The Crowd at Jets v. Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by steviep, Nov 13, 2006.

1. steviep

steviep Active Member

One good sign:

On the Jets web site there are NO tickets avaiable for Jets v. Bears. This is the first game I can recall this season that there have been no tickets available. There have been hundreds of tickets available for the previous games -- and there are still a lot of tickets left for the remaining games as well. I guess the win yesterday made this weeks game worthwhile.

2. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

And there will be tickets available for this one later in the week.

Just wait until the Bears take their tickets, and the left overs become available.

3. steviep

steviep Active Member

My point is that there are hundreds of tickets available for the other games right now. Every game this season -- you could get tickets -- on the web site -- basically at will.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Every game is sold out, generally some limited tix go on sale during the week when the visiting team returns their allotment but every game is sold out.

I think FOX is going to have their pre-game show in the Meadowlands parking lot. PLEASE Jet fans, don't look like idiots like the rest of teams fans when these shows go on the road.

5. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

You guys better give em' hell.

6. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

No fans look as bad as the Raiders. They look like fools. Eagle fans are just have crime written all over them.

7. nyjunc

It's like that EVERY week for EVERY team. As long as the isiting team doesn't used up their share then they go on sale. It's been like that forever. You make it sound like we are having trouble selling out and that is not the case.

8. Jerome 84

Jerome 84 New Member

This is off topic a bit, but I've been living in London for the past few months and have gotten a chance to go to several Chelsea games, and a Man. U. game in Manchester...It really made me a little embarassed about our sports crowds. At these games people are on their feet for 2 hours, and they NEVER stop jumping screaming and chanting. Plus having an entire section of the stadium's seats given to season ticket holders of the other team...it's such a great idea.

Here's the difference between our fans and theirs--Portsmouth was down 4-0 in a match I was at at the Chelsea Stadium. And down 4-0 with 5 minutes left they were louder and supported their team with more ferocity than they did at the start of the match. You go to a Jets game and if their down 21-0 in the fourth the place is empty. I think giving a section to opposing fans might reinvigorate the environment for american sports in general. Can you imagine a game between the yanks and sox at fenway, and not only are there a lot of yanks fans there, but the entire right bleacher is ONLY hardcore yanks season ticket holders?

Sorry to ramble, it just made me a little depressed the other week to hear you guys talking about the stadium being 1/3 full at kickoff and the fans not being too into it...

9. nyjunc

The difference is soccer is so boring the fans have to entertain themselves while we get into the actual games.

10. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Ahahahaha. Whatever.

11. steviep

steviep Active Member

True but season ticket holders and wait listers can buy tickets on the web site. This is the first game that you cant.

12. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

intelligent response there junc, to a pretty insightful post I might add.....

Jerome, the only probelm with that sort of thing is it would probably cause way too many problems...fights and whatnot.....i'm sure there's a fair amount of problems during thoser soccer matches with rival fans..

i mean, where i sit for Jet games....a fan with oposition gear on can pretty much be certain that they will have insults, beer, and any other items thrown at them until they leave...fine by me, as long as I'm not in the line of fire

In the 4 games i've gone too this season, there's a row of 4 seats that is in opposing teams hands every time......and basically all 4 times they were driven from their seats by halftime

13. GreenMachine

The big difference between soccer and the NFL is in the EPL they have to seperate the opposing fans becuse they beat each other to death.

14. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

:lol: Whatever you say there

In all honesty, take away the violence, those fans get much more intot he games. I havent been to a premiership game yet but I know the passion is there and anyone who says soccer sucks will change their minds if they go to a game.

15. nyjunc

The crowd wouldn't change my opinion of the game, maybe I would think it's fun to go to a game but the game itself would still bore me.

16. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Maybe your not a fan of soccer but to say that they only make noise ebcause their bored is not true. Even at international rugby games the crowd gets much more into it.

17. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Just go nuts for next week.....lets go and shock the world....again.

18. The Screed

The Screed Member

sunday cant come soon enough

19. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

we need to rock that stadium.

20. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Everyone in the stadium needs to be loud. The players thrive off that and Grossman is still young. Plus, its more fun that way. The stadium has to be rocking for us to win this game.