Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by microscopes, Sep 11, 2016.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

this is my count, from the all 22 film on nfl rewind.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  2. jerseyjay14

I watched the pats basically make Hopkins irrelevant on thursday with logan ryan mainly being on him. other then 2-3 short catches that required high skill, he was invisible. we need to take more of that approach:

physical up front, with help over the top and linebackers getting deep drops. 4 man rush up front. bring 5 if the back stays in. we dont need to get fancy. we dont need to play our safties 5-10 yards from the line of scrimmage.

revis will be not just fine, but probably excel if you start letting him do what he does best, and take away his only weakness (deep ball over the top).

instead we have been playing him off, away from his strength and not covering up his weaknees, nudering him on both ends.

we can talk all we want about how many steps he has lost, but we arent really putting him in a position to succeed either. he is going to be declining and overpaid the rest of his time here.... thats out of our control. what is in our control is to start putting our guys in positions where they can succeed.

3. jerseyjay14

is the concensus that revis is dogging in?

because i just dont buy that. he has always been about the money but every time he has been paid he has still gone to work with that same insane work ethic and dedication.

i just dont buy he is dogging it or becoming a fat cat.

i think the more likely, and obvious awnser is that:

-the wrist is still healing
    -he is playing an off coverage not suited to him and less man to man and less press
    -he lost a step, and were not giving him much help deep with 1 saftey deep most times not 2
    -some overreaction, as 1 of the 2 big plays he gave up wasnt even on him once you watch the film (the AJ green play marcus williams was supposed to be in deep help

revis heals up a bit, bowles stops being stubborn and starts going more 2 deep and i think the complaints on revis go away

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Revis has been playing naked? o_O:p

5. microscopes

microscopes Member

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W