Mo Wilk & Sheldon benching?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Exactly like I said. He mentioned it 3 times in 3 years, all during the off season when asked about it during interviews. That's a huge difference from claiming that Mo wouldn't shut up about it. That's flat out wrong, it was just the media that wouldn't shut up about it and fans on the forums brought it up nonstop. He generally put in work during the season and didn't let his contract negotiations or lack thereof affect his production in the past, regardless if he was unhappy.

This is why I think there must be something else going on this year. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because he's coming off an injury and how he handled himself in the past. If they need to cut / trade him it will be after the 2017 season. I find it hard to believe that he's just dogging it on purpose unless he's really got something against Bowles. The fact that both of the guys are missing meetings tells me they aren't taking Bowles seriously. Hopefully they learn from the benching and it works out in the future.

Jonathan_Vilma and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Mo has been called out on being late to meetings before this season, so there's no reason to believe that he will learn anything from this past weekend's benching. Unless he is injured, he is putting forth less than an acceptable effort for a 'leader' on this team, especially in light of the fact that he got his money.

TNJet likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Mo said he was sorry today

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I missed that Mo had been late for meetings in previous seasons. If that is the case, then he should never have been re-signed.

5. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

6. NCJetsfan

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  7. Gunther

Gunther Member

I hope Richardson and Wilkerson get the opportunity to play for an organization that actually has a chance at winning. Revis got his ring, and he's good. Whether the Jets get it together (Lol) or not, Revis got his chance. Something that would never happending with the Jets because they are a badly ran organization. Get yours Wilkerson and Richardson. The Jets organization uses NY media to create controversy about players as if they are the problem. People are too weak and stupid to actually point the fingers where they need to be pointed. At the top.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Actually it does....Belicheck benched his #1 WR for part of a playoff game (one he lost) for picking on Rex's foot fetish.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

After hearing the most recent interview with Sheldon, he has to go. I would let him go for a second without question, and i could even be convinced to let him go for a third.

Immense talent, but its already a stacked position, and this guy seems to only care about himself. Trade him and move to 3-4 permanently with Wilkerson-McClendon-Williams on the line, and Jenkins-Lee-Harris-Mauldin as linebackers.

Sure up the secondary in the offseason (get rid of Revis, and save the 7.3M). The dead money sucks, but it is a sunk cost at this point.

Jonathan_Vilma and Cman68 like this.
  10. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

As I was afraid...............a 3rd round draft pick is probably as good as we are going to get;

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/11/is_sheldon_richardsons_trade_value_dropping_what_c.html

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Should've done this last year. Another year too late.

Jonathan_Vilma and Sam Hammer like this.
  12. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Definitely would have been the right call. Although, he's such a bonehead, I imagine his value has never been too high.

13. mitsudriver

mitsudriver Member

And that's this year. Wilkerson's cap hit is $18 million next year with $26.75 million in dead money. $20 million in 2018 but, can be cut to save $11 million of that (take a cap hit of $9 million to get rid of him). Richardson is $8 million or a free cut next year. Trading either of them in the off-season, especially for anything worthwhile, is a dream.

Cap hits for Revis and Wilkerson next year is a combined $33.33 million. Throw in the $5 million hit for Fitztragic, just for fun, and that's about 25% of the teams cap space. That's for 2 players. That are playing like crap or just uninterested. How in the hell do the Jets keep getting in this position?

#93 mitsudriver, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Because their mole rat of an owner is very involved in the election of a guy that will soon make sports an insignificant interest.

And I'm kind of looking forward to that.

Because, you know... the Jets.

15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Perhaps it would be a good idea to, y'know, not sign a guy with disciplinary issues to a new contract?

Red Menace likes this.
  16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

What did you think he was gonna say? "You're right, I'm not responsible. Don't pay me."

17. NCJetsfan

A key paragraph from that article:

Damn you Rex Ryan! I'll bet he's the one that got that started and went with them.

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Richardson at least looks like he gives a fuck out there. Wilk is like caspar the friendly ghost.

MoWilkBeast, Jets69 and CBG like this.
  19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This makes me more upset that the Jets paid this guy. If you knew he was like this then why cave? Very disturbing.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  20. Pothead

Pothead Member

Just let mo stay home this guy is a shell of his former self and isn't helping the team. Allow mo to sit out the rest of the season then trade this bum away.