Jets announce Bowles and Maccagnan will be back.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Jan 1, 2017.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

So many people are going to bail out on season tickets , Bowels is just a very bad head coach . Fire the OC , same for Special Teams coach you can fire the Defensive coordinator also,,,bottom line is we will sadly be reliving this conversation mid season or at the end of next year ! This Coach cannot compete with the better coaches and teams in this league never mind NE who is in our division. No player accountability,,and how about his use of timeouts today ? This guy might be a decent secondary coach because he played the position but he shows me zilch,,,we can go on and on,,,ps is there a Jet fan out there that wants Revis back at CB or Safety ? These are sad times in Jet land and they can blow smoke up our asses with assistant coaching changes but this is a NEW YEAR but its Same Ole Jets. Is anyone going to be shocked when they go after Cutler or Romo,,,,,,Im done

NYJetsO12, alleycat9 and dogg like this.
  2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Not surprised at all. Personally, I would have fired Bowles but I understand why the kept him. I think they may move on next year if we don't make the playoffs.

Personally, I am interested to see how Macc and Bowles approach free agency and the draft, as well as staff members. Rumor has it that Gailey will be fired but feel as if he should not be. If you get rid of Gailey then no one can make a legitimate argument to keep KC Rogers or Brant Boyer. Also Macc absolutely needs rid the team of high paid vets who have underperformed. Isn't it weird that the team played well today whilst Brandon Marshall was inactive?

During the game one of the announcers spoke about a divided locker room and my guess is that the locker room became divided when Fitz threw 6 picks and some kept on harping on about Fitz being the starter whilst others on the roster were completely fine turning to Geno to start.

The 2016 season needs to be a season that Bowles and Macc learn from because if they don't they will be fired next season.

kevda5n9ne and FJF like this.
  3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

LOL either Bowles improves or he's definitely gone next season

Not a huge deal to me at the moment and expected

4. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Build an offensive line around Petty and a defense around Williams. Plenty of cap space after cutting high priced veterans. FA is more important than the draft. Easier schedule next year. No coach drama is a positive.

NYJetsO12, tbruner12 and PulseJet like this.
  5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I read your post and couldn't comprehend what was happening so I chugged a full bottle of Xanax and tried again. Maybe it's time to reboot. :(

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

6. Dibben

Dibben New Member

Right Todd. You have 1 year to right the ship...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the problem is the GM/coach will be on the hot seat, which means they'll likely try to apply a quick fix and spend all of their cap space in order to compete for a playoff spot next season. The last thing the Jets need is a redux of the 2015 offseason.. they should be rebuilding. I doubt that happens until 2018 now. It really just sets the franchise back and potentially leaves the next regime in a worse position. Maybe I'm wrong.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Enjoy your sabbatical. Maybe Rex will get a spot with Skip Bayless on ESPN?

9. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Stick around NC... What are you gonna do, become a Panther fan?

10. King Koopa

They might do that but Woody should let them know if they do things the right way and we look like we're on the right track then their jobs are safe

It isn't about wins/losses all the time, or atleast shouldn't be

kevda5n9ne and Mogriffjr like this.
  11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

LOL, AWESOME...

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So the GM/CS gets a mulligan this year. I don't think that means they get an automatic extension after next year should this team not improve. I think Woody is giving them both one more year is a good thing. However, that one extra year has to come with caveats. Lots of caveats. I think nothing short of 8-8 or better saves their jobs.

Mogriffjr and King Koopa like this.
  13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Haha..that would be another thing not to watch and not because of Ryan.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the flip side to this argument is the new regime coming in and feeling pressure to compete right away after the last coach/gm got fired in 2 years and blowing the wad on vets for a quick fix.you know, like 2015

King Koopa likes this.
  15. King Koopa

Again depends on the circumstances of the 8-8

If we play tough with young players and find a young QB with promise then yeah for sure

But if we sign a bunch of vets and falter to 8-8 then its see ya

Context matters

16. BigSnacks54

The Jets have missed the postseason 6 years in a row... in Woody's mind it will be about wins/losses. If this weren't the case, Bowles would be gone. If Bowles had won 7 games last year, I do not think he would be the Jets head coach come Monday. He was mediocre last season, which was understandable given that he was a rookie coach. But he returned this season and was just as poor as he was last season in his second year. But he won 10 games, and that's why Woody's is keeping him.

Yankjetfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. BigSnacks54

And that's why I wanted Bowles to be fired. I'm no fan of Mac, but if you fired Bowles and allowed him to play a significant role in hiring the next coach, you'd basically be committing to Mac for at least the next seasons or three, which would have likely meant that a rebuild would have occurred. The odds of a rebuild are now reduced and the team is going to fire the best coach on the staff as a scape goat,

NYJetsO12 and alleycat9 like this.
  18. King Koopa

I just disagree that each single win matters....It's about the bigger picture. Can this GM/Coach grow into a championship duo one day?

They need to deliver if they go quick fix again next season and make the playoffs....if they go rebuild then there will be some leeway if the team is trending up

Simple as that to me

19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Won't make difference, they're staying for next year. If they have another bad season Bowles and perhaps Mac will get the axe. This was announced. I am not happy about it, but whats the alternative? Fire someone every two years and become the Cleveland Browns or Buffalo Bills?

FJF likes this.
  20. King Koopa

Yeah but Macc would still be on the hot seat in this scenario just as much as he is now

I understand both of them either delivering or gone next year with a fresh slate

FJF likes this.