Brandon Marshall Released

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John, Mar 2, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

You forget what bellichick did with randy moss?
    Every criticism on marshall could be said for moss yet him and brady broke TD records together and he was never an issue

Patriot likes this.
  2. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You are somewhat right, but when it was time to get rid of Moss, they dumped him like yesterdays trash.

I know many of you like BM, but he is no Randy Moss! The Pats have also tried many other aging WRs over the years and they have been failures. The biggest problem is they are simply to dumb to learn the Pats offensive scheme.

Also is BM smart enough to learn the complicated Pats offense is my next question?

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great story! Getting great BBQ is almost worth a divorce. LOL I want to make sure I understood you correctly. Are you saying that you got in a cab and went to get BBQ and left your wife sitting at the airport?

Patriot likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

Even if he is smart enough, the question is if he'll work hard enough to learn it. He wasn't willing to work harder to decrease his drops. He's on record as having said that he expects some drops and as long as he doesn't lead the league in drops, he's ok with them. Somehow I don't think Brady or BB would tolerate them.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Marshall going to the Patriots would be pathetic. Never making the playoffs so joins a team that doesn't even need him to Win a Super Bowl, let alone make the playoffs. Making it with any other team would be a special feeling but the Pats? Default.

6. GasedAndConfused

I don't see why not. he's been highly successful in denver, chicago, and with us. He may not be randy moss level. but the guy has been a top 10 WR in the NFL for a decade. He's currently 24th all time in yards and could finish top 10 if he plays 2-3 more years. he's 18th in receptions and could be top 5 if he plays 2-3 more years. He's 23rd in TDs and could break the top 10 as well.

If he goes to NE no reason he can't have an 80 catch 1100 yards 10TD season. He's done it with far worse QBs

Patriot likes this.
  7. Patriot

I am bad but not that bad. She came with me and when she complained about missing our flight, I said wasn't that great BBQ?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

The reason I asked is that you said "I/me" twice, and never "we."

9. Patriot

You might be correct, however the Pats have had veteran receivers not get their offense. Receivers like Reggie Wayne and Chad Ochocinco. Dropping passes will also get you in the dog house fast with the Pats. Besides I doubt they will pay him the money he wants.

10. Patriot

Good question. The reason I said "I" is because my smart wife was not 100% with my idea. It was early in the marriage and I could get away with more then....lol

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

Does he want money? becuase everything i read said he just wants to be in the playoffs for once. the pats are pretty much a guarentee that he will be. I could see him going there for a year at a huge discount. On top of that, peterson said he'd take a paycut to play for the pats. can you imagine adding marshall and peterson to the SB winning team? man i hate the pats so much

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Bill Belichick is not signing a receiver whose first priority is leaving every week to film his tv show and doesn't care about the number of drops he has.

BrowningNagle, Jake and Br4d like this.
  13. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
    Brandon Marshall and NY Giants reach agreement on a two-year deal, per source. Marshall doesn’t have to move, now plays with Eli and OBJ.

Better then the Patriots, I guess. Good move by the Giants. Maybe he can help OBJ. Or make him even crazier..

Patriot likes this.
  14. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Good move for both parties. I still don't think that catapults them to SB contenders but I think it helps the offense in the sense that he can mentor both OBJ and Shepherd and also acts as another option to take away coverage from OBJ.

15. The Dark Knight

I don't mind that move. B-Marsh as a #2 is pretty amazing. He was being double covered as a #1 a couple months ago. Should be amazing for him and gets to keep his Showtime job. Good luck.

16. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Makes sense for Marshall with his tv connections. Should be interesting to see how Eli and the cs will keep OBJ and Marshall happy with pass volume. Add into it Shepherd doesn't seem to be a slouch and I can see if the team struggles out of the gate that locker room is going to explode.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  17. The Dark Knight

Haha that is very true.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Marshalls show tapes on Tuesday. Gmen work Tuesday. Wonder how that's going to work.

19. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Brandon Marshall & Beckham on the same team. Potential shitstorm?

TonyFtLaud and Jay Bizniss like this.
  20. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Potential yes, but I only see that happening if Eli blows chunks in 2017. Marshall will say he will go down with Eli too