Poll: The Jets are (4-11), Do you Keep or Fire Bowles?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 24, 2016.

?

Would you Fire Todd Bowles?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

clock management has improved = check
    learns from mistakes = check
    makes in game adjustments= check
    see above with second half adjustments = check
    puts players in best situations to succeed =check
    holds players accountable for they're play and actions =check
    see above for coaches such as ST and DC = check
    has team ready to play = check
    team plays hard for him = check
    improves area of specialty such as defense specifically secondary = check
    these are just the first few that came to mind,,,,keep this inept buffoon ? are you out of your minds ? why ?

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in playing the fire the coach, keep the GM, fire the GM, keep the coach game. Mac and Bowles had a good 2015 and a terrible 2016. They get one more year and if they fail again, they're both gone.

3. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i voted yes, but meant to say no lol

i thought it asked if i wanted to keep him

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Who cares about last year? When a team plays like this down the stretch, its a sure sign. He has lost the locker room and the team. This team has packed it in, and that means he has to go. Period. Plus, what was so great about 2015? When the team had to win, it lost. As bad as Ryan was, his teams never stopped playing for him. Bowles has no emotion. The team plays the same way. Game management and game plans are awful. I couldn't even watch yesterday. It was that bad.

The Jets hired the wrong NJ coach two years ago. Quinn was the right hire, not Bowles.

The team is a circus again. The players are fighting. It's a mess. The first person who should be accountable for this mess is the head coach. I say bye bye.

5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Watching the AZ cards play Settle showed the difference between a HC who can motivate his team even when they are out of it and have a losing record and one that can not. TB is inept. His warts were there last year and many of us looked passed it because of the winning, period.

Indeed, except for the 1st 2 games this team has looked, disjoined, unprepared and flat. That goes to both the coaches and players. It's a very bad combination and during the KC game I told my wife that this coach is "part of the problem" and not the solution. Since then he and his staff have only supported that conclusion with the way the team plays and the poor coaching, i.e., getting out coached every week on all three phases of the game.

Its one thing to lose to a better team but its another when the team seems unprepared week in and week out and plays emotionless FB. I voted yes and I would fly back to NJ and help him clear out his office... Woody please do the right thing fire this incompetent stiff, let Mac hire his own coach and tell them this is what I want in year 1, 2, 3, etc.

geomon and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

Fire everybody.
    Clean house and start over again.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Looks like 73% say Fire Coach Bowles. 27% say keep him. I expected more of a 50/50 split, but I get it. 2016 has been pathetic.

8. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I would fire him and bring in a coach with an offense background. Enough of hiring DCs. That said, I don't think they'll fire him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

fire bowles !!!1 because the players QUIT on him ... thats the number one reason !!! players given less than 100%THAT CANNOT REPEAT CANNOT!!! HAPPEN!!! bowles MUST GO!!!

PennyRoyal10 and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

12 exclamation points!

You must be right!

K'OB likes this.
  11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Of course you fire Bowles. The only thing that would improve with Bowles is our chance of getting the number one pick in the 2018 draft.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Last year at 10-6 was not a great year. It was exciting, but it was 9 wins against losing teams. And choking a must win game which is a more accurate reflection of Bowles as a coach, when you look at it in combination with this season, than the 9 other wins. Context matters.

And if management ignores that context again they are equally incompetent. Of course, we already know they ignored that context coming into this season thinking this was a Super Bowl team because they beat nine losers last season.

Ralebird likes this.
  13. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

The team has a -154 point differential on the season. That's bordering on laughable and suggests a pathetic ineptitude on both sides of the ball. This team desperately needs a change.

mwojet and tomdeb like this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Very good take on the state of the Jets.

Management needs to pull their heads out of their ass, take a deep breath, and do what's right.

I've waited too fucking long for another Super Bowl appearance. I'm not getting any younger.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Lol that's literally what Leon Hess said when he fired Carroll and hired Kotite.

Snoopdogg and stinkyB like this.
  16. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

He has the same lost look today as he did a year ago in Buffalo...Don't let the door hit you in the a$$...

17. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I would fire him exactly one PICOsecond after the season is over. For all of you that do not know what that is? In decimal form is exactly:

.000000000001 seconds. In scientific notation: 1 × 10 -12 seconds or pS. In other words, just as fast a as humanly possible after the Bills kick our asses on Sunday.

tomdeb likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How does this make any sense? Has Mac made some mistakes? Yes, but look at the fucked up org chart the team has with Mac having no control over Bowles. We don't know how many of the moves Mac made due to Woody's orders or at Bowles behest. Mac hasn't had a chance to hire his own HC, either. IMO Mac has done enough good that he deserves the chance to hire his own HC and then have two-three years to evaluate. Bowles needs to go now. He has not done anything to deserve being kept on.

tomdeb likes this.
  19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Disarray everywhere on the field. All three phases

I've been wavering on this, but I believe you're right here. I think there's a chance that Bowles could learn from his mistakes, but we can't afford to wait and see anymore. There's just too many dysfunctions at this point, and this coaching staff is not equipped to be the staff that we'll need to teach and prepare for the future.

Gotta go. Give Mac the opportunity to pick his guy, and for the love of God Almighty, stop this douchebag Woody from interjecting his lame ass into football decisions that he doesn't understand and never fucking will, for fucks sake.

20. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

It's not our call so polls mean nothing. Ask a football question. Do the Jets need to build an offensive line around a young quarterback? Yes or no.
    Of course we have no say about that either.