Bowles afraid of team's motivation if he goes with Petty...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Nov 17, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It could always be worse, but the odds are it would have to be better. Practically since SB3, we've had two clueless owners for most of the team's history. The odds are that the next one would have to be better. I wouldn't even care if he had less money to throw around as long as he was smart, hired qualified, experienced people to run the team, and then stayed out of the way. At least we'd have a chance of winning and if nothing else, have a team that all could respect. I'm tired of the circus and the insanity. As long as Woody owns the team, we have zero chance of winning anything.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Bowles played too much football as a kid without wearing his helmet

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

It IS.
    It is a circus--no other word for it

Cman68 likes this.
  4. june19

june19 Active Member

Bowles need to go after this season,this is not working we already can see that he cant coach. Please dont hire no more defensive coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Well the rest of the season just got that much better, cause there's absolutely no reason to punish myself by watching this team.

Can't say I had high hopes for Petty, clearly Fitzpatrick is the better QB, which really says how bad our QB really are, here's to hoping we get Romo next season at least that will get a little excitement going, doubt he'd come to this shit show.

6. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I agree with you. The Jets need to see what they have in Petty and Hackenberg. But with six games left and a chance to finish at or over .500, Bowles wants to play the "who gives us the best chance to win" card.
    I think Petty is done. The next time a young quarterback is called to start, it will be Hackenberg. He's the one that MAC put his rep on the line for.

It's obvious the players have no confidence in the youngsters. They've seen them in practice.
    I think the fans have to trust the guys who know best.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

At the end of the day, this might be the entire line or reasoning Bowles is using. Next thing they'll tell us is Hack throwing dirtballs is better than Petty throwing screens.

#FreePetty!

8. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I think if Petty is the future for the Jets, then he would be starting regardless however more importantly, they more impact pieces on offensive side of the ball for next year in Anderson, Enunwa, Peake, Smith, and Johnson etc...Right now Petty may not be the answer to get these guys more involved and competitive. Fitz, regardless if we cannot stand the guy may be the best option to contribute their play making abilities. I understand Fitz cannot throw deep but I want Fitz to throw them and lead them in routes...

If we had more vets around Petty other than Marshall and Forte/Powell then, Petty would be starting because these vets could help him build...Kind of hard to build around with young developing WRs IMO...

9. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Anderson and Marshall likely wouldn't even be on the roster if not for Petty connecting with them in pre-season. What a joke.

Boomboom and Cman68 like this.
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It would have been nice if Bowles could have had some concern over the team's motivation when Fitzpatrick was out there throwing six interceptions against the Chiefs. I mean, honestly, could it get worse than that performance? (I shouldn't ask that question. This is the Jets we're talking about, so I'm sure they'll find a way to prove that there is a way that it could get worse).

11. NCJetsfan

I don't buy any part of that post. He's just guessing. There is nothing even remotely factual to base his guesses on. The only comments we've seen from players about Petty have been positive. We KNOW that Bowles is clueless and a fearful, cowardly disgusting excuse for a man and HC. IMO Bowles is incapable of reasoning. If he was, he would have been able to figure out that playing Richardson at OLB was not a good idea, that continuing to start Fitz was not a good idea, how to stop the stupid mental mistakes, how to get the secondary to play better, how to manage the game clock, what adjustments were needed, or that continuing to allow Mo and Richardson to be late for or miss meetings was a good idea. If I'm wrong and he can, then his reasoning is akin to the poster's reasoning that you're quoting. No one with one ounce of intelligence or football knowledge would actually think that Fitz gives the team the best chance to win, or that there's any legitimate reason to start Fitz ever again barring injuries to both Petty and Hack.

At this point, I see no way that Hack can be even remotely close to Petty because of his fundamentals and lousy accuracy. It doesn't matter if he can read Ds better than Petty if he can't hit the receiver. Even before his fundamentals got so screwed up his sophomore year, Hack's accuracy was still south of 60% his freshman year, so there's a chance that he will never be accurate enough to be a starter. I believe that Petty can learn to read the Ds and he's already accurate enough. He just needs to be given a chance.

#131 NCJetsfan, Nov 21, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Cman68 likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You're preachin to the choir man...

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Fellow NYJ fan I have 2 words for U Dak P. For that error MM should be shown the door & if it means TB has to go so be it:mad:

14. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

This was the last straw for me. Bowles has got to go.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hess was one of the original partners that purchased the team back in the very early 60s so he has been part of NYJs from the onset of the Jets in 63. Woody has owned the team for 17 years now so he has flunked out 17 times. That is a impressive record hey? :mad:

16. NCJetsfan

I know. I was just using your quote as a vehicle to further expound upon the issue.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

This is all heresy.

You're all defiling the splendor of the man with the greatest winning percentage in the franchise history of the Miami Dolphins.

18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

So Todd thinks the team's going to quit if he takes Fitz out? What does he think's going on now?!

cmcm750203 likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Team looks very motivated tonight.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

You mean you don't think they're doing their best so they can save Bowles' job? ;)