to cut off the flats and short underneath stuff.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

From another thread but I thought it appropriate to put this here.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Fuck me, all you are cheering for is another 10 seasons of mediocrity, this team is not going to win enough games to go to the play offs and certainly not to the bowl, if you never gave a chance at that what is the point ? I don't need the jets to be going there every year but once or twice in the next 5-10 seasons would be nice.
    Yes this team has some future players, 2 seasons of rebuilding will make the entire team good and ready to take us on to glory, you don't get that without some heart ache and by fuck we have had plenty of that, what is two more seasons of crap ?

Nothing is guaranteed but it is worth having a go and trying to kick start this franchise into top gear.

You can sit on your high horse and call us what you want, not one single one of us were cheering Miami on actively but yes we would prefer to lose and get the best slots not slot, slots, there is more than one round, maybe top pick in round 3,4 and 5 will throw some of the guys that always seem to come good from this draft area, rather than picking up the scraps in the middle.

When Robbie caught the bomb I was cheering, you can't help it but in the cold light of day we need to give ourselves the best chance to win and that is picking first in every round and sacking bowles at the seasons end.

Plus at the end of the day as good as we looked last night the fish were stinking the joint out, we were awful in the first two games, 1 win doesn't change that.

16. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I won't be either, Cman

Cman68 likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well said!

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Well put, K'OB

19. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

Everyone who's expressly for tanking, remember that we played the Dolphins, which suck incredibly. You saw how we fared against semi decent teams. I don't see us winning after week 5 (except for the Dolphins on week 7) anyway and we might lose to the Jags and Browns even if we do try our best. So ''worst'' case scenario we'll have 4 wins. Then there are factors such as do our tanking competitors need the same positions as we do, etc. It's too early to say anything.

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Look I am not advocating tanking, that isn't going to work in the long run, we need to lose the games no doubt about that but we need to remain competitive throughout, you know maybe go down by a score or two but putting up a good effort.

If we play like we did against the dolphins for the rest of the season I would be happy as it shows we are improving, we need to have half of these players show something for the future, then we need to blend in next year's draft picks into the mix and continue onwards next season, if we then win 4 or 5 games fine, take a draft position of 5th or 6th and add some more talent and then we could be set for a future.

Of course this is all ideal world scenarios but without trying the rebuild (not tank) we are set to remain a nothing team for a long long time to come, this is what I don't understand about some of the fans hoping that we win 6-8 games ???? That is utter madness and it is a utter nothingness of an existence for a team and a loyal fan base like this one.