Mo Wilk & Sheldon benching?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Mehta is wrong again though, because as it was posted by Wilkerson, Mo didn't really say much about his contract.

2. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

This is just killing us. We're losing trade value on Richardson each day. First the car chase & now this thing. Who's advising this schmuck? Where's his agent? We'll be lucky to get a mid-2nd rounder.

What's involved with "de-activating Mo Wilkerson?" I guess we still have to pay him. I'm just remembering the Terrell Owen's thing & his career was over after that (i.e. - no other team got anywhere near him).

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

July 25, 2014 - "Do I feel that I'm underpaid right now? Yeah," Wilkerson told the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta on Thursday. "But that's part of the business. My time will come when I get a new contract. But right now I'm just worried about becoming a better player, a better teammate and a better leader." Good thing he's not worried about those things anymore.

June 5, 2015 - “I just thought you work hard on the field, do what you got to do on and off the field, and that’s how you’re supposed to get rewarded,” Wilkerson told the New York Daily News. “I guess it takes a long time. This is new to me. But hopefully something will get done soon.”

June 16, 2016 - “It’s shocking. It’s frustrating,” Wilkerson told The Post in an exclusive interview. “Because I feel like I’ve earned it and I deserve it. It would be different if I was just a mediocre player. I feel like each and every week I’m dominating and it’s showing. The stats speak for themselves. Basically, what more do I need to do? You know what I mean?”

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Wow, that POS Wilkerson skipped his own birthday party..I am sure that endeared him even more to his teammates who I am sure were paying for it. Between him and Revis, Maccaghan should be fired tonight.

5. Don

Next time he doesn't show up and doesn't tell anybody they should put him on that retired list and stop paying him.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

what?
    why would we trade marshall? he busts his ass, rallies the team, draws extra coverage so our young WRs can get good matchups and makes plays for us. he's one of the few veteran leaders left on the team. We can't trade mo cause contract/cap, same goes for revis. Folk has been reliable for us for years why would you cut a good kicker? Ghilcrest has done ok and we don't have a better option so again why?

sheldon yes, breno yes, fitz is gone (no need to cut his contract expires after the season)

you can't just eat cap penalties, we'd be screwed cutting mo and revis. we'd have 35 million in dead money plus 5 mil for fitz and we are already 3 million over plus 5 mil for rookies meaning we'd have to cut another 48 million in cap room just to field a team.

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Maybe Todd Ball-less has something to do with it. He's too lazy to make the changes on offense to win games so why should the defense, who works their asses off, give a crap? He's losing the locker room fast.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It's still not a lot, these guys talk to the media all the time. I'm not excusing his current behavior but I'm sure he was asked on many occasions about the contract before he got a new one.

9. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I don't blame them. This team is a joke. Bowles is a bitch and Sixpatrick is the worst QB in the league. If you care about the game this shit gets to you.

Just think about going to work everyday knowing that your boss is intellectually challenged and the QB of the team can't even dress himself properly. I wouldn't give a shit either.

I bet every player on the defense hates Sixpatrick. I would.

Why are they gonna bust their ass 100% when Sixpatrick is just gonna throw pop flies all day? Then you look at Bowles and his face reads "Ohhhhh! So that is what tits look like."

Mo and Sheldon are probably thinking "Damn, we had a better coach playing little league than this fucking bum."

#69 Martin&theJETS, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    NYJetsO12 and Jets69 like this.
  10. Don

And the fact he REFUSES to make a change at QB..everybody, every fuckin body will try a change when their QB sucks no matter who is on the bench but not this fool..there is really something seriously wrong here.

dogg and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Re: Richardson: Trade deadline has passed. We're stuck with him till the offseason.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF this is what really happened , multiple latenesses and not showing up then these GUYS SHOULD NOT HAVE EVEN DRESSED FOR THE GAME ! Blow it up now its worse than I even thought the coach is in WAY over his head ! These guys should not even have seen the field and Mo should have been benched for a qtr or more after last weeks fiasco before the ravens game !
    The circus is back in town !

#72 CBG, Nov 7, 2016
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yea because not playing them was brilliant.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Jets are in full tilt decomposition

Just like good ole days...its disgusting

Millions down the drain

Mac should just find some scrubs or replace the whole team with the cast of Undrafted

At least we would see some effort out there...oh but wait ..Shoddy Toddy will shit that bed as well

15. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

I'm not buying the Mo hate just yet. This guy, by all indications, worked his butt off, stayed out of trouble, and produced immensely for 4 years. He's coming off an injury and playing out of position which I believe is contributing to his troubles. I'm not buying into all these rumors and anonymous whispers. He was probably late for a meeting. Beyond that, who knows.

jetfannerd likes this.
  16. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I'm telling you they don't give a shit cause this team is trash. Imagine Bowles and Sixpatrick with a birthday cake for Mo. I'd throw that shit in the trash.

These guys are elite but yet they have to play for idiots and watch Fitz throw pop flies. After the 5th time the secondary gives up a 50 yard throw by week 3 it's kinda like eh fuck it.

Why bust your ass when this team shows no effort? It's not like it matters. We usher out the worst QB in the league like some child being applauded for almost coloring inside of the lines by age 11.

#76 Martin&theJETS, Nov 7, 2016
  17. Pothead

Pothead Member

Jesus Mo at 10 mil? That is a worse deal than fitz for 12. Missed his own bday party what an ass.

18. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Yes ,---- and we can still try to trade him during the offseason before the 2017 draft. Problem w/stuff like this is, ---- we're losing what little leverage we had to begin with.......with each passing day.........as I mentioned previously.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

LMAO.

Every one of these dudes was probably smoking ganja a decade before they met each other, with a few exceptions.

jetlife21 likes this.
  20. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

If our coach and front office had a spine they would agree to bench both for at least a game, and if it continues, put them on non-injury IR and just let them rot on the bench. Enough of the garbage and stop letting high profile players dictate what happens on the team.

There's a reason why the Pats have been so good for so long and its because they recognize when to get rid of players. How long would Wilkerson and Richardson would last on the patriots? They would have been shipped out instantly.