Jets forgot how to block

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Snoopdogg, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

3. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

The only coach worth his salt is Pepper Johnson. The defensive line coach. The line shut down multiple red zone rushes from the 2 and 3 yard line.

4. Cman68

We got 22 separate Coaches! Wow!!! I am shocked so many coaches contributed to this trainwreck.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. iJet

iJet Member

Oline as a unit looked like shit, but Shells played nice. 0 pressures allowed in 55 pass attempts (per PFF). Not bad against wake. Maybe the Jets found someone who can play ot

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think that Karl Dorrell is. The young WRs are developing nicely. They know their routes and get open. He can't catch the ball for them. They have to focus.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Was he not playing on the play where Wake and Suh sandwiched Petty? If so, that stat is freaking wrong!

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That shit is unbelievable.

But the better shot is from the other side. The TE looked like he fell asleep in his three point stance and Wake ran right by him. The fukn TE didn't move til the fuckin play was over practically. It's mind boggling.

Similar thing happened on the blocked punt.

It was a disgrace the way the team played

9. iJet

iJet Member

T
    I think the Jets lined up a TE next to him. Shells was blocking inside, the TE was 1-1 against wake. With that being said -> stupid blocking assignment

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What? The same defensive line coach with three first round picks that has a position group contributing to their 27th ranked sack totals. Pepper Johnson is one of the first coaches that needs to go. We have two more sacks than the worst team in the league with one more game played (stats prior to today's games).

He's been horrible.

wewantsapp and abyzmul like this.
  11. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

Why is it when we face teams with bad Olines (I.e. Colts) we get no pressure on the QB, but teams like Miami destroy our QB ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  12. Cman68

ask Pepper Johnson DLC and Steve Marshall OLC for the answer to this mystery..

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Because we aren't what we thought we were...cough cough Sheldon...Mo...

14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

you mean when he was whiffing on his assignment.

15. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

In my opinion, that GIF is worse than the butt fumble. By the time the butt fumble happened, Sanchez was already regarded as a bum and pretty much out the fucking door with Rex not far behind him. Seeing Petty get destroyed like that while his entire line, that's there to protect him, does fucking nothing is just enraging and humiliating all at the same time. I've seen false starts/encroachment snaps with better blocking than that.

jonnyd, Snoopdogg and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  16. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Sack total is probably more a function of our poor secondary play. DL has played well in stretches; I thought they were controlling the game against the Pats before the turnover. Certainly not one of the best in the league, though, which is what they could probably have been.

17. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

The butt fumble just happened. Players were trying to make a play, just careless with the football, and then unlucky. Joe McKnight's fumble (RIP) on the ensuing kickoff was probably worse, and of course the Patsies ran them both back for TDs. That night captured that season - talented team, high expectations, what the hell happened here?

This play captures this year's team, unfortunately with a different message. It tells a story of a team that is poorly coached and with players that have just checked out. Nobody appears to care. Except us, the fans, I guess. Sigh...

18. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

PFF also graded the Browns offensive line as top-5. 5, as in the number of quarterbacks they got killed in this season...

I don't value PFF offensive line grades anymore after that.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I had high hopes for Pepper Johnson coming in. It looked anyway, like he did a fantastic job in both NE and Buffalo coaching up their defensive lines. I had thought he was on his way to a coordinator job.

He has been terrible. Its clear Sheldon Richardson is a stupid asshole and that is might be rubbing off on the other guys in the room, but Johnson is part of the problem. That unit is horrendous, both their play and their attitude. IF they do keep Bowles they need to mandate that he fires both Johnson and Kacy Rodgers.

The defensive unit is not just getting beat by talent or on schemes. They are woefully unprepared every week. That is on the coordinator and position coaches.

wewantsapp likes this.
  20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Jets forgot how to block.....and coach, tackle, catch, rush the passer, pass cover, punt, return punts, return kicks

Jetaho likes this.